Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | Next > | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleRan-D
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Identifier
Re: It had to happen eventually.... [Re: Dubwobble]
    #15451834 - 12/01/11 08:59 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Careful man you might get attacked for picking those pins even though they're dried up :lol:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleauweia
mountain biking
 User Gallery

Re: It had to happen eventually.... [Re: Ran-D]
    #15451895 - 12/01/11 09:14 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

you don't see that too often..I'm sure you've heard on the news we haven't gotten dry winds like this for 15 years

Those pins ain't gonna make it past the next rain..LOL

They won't reconstitute once they get shriveled that far..they'll just turn black and go back to the chips

Funny thing tho, many places haven't even started yet. I bike enough to know that many species haven't started yet in many places in chips...It's not quite over yet

Quote:

Ran-D said:
Careful man you might get attacked for picking those pins even though they're dried up :lol:

Edited by auweia (12/01/11 09:15 PM)

InvisibleRan-D
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Identifier
Re: It had to happen eventually.... [Re: auweia]
    #15451951 - 12/01/11 09:26 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

auweia said:
They won't reconstitute once they get shriveled that far..they'll just turn black and go back to the chips

That's my point, you pretty much gotta harvest those but I bet someone on here still wants to talk shit about it. "Patch raper blah blah blah I know more than you" :shrug:

OfflineDubwobble
Psilocybe Stoopin'
Male User Gallery

Loc: CA, USA Flag
Re: It had to happen eventually.... [Re: Ran-D]
    #15451960 - 12/01/11 09:27 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Yah man I am hella surprised that I found these with how dry it is.

Last year I wasn't finding anything until the very end of December, when the really cold rains were going for a while.

But all you cats showing off your awesome finds and pic gave me the itch to go hunting for the cyans and friscosas

Underneath the obvious dried caps I saw and found, there is a whole carpet of pins underneath the wood chips, about a quarter of a hillside just waiting to come up.

Then the other area that I found a couple dried ones were in the "tall grass" area's I was finding them last year, although the grass is basically all half dead still. By observing the area for a couple seasons I see that the mushrooms grow from the decaying dead grass from the previous year, while the new seasons grass grows up around the areas and helps hold moisture and protects the newly forming mushies from the wind.

Hopefully this is an early start to a long season :laugh:

--------------------

OfflineGravity
Happy Learner
Male User Gallery

Loc: N. East Bay, San Francisc...
Re: It had to happen eventually.... [Re: Dubwobble]
    #15452196 - 12/01/11 10:19 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah, when they are that dry, there is no point in leaving those.  I grabbed some that were much smaller than I normally would but they aren't going to make it anyways.  The active stuff is still in there.

If there is one good thing about these winds is that I don't need to dry 'em! :cool:

--------------------

Edibles Found and Eaten

Chantrelles  Blewits  Shaggly Parasols  Honey Mushrooms  Candy Caps

Offlineapplesmasher420
CGI and Visual Effects Artist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Kekistan
Re: The Official SF Bay Area 2011 season thread [Re: Gravity]
    #15452558 - 12/02/11 12:01 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

so basically yesterday was seeming to be a fairly normal day at work until i arrived at a customers home whos entire front yard contained by far the biggest patch ive ever found.
its funny because this is only the 3rd patch ive ever found but that morning i told my co-worker i was going to find actives that day :awelol:

anyways here are some photos of the patch! :awetongue:

the haul :cactuarrun:

some bluing ;D

pile of bones

as i was taking them out of the bag one by one spore printing them i pulled one out with a high as fuck slug on it but i didnt notice it until i went to cut the stem and it somehow startled the shit out of me and i dropped my scalpel :rofl:

anyways i put that slug in a test tube and released him today while me and a friend were tripping on a mixed dose of these 3 species :bigjoint:
(left: panaoleus cinctulus, center: psilocybe cubensis, right: psilocybe franciscans)

the doses consisted of .7 of P.franciscans, .2 of P.cinctuls, and .3 of Penis Envy :awecid:

and of course i couldnt resist making a video <3

(in case your wondering the song is from the game in my signature lol)

oh and wtf is up with all this dry air?!!?!
the pins in my other 2 patches are shriveled up and dry :sad: i picked them but would it be a good idea to water the patches?

--------------------

Everything I post is CGI :shrug:                                                                  My Grow Logs!                 

Edited by applesmasher420 (12/02/11 12:26 AM)

InvisibleRafiikii
 User Gallery

Re: The Official SF Bay Area 2011 season thread [Re: applesmasher420]
    #15452616 - 12/02/11 12:21 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

applesmasher420 said:

not to shabby bruv! sounds like a good fucking day at work if i do say so myself. :cheers:

--------------------
"You didn’t come into this world. You came out of it, like a wave from the ocean. You are no stranger here."

Offlineionsight
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: The Official SF Bay Area 2011 season thread [Re: Rafiikii]
    #15454817 - 12/02/11 02:34 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

So I check my patch today and saw its not looking so good. I've been watering it daily to no avail. I had to pick a lot of the pins that were completely dried up :frown: I'm leaving some that looked ok-ish but i'm pretty sure they will just dry up too. As long as i've been making sure to pinch the mushrooms off leaving some of the stem still attached the the chips will the patch survive? When we get rain again later this month is there a good chance it will fruit again?

OfflineDubwobble
Psilocybe Stoopin'
Male User Gallery

Re: The Official SF Bay Area 2011 season thread [Re: ionsight]
    #15454852 - 12/02/11 02:44 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

@ appleshmasher420 : :dancer:

--------------------

InvisibleRafiikii
 User Gallery

Re: The Official SF Bay Area 2011 season thread [Re: ionsight]
    #15454859 - 12/02/11 02:45 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

ionsight said:
So I check my patch today and saw its not looking so good. I've been watering it daily to no avail. I had to pick a lot of the pins that were completely dried up :frown: I'm leaving some that looked ok-ish but i'm pretty sure they will just dry up too. As long as i've been making sure to pinch the mushrooms off leaving some of the stem still attached the the chips will the patch survive? When we get rain again later this month is there a good chance it will fruit again?

The patch is likely not spent, whether it be this season or next you will most likely see fruits again :peace::gethigh::cheers:

--------------------
"You didn’t come into this world. You came out of it, like a wave from the ocean. You are no stranger here."

Invisibleauweia
mountain biking
 User Gallery

#15455410 - 12/02/11 04:24 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Day around the bay

new species, P shrivelupagous!

One photo not active...(if it matters, it's the yellow ones, probably yellow stropharia...included here to show it's not a good idea to try and hunt and ID right now unless you have experience, or already know patches)

They're all going raisins

Edited by auweia (12/02/11 09:47 PM)

OfflineBlue-FunGuy
The Bad Pungi
Male User Gallery

Loc: Northeast Flag
Trusted Identifier
Re: The Official SF Bay Area 2011 season thread [Re: auweia]
    #15455660 - 12/02/11 05:21 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Wow,that dry wind over there is drying all your shrooms.Now do you think that is a good or bad thing? Good for the spores maybe,if they get a chance to mature enough first.

Invisibleauweia
mountain biking
 User Gallery

Re: The Official SF Bay Area 2011 season thread [Re: Blue-FunGuy]
    #15455683 - 12/02/11 05:27 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

no they stop dropping spores when they get that dry too..Most already did drop spores before it got dry tho

it's not a good thing generally for mushrooms to be this dry..They tend to like wet weather, you know?

Hopefully they don't get too confused and retreat. I think there probably will be more fruiting after the rain next week, and even some of the same patches. But it'll take awhile...2 weeks probably

Nobody really knows how it will turn out. This doesn't happen quite this severe very often. But we do have plenty of reporters on the scene if it does recover

BTW, the near black ones were still OK...maybe not as good as fresh ones, but still saveable. They were all crisp and dry as potato chips

they weren't completely solid black..stems still had some left...Only when they turn completely black it's pretty much all gone. But you have to be careful not to eat that fresh unless they are completely dry, because alot of that blackness is bacteria

Edited by auweia (12/02/11 05:31 PM)

OfflineDubwobble
Psilocybe Stoopin'
Male User Gallery

#15455739 - 12/02/11 05:40 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Isn't it funny how it is so super nice out right now in the Bay, but we are all wishing for it to rain... :tongue2:

LOL

--------------------

InvisibleRafiikii
 User Gallery

Re: The Official SF Bay Area 2011 season thread [Re: Dubwobble]
    #15455756 - 12/02/11 05:43 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Dubwobble said:
Isn't it funny how it is so super nice out right now in the Bay, but we are all wishing for it to rain... :tongue2:

LOL

:laugh2:

so true, but hey your right it was a very beautiful day today.

Good vibes to one and all :cheers:

--------------------

OfflineBlue-FunGuy
The Bad Pungi
Male User Gallery

Loc: Northeast Flag
Trusted Identifier
    #15455780 - 12/02/11 05:49 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

auweia said:
no they stop dropping spores when they get that dry too..Most already did drop spores before it got dry tho

it's not a good thing generally for mushrooms to be this dry..They tend to like wet weather, you know?

Hopefully they don't get too confused and retreat. I think there probably will be more fruiting after the rain next week, and even some of the same patches. But it'll take awhile...2 weeks probably

Nobody really knows how it will turn out. This doesn't happen quite this severe very often. But we do have plenty of reporters on the scene if it does recover

BTW, the near black ones were still OK...maybe not as good as fresh ones, but still saveable. They were all crisp and dry as potato chips

they weren't completely solid black..stems still had some left...Only when they turn completely black it's pretty much all gone. But you have to be careful not to eat that fresh unless they are completely dry, because alot of that blackness is bacteria

I figured it wasn't that good for them in general but I bet some people are probably like "sweet I don't need to find a way to dry em".

Invisibleauweia
mountain biking
 User Gallery

#15455789 - 12/02/11 05:52 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

yeah...Is it normal to get a sun tan while hunting mushrooms?...hehe

and yep, this season in california they come pre-dried for your convenience :P

PS, I should mention that I do remember this type of wind this late before...It's been a long time so I don't remember the exact year or how that year turned out. It doesn't even matter actually, because it was so long ago, a generation ago, that so much has changed..It's different from 10 years ago, much less 30 years ago...Much more wood chips than there used to be, and spreading because of 'green' awareness (this wood chip species along with others really is just a part of that whole cycle of being part of the earth, and not a lab)...so in this respect, this year is unprecedented.

..It is a real test to see how it turns out

As damaging to the season as this wind is, it's not exactly a deep freeze that finishes off the season for the year either, like what happens in the PNW

This is part of what makes our San Francisco Bay Area unique, good and bad

Our season won't really be over until Spring...When the plum and cherry trees start blooming again in San Francisco in maybe March or April...or February if it's a really weird year...lol

believe it or not, most places around the bay have hardly even started yet....that could be a good thing

nobody knows...time will tell

those plum trees ain't blooming yet...lol

Edited by auweia (12/02/11 10:02 PM)

Invisibleauweia
mountain biking
 User Gallery

#15456998 - 12/02/11 10:45 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

multicolored ones...in a wells fargo parking lot, today, somewhere in the bay area

this also doesn't happen too often either, and usually involves a unique set of weather conditions over a week or so, off again on again

rare psilocybe cyanescens photos from San Francisco

you will not find very many mushroom species that do this

not a single one actually...lol

psychedelic

Edited by auweia (12/02/11 11:22 PM)

OfflineOregonChronic
Iron, Lion, Cyans
 User Gallery

Loc: Scoping Woodchips
    #15458249 - 12/03/11 09:46 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Let me know if you guys see a dreadlocked hippy with a HUGE backpack...he's my associate

--------------------
:mushroomgrow:Wavy Cap Cyan Spore Prints for Trade/Sale :mushroomgrow:

InvisibleRan-D
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Identifier
Re: The Official SF Bay Area 2011 season thread [Re: OregonChronic]
    #15458505 - 12/03/11 10:57 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

OregonChronic said:
Let me know if you guys see a dreadlocked hippy with a HUGE backpack...he's my associate

In that case I see your associate on just about every street in SF...

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | Next > | Last >

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate