Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
InvisibleCrossingTheStar
Unoriginal Philosopher
Male

Loc: U.S. of A. Flag
Re: Does anybody else douse everything with hotsauce and eat lots of peppers? [Re: The Influence]
    #15457825 - 12/03/11 06:24 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I love the spicy.
Especially wasabi, a pea sized amount of that shit will be like a flamethrower through your nose to your brain for 10 seconds. Never snorted it before, though I wanna cut coke with it as a joke to somebody someday.

--------------------
:durrhurr: Smoke enough weed and you'll never grow up, mentally. Peter Pan strain. :durrhurr:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePigasus
D.T.K.L.A.M.F.

Loc: slow death
Re: Does anybody else douse everything with hotsauce and eat lots of peppers? [Re: CrossingTheStar]
    #15457831 - 12/03/11 06:31 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I fucking love wasabi too, I love that nasal heat that wasabi, hot mustard, and horseradish have...unfortunately did you know that almost all wasabi you'll find in america, even in legit sushi restaurants, isn't actual wasabi but just ground horseradish with green food coloring? apparently the wasabi plant has to grow in a very specific climate and set of circumstances (it has to grow in constantly flowing water or something like that for one) and this one small area of japan is one of the few places that meet the criteria.

I was so pissed when i found this out, that i and the american public have been lied to and have most likely never had true wasabi.

--------------------

OfflineWakeboardrB
Pepe Silvia
Male

Re: Does anybody else douse everything with hotsauce and eat lots of peppers? [Re: CrossingTheStar]
    #15457949 - 12/03/11 07:35 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

CrossingTheStar said:
I love the spicy.
Especially wasabi, a pea sized amount of that shit will be like a flamethrower through your nose to your brain for 10 seconds. Never snorted it before,

Steve-O style. I'm sure the people that owned that nice Sushi shop didn't appreciate him puking all over the place in their fine establishment.

--------------------
Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

Invisiblemuistrue
Inspired by the mystery
 User Gallery

Loc: Behind the Redwoods
Re: Does anybody else douse everything with hotsauce and eat lots of peppers? [Re: The Influence]
    #15459473 - 12/03/11 02:44 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

The Influence said:
Just out of curiosity what do you used hot peanut butter for?

I use it in my Thai food dishes. Mix a little coconut milk in there too.

--------------------

OfflineThe Influence
Free Sheeks
Male User Gallery

Loc: Not Wisconsin
Re: Does anybody else douse everything with hotsauce and eat lots of peppers? [Re: muistrue]
    #15459495 - 12/03/11 02:50 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

FractalDust said:
Quote:

The Influence said:
Just out of curiosity what do you used hot peanut butter for?

I use it in my Thai food dishes. Mix a little coconut milk in there too.

You should post some recipes in the cooking forum. I don't know if you have heard of Wisconsin Dells, WI but we get a lot of foreigners for work exchange and I used to work with these thai kids for a couple summers. I got to try alot of good food. Don't know what a lot of it was but it was awesome. I remember they had this chili fish paste that was pretty hot and full of awesomeness as well. If you do post some recipes you should post a link, if not thats cool as well.

Invisiblemuistrue
Inspired by the mystery
 User Gallery

Loc: Behind the Redwoods
    #15459518 - 12/03/11 02:54 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

The Influence said:
You should post some recipes in the cooking forum.

Maybe I will someday but most people around here aren't too fond of vegan food so it would probably be a waste of time.

--------------------

OfflineRonaldFuckingPaul
Our Dear Leader
Male User Gallery

Loc: Straight Outta Compton Flag
    #15459521 - 12/03/11 02:55 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I grow my own jalapenos.  They're much spicier than the stuff at grocery stores and fast food.  Home made poppers FTW.

--------------------

OfflineBlueLightRain
WhoaUnbrokenChain
Male User Gallery

Re: Does anybody else douse everything with hotsauce and eat lots of peppers? [Re: RonaldFuckingPaul]
    #15465879 - 12/04/11 06:32 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah wasabi for the win.

Does anybody else chew raw ginger?

--------------------
mushroomjoe.com - that's me!

OfflineThe Influence
Free Sheeks
Male User Gallery

Re: Does anybody else douse everything with hotsauce and eat lots of peppers? [Re: BlueLightRain]
    #15465936 - 12/04/11 06:40 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

BlueLightRain said:
Yeah wasabi for the win.

Does anybody else chew raw ginger?

Can't say I do, I do make ginger tea and make all kinds of szechuan dishes with it.

OfflinePigasus
D.T.K.L.A.M.F.

Loc: slow death
Re: Does anybody else douse everything with hotsauce and eat lots of peppers? [Re: muistrue] * 1
    #15466238 - 12/04/11 07:28 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

FractalDust said:
Quote:

The Influence said:

Maybe I will someday but most people around here aren't too fond of vegan food so it would probably be a waste of time.

do it do it do it

:vegan:

--------------------

Invisibleopenmind
curious
 User Gallery

Re: Does anybody else douse everything with hotsauce and eat lots of peppers? [Re: BlueLightRain]
    #15466419 - 12/04/11 07:59 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I thoroughly enjoy hot & spicy foods, peppers, sauces, etc...Damn near everything I eat has a fair amount of cayenne pepper added, sriracha, diced up habaneros, or some other sort of source of spicyness. Just enough for added flavor and a strong kick upon the tongue, with out drowning out the flavor of the food I am eating.

My buddy had a bag of Bhut Jolokia (Ghost Peppers), other than the people I dared to eat one, I was the only one that nibbled on them. I actually experience a very euphoric buzz/high for 10 to 20 minutes after eating extremely spicy foods/peppers such as the Bhut Jolokia, if you just ignore the pain it becomes a dull/numb sensation after a while and the euphoric effects are more pronounced than the pain.

For some reason I am the only one in my entire family (both my mom's and dad's side) that can tolerate and actually enjoy spicy foods. When ever I cook meals nobody wants to eat it, I will use such small amounts of cayenne that I can't even taste it, yet everyone is complaining about it being too spicy.

I hear there are some health benefits from spicy foods/capsaicin when used regularly in a diet. Such as an increased rate of metabolism, as well as potential anti-carcinogenic properties.

*and from what I understand, the sinus kicking component that wasabi has is different from capsaicin. Wasabi really isn't spicy, hits ya in the sinuses more than anything.

:stoner:

--------------------

OfflineBothHands
Dog Coffee
Female User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Does anybody else douse everything with hotsauce and eat lots of peppers? [Re: openmind]
    #15466459 - 12/04/11 08:07 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah, the chemicals in Waisabi actually cause cellular damage.  So I wouldn't take that one over the top on a daily basis.  Capsaicin only binds to heat receptors, but it doesn't cause real physical harm.

I absolutely love hot sauce.  I've got a 3 inch Butch T seedling right now.  I can't wait for peppers in the spring.

--------------------
Put America to sleep with warm milk and clichés.

Offlinelagartomandril
Lizard

Loc: Lair
Re: Does anybody else douse everything with hotsauce and eat lots of peppers? [Re: BothHands]
    #15466487 - 12/04/11 08:13 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Absolutely love hot sauces. I consume them on a bidaily basis.

I found that the Chinese have some really hot-ass sauces, I love them, and I never mind to try something new. Wasabi was something different, yet cool, I tried it for the first time this year.

Over time you build up tolerance to this hot shit, I found out from personal experience.

--------------------
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."  ~Philip K. Dick

OfflineBlueLightRain
WhoaUnbrokenChain
Male User Gallery

Re: Does anybody else douse everything with hotsauce and eat lots of peppers? [Re: BothHands]
    #15467406 - 12/04/11 11:33 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

BothHands said:
Yeah, the chemicals in Waisabi actually cause cellular damage.

Please source.

--------------------

OfflineThe Influence
Free Sheeks
Male User Gallery

Re: Does anybody else douse everything with hotsauce and eat lots of peppers? [Re: Pigasus]
    #15468399 - 12/05/11 07:37 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Pigasus said:
Quote:

FractalDust said:
Quote:

The Influence said:

do it do it do it

:vegan:

Well it looks like you got two people who would be interested. And besides do you see how many people are vegan on here? I am not vegan but I would eat food that had no meat that is good. I eat meatless food all the time.

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
    #15468409 - 12/05/11 07:40 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Yah, I am a devoted carnivore but my girlfriend is a vege-saurus.

I eat meatless shit all the time.  She's an excellent cook and I don't even mind.

Although she did make me Chicken Parmesan last night that was wicked amazing.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

OfflineBlueLightRain
WhoaUnbrokenChain
Male User Gallery

Re: Does anybody else douse everything with hotsauce and eat lots of peppers? [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #15468748 - 12/05/11 09:48 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I'd lovingly eat vegan food. I find a lot out there that is incredibly well prepared. Mushrooms for the win.

--------------------

InvisibleScudreloaded
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Wonderland
    #15468782 - 12/05/11 09:58 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

deer is all right. i find it too gamey tasting.
as far as peppers and hot sauce. hellz yeah. i put jalapenos on most everything. ive even thought of getting a jalapeno tattooed on me. odd i know but oh well.
after too many days in a row of eating jalapanoes i do get some acid refllux and heart burn and thats when i know its time to dial it back on the peppers.
they make me gasey too a little but oh well.. its the price i pay for their spice. maybe i should try some gas -x

--------------------
We were somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert when the drugs began to take hold. - Hunter S. Thompson

- believe what you may but take the internet with a grain of salt

OfflineBrugman
antisobrietarian
Male

Loc: the land up over Flag
Re: Does anybody else douse everything with hotsauce and eat lots of peppers? [Re: WakeboardrB]
    #15471561 - 12/05/11 08:30 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

WakeboardrB said:
Steve-O style. I'm sure the people that owned that nice Sushi shop didn't appreciate him puking all over the place in their fine establishment.

LOL I just watched that the other day.. He actually just puked a little bit, onto his own plate.. I'm sure they paid them off. I wouldn't have minded if I were the owner. Plus the free lulz

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale