Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesiwoofsdeh
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Here
Extracts, decoctions, tinctures and poultices: A thread for sharing
    #15472110 - 12/05/11 10:17 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Hey all. Now I have harvested quite a few wild polypores for my own medicinal practices and have so far only brewed some really wonderful Chaga tea, many a cup with Turkey Tail, and have a pot going right now attempting a decoction of the Birch Polypore [Piptoporus betulinus] but am still lost in a sea of mal-expertise,

Now being as novice in these practices as I am, I'd like to begin a thread to accumulate some of the best links y'all can gather and collective information, practices, tips & tricks that we can contribute for each other and for our guest browsers. Maybe we can also get a list going of places to get good product from?

More to be added in here, but for now here are a couple helpful links on traditional decoction method and some other, more modern, twists.
Decoction briefing
Double-extraction technique

Now, I didn't check if these guys are a sponsor or backed by here or not but I have found a wonderful DIY'er over in Craftsbury, Vermont that has a great spawn selection of many medicinals and also makes his own Maple Syrup-infused myco-extracts! Looks great, wonder if he's a Shroomerite.
Wild Branch Mushrooms

Any feedback, experience, trials, or troubles, I encourage you all to share! It's why we're here on Earth! PEACE!

--------------------
If a hawk can fly and show it's love with songs of praise and giving thanks along 395's polluted 10-lane highways-And if a man like twice your age can clean your house minimum wage and still somehow greet life with a big smile on his face then why can't we just show respect for all things with no neglect and realize that love it is the only way? Then why can't we accept the fact we're lucky, we need to give back - we're foolish for not humbling ourselves every day with Faith, works and unconditional love. No bad mind, no hatred, no envy, and no grudge. Babylon destroy your minds they want to corrupt. But InI have got to reach the higher heights up above.
last.fm
With out love day-day, insanity's king.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHorizonSpawn
Gettin' my grow on :)
Male

Loc: Myco-Tek.org Flag
Re: Extracts, decoctions, tinctures and poultices: A thread for sharing [Re: siwoofsdeh]
    #15477147 - 12/06/11 09:02 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

:popcorn:

Looking forward to the contributions...

Hope to be able to add in the future :thumbup:

--------------------
Please assume any and all prints exchanged are "WILD" in nature; and thus, should NOT be considered ASEPTIC...

NOTE:  Please excuse my brevity, as it is a bitch 'n' a half and slow as hell to type on this here phone :frown:

Offlinemikesethnobotany
Man
Male

Loc: Missouri, USA
Re: Extracts, decoctions, tinctures and poultices: A thread for sharing [Re: HorizonSpawn]
    #15481152 - 12/07/11 04:10 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

:nothingtoadd:

InvisibleJavadog
Continuing along
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Extracts, decoctions, tinctures and poultices: A thread for sharing [Re: mikesethnobotany]
    #15481363 - 12/07/11 04:57 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Great thread.  Thanks for sharing.

--------------------
Boyd Rice told my brother that life is a corny pack of freesakes

Myco-tek.org

Offlinemadadi
mushroom noob
Male

Loc: chicago, IL
Re: Extracts, decoctions, tinctures and poultices: A thread for sharing [Re: Javadog]
    #15488520 - 12/08/11 09:20 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

:popcorn:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale