Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Ayahuasca, Gel Caps, Herb Grinder, San Pedro

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMusicMind
journeyman

methods of ingesting
    #1547003 - 05/14/03 01:58 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

ok i've only tripped once and we just broke them up and threw them on a hamburger. i was j/w some methods of ingestion i could take next occurences? someone mentioned u could smoke them? that'd be cool. so i was j/w if someone could post up the different ways people ingest them and if they affect you different ways or have different levels of potency that way, etc etc. thanx

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineWysefool
I AM SKELETON JELLY
Male User Gallery
Re: methods of ingesting [Re: MusicMind]
    #1547165 - 05/14/03 02:52 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Eat them over a period of about 25 minutes, chew them up very well, I mean grind them to a mush and suck the juices out of them.

Smoking them barely works (although if smoked w/ weed it can add a "trippy boost" to the weed)

Some people use a coffee grinder to make them into a powder which can then be put in gelcaps or just eaten.

Others still brew them into a tea!

I'm also pretty sure you could shove them up your cornhole if that's what you really wanted to do.

I would say not to do anything fancy with them, unless the taste is so gross to you that it makes you barf or something.

--------------------
GET MAD SWAG MONEY BIG PIMPIN

InvisibleXibalba
Stranger
Re: methods of ingesting [Re: Wysefool]
    #1547238 - 05/14/03 03:30 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Every time someone asks if you can smoke shrooms, God masturbates a kitten to death. Or something.

As for ways of eating them- place in mouth, chew, swallow. Works for me.

Invisiblezee_werp
a fractalcreature
 User Gallery

Loc: Aotearoa
    #1547345 - 05/14/03 04:58 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

My favourite method for ingesting cubensis (because I don't really enjoy the taste) is simple and effective...I just crush / grind up the dried dose, toss that in my mouth and quickly wash it down with a chaser (I usually use ginger beer as this masks the taste well, and takes care of any nausea which may occur). I prefer this method over adding the shrooms to the drink first and then drinking it, because then the flavour of the shrooms goes all throughout the juice or whatever.

With that method, it takes about 30 mins - 1 hour to start feeling them and they come on gently and gradually.

If you're after a 'rocket liftoff' type high, which comes on fast and strong (you gotta try it at least once, it really is an amazing sensation) is to make mushroom tea by crushing up your dried shroom material (or chopping up fresh ones into small pieces) put it in a mug along with a tea bag or some hot chocolate powder, and leave this to steep for around 10 minutes for maximum extraction. After this you can either strain the tea, or have it 'chunky'. Chunky is pretty gross though! But you know you'll be getting the best of both worlds as far as the high goes.

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
Re: methods of ingesting [Re: zee_werp]
    #1547719 - 05/14/03 11:17 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Easist way, because I hate the cruncy dryness of dry shrooms, is get 00 gelcaps and eat them in that. I find that a 00 will hold just about .5 grams...So you dont hafta eat 30 or any of that nonsense...4 should do you.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

InvisibleSHiZNO
-

Re: methods of ingesting [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #1548244 - 05/14/03 03:16 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

where do you get gel caps from

--------------------

OfflineBitchCakes
The captain ofouter space

Loc: Sea Attole
Re: methods of ingesting [Re: SHiZNO]
    #1548575 - 05/14/03 05:28 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Put ground up shrooms into a bottle of orange juice, shake and drink. No taste at all. I never take them any other way.

--------------------
-I'm a dork-

InvisibleOctopusDr
Octi Doci

Re: methods of ingesting [Re: SHiZNO]
    #1548709 - 05/14/03 06:10 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

You can get the empty gell caps at heath food stores. Most vitamin stores will have them too.

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #1550273 - 05/15/03 07:14 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

gring 'em up & mix powder with lumpy cinnamon applesauce...
if you just want most of the goodies (remeber, not all the good chems are water soluble..) you could prepare psillycider: tea 3x, with lemon juice added for 2nd x & cinnamon sickes added for 3rd x, combine 3 teas & add enough frozen condensed applejuice, pretty yummy, hot or cold...)

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

OfflineDgrepo
Stranger

Loc: Texas
Re: methods of ingesting [Re: gnrm23]
    #1550618 - 05/15/03 12:09 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

hell, purge yourself the day of your trip. dont eat anything. empty stomach and have 'em diced up, toss em in your mouth, chew a few seconds, flush with water. gag reflux is normal, but controllable, and get ready for some fun in 30 minutes. a had towel is handy once the sweat begins to pour. hehehahahahehehehahaha

OfflineJohnnyRespect
Nomadic Wanderer
Loc: East Coast
Re: methods of ingesting [Re: Dgrepo]
    #1551711 - 05/15/03 05:58 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I've noticed that ingestion methods can greatly vary the onset, the duration and the intensity of the experience.  A few nights ago, a friend and I dosed.  He had eaten recently, and ate right after we dosed.  I got my dose (60 wet g) and put it in a blender with orange juice.  I pureed them on high speed for about 3 minutes straight, then let them soak in there a bit, then pureed them some more.  Then I poured that into a plastic cup and put in the fridge for 15 minutes.  My friend meanwhile was slicing his dose (same as mine) up with a knife on a cutting board. He sliced them very thin, then put them in the middle of 2 pieces of bread that were thickly layered with peanut butter.  When his was ready, we both consumed our magical foods.  The blender I used was powerful enough to take almost all of the lumpiness out of the orange juice (from the shrooms), the taste was somewhat "fungal", but the OJ was the main taste.  I swallowed it with no problem.  I then drank a liter of water.  My friend ate the sandwich and drank a little bit of regular orange juice.  20 minutes later I was starting to trip, and he was having no effect at all.  His trip finally kicked in an hour and a half after we ate them, after i'd been tripping for an hour.  Our trips both ended at the same time, which means I had more overall trip-time, and from his description of it, I was tripping harder than he was. 

From this I determined a few things.  First, the shrooms need to be finely ground to allow all of the chemicals to be released into the medium you are eating them with.  Second, I think thta the antioxidants in the orange juice prevented some of the psilo- chemicals from oxidizing inside of me.  Finally, I think that having an empty stomach getting filled with a lot of fluid that was rich in psilocybian definatly got me tripping hard and fast :smile:

Thats what I recommend! Hardly any taste :smile:  Also, you can mix them up in the little pint OJ containers you buy at Sheetz, and take them anywher. Thats how I went to see the Matrix Reloaded,and I trippde nuts. 

BTW< At the end ofthe Matrix, Neo is in a coma, Zion is about to be destroyed, Neo saves Trinities life at the end.  HAHA SPOILER!:)

JR

--------------------
As I felt the soft cool mud squish between my toes, I thought, Man, these are not very good shoes!

OfflineMusicMind
journeyman

Re: methods of ingesting [Re: JohnnyRespect]
    #1552165 - 05/15/03 08:12 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

well thanx for all the advice everyone. i'll prolly just end up chewin them up real good and suckin on em by themselves if it doesn't taste too bad.

OfflineNFNF
omghi2u
    #1552452 - 05/15/03 09:44 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

FUCK YOU SPOILER ASSHOLE

FUCK OFF

--------------------
sup d00dz

OfflineEkstaza
stranger thanmost
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
Re: methods of ingesting [Re: NFNF]
    #1552459 - 05/15/03 09:49 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Luckily I figured out your plan quickly before I read what you said about the movie, otherwise I'd be PISSED THE F$@K OFF.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

OfflineMusicMind
journeyman

Re: methods of ingesting [Re: Ekstaza]
    #1552478 - 05/15/03 10:01 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

hehe, same here, i read the first part, somethin about zion, then i was like WAIT A MINUTE! and stopped reading

Offlineisabellegoddess
Stranger
    #1555539 - 05/17/03 03:01 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

break off pieces from the shrooms and throw them in you mouth. chew them well and let the flavor fill your mouth. i think it is important not to use things to cover up the taste while you are chewing them. mushrooms i think are meant to be eaten as they are since they require absolutely no further processing. its like they are bouncing on the ground yelling "eat me, eat me, im here and im ready!", unlike ayahuasca brews, san pedro cacti, or even tobacco, which need to be prepared for ingestion.

InvisibleNariusFractal
Sat Chit Ananda
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: methods of ingesting [Re: isabellegoddess]
    #1557212 - 05/18/03 02:33 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I once blended four big ones that I found in my pasture with some tomato juice. I was feeling it within 10 mins. Very intense

--------------------
You are the microcosm of the macrocosm.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Ayahuasca, Gel Caps, Herb Grinder, San Pedro

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports