Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineoldmanofthewoods
Female User Gallery

Loc: Pennsylvania
Wood Ear Mycelium Growing- what next?
    #15470954 - 12/05/11 06:37 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

I have a grain jar (cracked corn and vermiculite) about 75% colonized with some wood ear I found a few weeks ago. I was not expecting my methods to work..but now that I have growth I don't know what to do next.

I have two questions, but first at little bit about my methods..I inoculated the jar with a spore syringe. (I ripped up pieces of wood ear and let them soak in 1cc distilled water for a few hours). Since I have very limited experience growing I shot almost the entire 1cc of water and spores into my grain jar. As a result, I have not been able to shake the pieces freely. I thought I might grow some mold because of the extra water, but so far it seems to be contamination free. SO my question is should I transfer some of the mycelia growth on the surface to a new grain jar with less water content?? Or should I just add to a substrate?

My final question..what is the best substrate for fruiting?

--------------------
A collection of my mushroom photos > fungi of pennsylvania

A giant puffball can produce 7-9 trillion spores. If each spore produced one giant puffball they would reach to the sun and back.  :sun: - David Arora, Mushrooms Demystified

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinesolumvita
Q.B.E.
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Africa
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Wood Ear Mycelium Growing- what next? [Re: oldmanofthewoods]
    #15471015 - 12/05/11 06:47 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

essentially you have some spawn so add it to a bulk substrate, best substrate to use - I have no idea! but generally the best substrate is the one you can get for free, look around for some hardwood sawdust as a start and then supplement with bran/corn/etc.

--------------------
One of these days all the answers will be revealed until then we learn from each other!

www.mushrush.co.za

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms