Home | Community | Message Board

Zamnesia.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinesmkingjoker
Stranger
just some tips
    #1546039 - 05/13/03 07:40 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

i want to learn how to meditate and achieve ego loss by meditation..i am a pretty philosophical person i guess and it just is somethign i really want to learn how to do. I was wondering if anyone could give me tips on how to meditate.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibletak_old
Endo Smoke

Loc: State of confusion
Re: just some tips [Re: smkingjoker]
    #1550041 - 05/15/03 03:09 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Im not the one to give advise...but the advise i can give is to do what feels right to you. Visualize the energy around you, and anylize what the ego is, how it effects your everyday life, and what it does to people, and what it would be like without it. Here is a good read: http://www.deoxy.org/egofalse.htm

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
Re: just some tips [Re: smkingjoker]
    #1550138 - 05/15/03 04:09 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Well, everyone meditates. If you want to learn more, go outside and observe the way Nature breathes. See it??? Now drink it in through your pupils.

Ego loss? I've only been there once, and it's kind of something that just happens. It arises through your individual genetic unfoldment. (Of course, all types of chemicals can speed or slow down this unfoldment process... such as... mushrooms)

So I guess this is the part where I tell you to take some fuckin mushrooms and prepare to humble yourself before Reality.

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

Invisiblesunyata
nonexistentexistentialist
Re: just some tips [Re: tak_old]
    #1550667 - 05/15/03 12:33 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Here is a good read: http://www.deoxy.org/egofalse.htm 

That is an excellent bit of truth from Osho, one of my favorite teachers. The following bit struck me particularly hard today:

Quote:

The ego is always looking for some trouble. Why? Because if nobody pays attention to you, the ego feels hungry.

It lives on attention.

So even if somebody is fighting and angry with you, that too is good because at least the attention is paid. If somebody loves, it is okay. If somebody is not loving you, then even anger will be good. At least the attention will come to you. But if nobody is paying any attention to you, nobody thinks that you are somebody important, significant, then how will you feed your ego?

Other's attention is needed.

In millions of ways you attract the attention of others; you dress in a certain way, you try to look beautiful, you behave, you become very polite, you change. When you feel what type of situation is there, you immediately change so that people pay attention to you.

This is a deep begging.

A real beggar is one who asks for and demands attention. And a real emperor is one who lives in himself; he has a center of his own, he doesn't depend on anybody else.

I realize that this is what I have been doing here on the Shroomery the last few days; begging for attention. There is more to it of course, I enjoy reading others' thoughts and contributing to discussions, but there is no question I have been feeding my ego. Time to disconnect and head outside... :wink: 

OfflineTonberry
I have a chefknife.

Loc: My brain is the cliff.
Re: just some tips [Re: tak_old]
    #1550754 - 05/15/03 01:10 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I think I understand. In an essence, watching yourself and focusing on what is actually troubling you will bring you to the realization that whatever it is - it doesn't matter. Do not be concerned with others - you must figure out yourself before you begin to help others.

That's the main point that I got from reading the link. I think I need to read it over and over though, because there seems to be so much information that I wasn't really able to get.

:blush:

--------------------
The days go so slow.

Invisibletak_old
Endo Smoke

Loc: State of confusion
Re: just some tips [Re: Tonberry]
    #1551024 - 05/15/03 02:24 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

That read also says you cannot get rid of the ego, only notice it is there, and how it works. It is the process of life. I can see alot of ego in myself. It saddens me, but only recently have i relized it, and i guess that is the first step in losing it. Peace.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology