Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLuna
Luna
Loc: The Land of Oz
WOW - they are huge!
    #1543845 - 05/13/03 12:17 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Hi

AFOAF went mushie hunting yesterday in Australia - he came back with some very large red mushies with white dots on top. The stalk has a large stump at the bottom and they are ranging from orange to chrimson red. I heard they are poisionous unless you prepare them properly? Wondering if anyone can shead some light into what they are and if they are eatable or trippy?

Cheers!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblepoke smot!
floccinocci floofinator
Male

Re: WOW - they are huge! *DELETED* [Re: Luna]
    #1543881 - 05/13/03 12:27 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Post deleted by poke smot!

Reason for deletion: x

OfflineLuna
Luna
Re: WOW - they are huge! [Re: poke smot!]
    #1543892 - 05/13/03 12:29 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

yeah i have been doing some reading, they have white gills and white spore prints.. so i guessing they are deadly. Oh well... they still are very pretty hehehehehe hoping to find some Goldtops next week  :smile:

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Trusted Identifier
Re: WOW - they are huge! [Re: Luna]
    #1543925 - 05/13/03 12:41 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

if they have somewhat bulbous stipe bases, white stipes, a promenant annulus, red pillei addorned with white viel remenants, white gills and sporeprints they likely are A. muscaria. they are not hallucinogenic, but are psychoactive.

they produce euphoric, cloudy, dreamlike moods; often accompanied with nausia, headache, exessive salivation/ they also produce notable distortions of distance and size.

many find the negative effects to be too unpleasant to be worthwhile though some [myself included] enjoy it a lot.

the unpleasant effects can be eased signifigantly, if not totaly, by the use of a little herb and by proper preperation via heated drying, check erowid.

they are quite tasty and can be prepared for consumption as an edible without psychoactive effects by parboiling in several changes of water.

[note: the above is purely dependant on positive identification. it should not be assumed that the nushroom in question is A. muscaria yet, though it dose sound likely.]

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Edited by concretefeet (05/13/03 12:44 AM)

OfflineLuna
Luna
Re: WOW - they are huge! [Re: canid]
    #1543995 - 05/13/03 12:59 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

i looked at some photos from Erowid - the mushrooms my friend has - the caps are more flat then the photos I viewed however they are quite large and maybe just grown ... Do you think they could be a different sort of Aminitas?

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Identifier
    #1544032 - 05/13/03 01:14 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

the caps will be more flat as they aproach full maturity.

A. muscaria is rather distinct and is actualy one of the easiest mushroom species to id.

i would not recomend eating them yet [and would strongly discorage you from it] but i wil say that the id is probably sound.

i would ask you to read this thread and post a description in the form given there. with that i could give a more reliable answer.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Loc: San Antonio, TX
Re: WOW - they are huge! [Re: canid]
    #1544279 - 05/13/03 03:31 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

there was a post yesterday or the day before with a really good pic of them look back a couple pages and take a look. the ones in the pic were older and flat and faded. i think you found some muscaria but make sure first as youve probly read amanitas kill more people than any other mushroom. peace

blaze2

--------------------
"Religion without science is blind, Science without religion is lame." Albert Einstein

"peace is not maintained through force it is acheived through intelligence." Albert Einstein

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."
Thomas Jefferson

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." --Thomas Jefferson

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Trusted Identifier
    #1544298 - 05/13/03 04:05 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

OfflineBuddrow
Un-Normal

Loc: Arkansas
Re: WOW - they are huge! [Re: Anno]
    #1544975 - 05/13/03 11:57 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Me and a cousin once picked a bunch of A. Muscaria and semi dried them before ingesting. I can't say exactly how much we ate, I had probably at least 4 and they were big shrooms. The effects were basically trancelike, and neither pleasant nor unpleasant. We threw the rest out. I wouldn't recommend eating them. They are beautiful mushrooms, however.

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Identifier
Re: WOW - they are huge! [Re: Buddrow]
    #1545302 - 05/13/03 01:45 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

you ate 4 large specimens withoput having any prior experience with them? no wonder you wouldn't want to do it again.

--------------------

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
Re: WOW - they are huge! [Re: Anno]
    #1550112 - 05/15/03 01:49 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

the season you pick animita in makes a big difference
pick it at the hotest time of the year........(right now some of you might be thinking "what a fucking fool"  well I am not look it up for yourself )

the hotter the better
:grin: 

--------------------

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: WOW - they are huge! [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #1550328 - 05/15/03 06:49 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

They do not grow in the hottest time of the year. They are a fall mushroom growing in the northern hemispheres. Except maybe in Australia. They also grow onm Kuaui at high elevations where it is colder.

mj

OfflineODhaze
outdoorhaze

Loc: in the haze
Re: WOW - they are huge! [Re: mjshroomer]
    #1550840 - 05/15/03 11:38 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I can pick probably 50+ pounds of amanitas in my very own neighborhood without a problem come fall.

its almost a nuisense, mine are mostly var. formosa though

--------------------
I believe i will go out to the seashore, let the waves wash my mind. Gunna open up my head now just to see what i can find...

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
Re: WOW - they are huge! [Re: mjshroomer]
    #1552876 - 05/15/03 11:06 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

They do not grow in the hottest time of the year.

well they may not grow at the  "hottest" time of the year but its better to pick them in summer than fall

YES you can pick them in summer (late summer) if you dont belive me I can send you some this summer! :grin: 

--------------------

OfflineOJ
old hand
Re: WOW - they are huge! [Re: ODhaze]
    #1553359 - 05/16/03 02:57 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

amintas grow everywhere around here man, maybe this year I will get some and dry out!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck