Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineRico
Stranger
What is an average yeild using mycobags??
    #1546552 - 05/13/03 08:49 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I am thinking about purchasing Grain Based Myco Environment Bag and i was just wondering A) will ecuador's spawn and fruit in it ?? B) if so what should i expect for a yeild ?
i was told that they only produce about 6 grams of dried mushrooms and if that is so its not worth spending 15$ american plus shipping. thanks alot i would really appresiate any support thanks guys. By the way i think its great for shroomery.org to have this message board its really helping me thanks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSixTango
Mycota

Loc: A little North of Paradis...
Re: What is an average yeild using mycobags?? [Re: Rico]
    #1546618 - 05/13/03 09:12 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

What do they weight? Figure that out & do da math............. :grin:

Biological Efficiency (B/E) is a term frequently used to describe yield potentials of mushrooms from various substrates.

Simply put, a yield of 1 lb. of fresh mushrooms from 1 lb. of dry substrate is considered to be 100% B/E.

Since mushrooms are approximately 90% water and the base substrate is typically raised to 70 - 75% moisture, 100% B/E is equivalent to saying that 25% of the wet mass of the substrate is converted into fresh mushrooms.

(Referance Stamets)

6T  :tongue:

--------------------
~whiskey river rafting, hot tubbing, dirty dancing & spending money on - wild women - having fun & just gonna waste the rest~

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Re: What is an average yeild using mycobags?? [Re: Rico]
    #1546634 - 05/13/03 09:17 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

in answer to your irst question, yes, P. cubensis will realily fruit from an uncased grain substrate in a hunidified envronment.

your second question is a bit more tricky due to a large number of factors.
not everyone will be able to expect even comparable yields from the same proceedure. an inexperienced person who has successfuly grown cubensis via another tek could easily see 6 dry grams per flush from a Myco Environment Bag and get multipe flushes. just stick with a set tek and folow it to the letter and you will not be disappointed.

good luck,
concrete.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

OfflineVel
mushroom pimphandler
Re: What is an average yeild using mycobags?? [Re: canid]
    #1547230 - 05/14/03 01:26 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

my friend just recently harvested the first flush (and what looks to be like the only flush due to contams) off of a casing from a cake in a mycobag/substrate combo from Sporeworks.com

It was a total of 16.5 grams dried.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract