Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisible5-HT2A
Digital Narcotics May Be the Future of Drugs * 1
    #15440048 - 11/29/11 12:38 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2011/11/digital-narcotic-drugs/

Technologists will become the next drug dealers, administering narcotics through brain stimulation, according to Rohit Talwar, the founder of Fast Future Research, speaking at Intelligence Squared’s If conference.

Talwar was charged by the government to investigate the drugs landscape over the next 20 years, exploring scenarios going beyond the traditional model of gangs producing and shipping drugs around the world.

He described how the world of genomic sequencing and services such as 23 and Me open up possibilities for tailoring drugs to the individual, delivering effects based on your physiology — which could apply just as effectively to narcotics as it could medicines.

He cited research from the University of California, Berkeley where neuroscientists were able to replicate images people were seeing based on the brain patterns of activity. When combined with transcranial magnetic stimulation — which has been used to inhibit brain functions such as the ability to speak or remember — it opens up the possibility of electronically delivering targeted highs.

He said: “You could also visualize the experience and then tailor the effect to what you want. This nano-bio-info-cogno convergence gets us into some very interesting spheres.”

One scenario he imagines would make use of biological proteins manufactured with information-processing technology to deliver effects that could be triggered by electromagnetic stimulation. He imagined that they could be used in a club environment where the DJ would release nanoparticles that the audience could ingest. These could then be used to trigger the desired state at a particular point during his or her set using an electrical stimulus (from a headset) into the crowd’s brains.

“The more we can understand the brain, the more we can deliver positive effects such as improved memory function. Do you want to get high? Mellow? Actually I want to live my life in my head as half-human half-cat,” he joked.

This sort of situation would mean that regulation of these “drugs” would move from trying to stop people from producing them to quality control. This sort of future could eliminate the cartels that control the drugs trade at the moment, because pharmaceutical companies might be able to corner the market and guarantee the quality of the experiences.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSeriously_Spaced
Psychedelic Lover
Male User Gallery

Loc: California,United States ... Flag
Re: Digital Narcotics May Be the Future of Drugs [Re: 5-HT2A] * 1
    #15440170 - 11/29/11 01:17 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

If this is even viable for a futurist drug culture would it be aloud by the  government.I mean if micro particles can change your  brain chemistry so  much as to simulate any drug,then wouldnt that leave room for other not so noble types of usage of the particles as in biochemical warfare?

--------------------
All you need is love:heart:

I believe in everything until it's disproved. So I believe in fairies, the myths, dragons. It all exists, even if it's in your mind. Who's to say that dreams and nightmares aren't as real as the here and now?-John Lennon

I'm not going to change the way I look or the way I feel to conform to anything. I've always been a freak. So I've been a freak all my life and I have to live with that, you know. I'm one of those people.
-John Lennon

Life is like a dang old rubix cube you get one side right you mess up the other-Boomhauer
To do list-Ketamine:specialk:, Mushrooms:heart:,LSD:awecid::,Salvia:rocket:,DMT,DXM:crazy2:,Cocaine:rail2:,2c-e:pipesmoke:,Molly:rave:,E:heart:,MXE, 4-Aco-DMT, 25inbome:heart:,6-APB and    5-meo-dalt

InvisibleScudreloaded
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Wonderland
Re: Digital Narcotics May Be the Future of Drugs [Re: Seriously_Spaced]
    #15440259 - 11/29/11 01:38 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

so it'd be
snort this line of tiny micro-robots who will fuck you up.
are we getting closer to the matrix i wonder? that seems more viable to me. plugging an ethernet cable into our necks or somethin

--------------------
We were somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert when the drugs began to take hold. - Hunter S. Thompson

- believe what you may but take the internet with a grain of salt

OfflineDZ74
Stranger

#15440260 - 11/29/11 01:39 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Yo even though it sounds like a cool idea, BUT that's not cool, the government working on further manipulation of the masses, they already done it but now they taking a step further too far!
Fuck that, give me my natural herbal remedy.

--------------------

OfflineSeriously_Spaced
Psychedelic Lover
Male User Gallery

Loc: California,United States ... Flag
Re: Digital Narcotics May Be the Future of Drugs [Re: DZ74]
    #15440279 - 11/29/11 01:45 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

DZ74 said:
Yo even though it sounds like a cool idea, BUT that's not cool, the government working on further manipulation of the masses, they already done it but now they taking a step further too far!
Fuck that, give me my natural herbal remedy.

Exactly this breeches rec drug use and could possibly fall under the category of mind control if they programmed it to do what they wanted you to do.Ill stick with the herb that I grow

--------------------
All you need is love:heart:

I believe in everything until it's disproved. So I believe in fairies, the myths, dragons. It all exists, even if it's in your mind. Who's to say that dreams and nightmares aren't as real as the here and now?-John Lennon

I'm not going to change the way I look or the way I feel to conform to anything. I've always been a freak. So I've been a freak all my life and I have to live with that, you know. I'm one of those people.
-John Lennon

Life is like a dang old rubix cube you get one side right you mess up the other-Boomhauer
To do list-Ketamine:specialk:, Mushrooms:heart:,LSD:awecid::,Salvia:rocket:,DMT,DXM:crazy2:,Cocaine:rail2:,2c-e:pipesmoke:,Molly:rave:,E:heart:,MXE, 4-Aco-DMT, 25inbome:heart:,6-APB and    5-meo-dalt

OfflineTcm19277
Etheromaniac
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Korova Milk Bar Flag
    #15440313 - 11/29/11 01:54 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

thats scary... :tinfoil:

--------------------
I'M NOT DEAD YET!!!

Tcm's Step by Step Guide to Making Poppy Pod Extract 'Opium' & Laudanum, Full With Lots of Pictures!
:pod::snowman::snowman::pod:

“I'll stick to my needle, my favourite waste of time,
both spineless and sublime;
Since I was born, I started to decay.
Now nothing ever - ever goes my way.”

- Brian Molko, of 'Placebo' -

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: Digital Narcotics May Be the Future of Drugs [Re: Tcm19277]
    #15440338 - 11/29/11 02:03 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Electronically delivered targeted highs wouldn't show up in piss tests.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

InvisibleScudreloaded
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

#15440340 - 11/29/11 02:03 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

it is a spooky thought
nobody snort the microbots

--------------------
We were somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert when the drugs began to take hold. - Hunter S. Thompson

InvisibleHesy-Ra
Marvin The Martian

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Mars
    #15440352 - 11/29/11 02:05 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Protect yourselves

--------------------
"We must capture a live earthling, K-9, and take him back with us to Mars. Isn't that a nice assignment? Hm?"

OfflineLed Zeppelin
Tripper

Re: Digital Narcotics May Be the Future of Drugs [Re: Hesy-Ra]
    #15440413 - 11/29/11 02:20 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

this is so cool but so scary at the same time. if there was a good system in place we could have endless amounts of crazy awesome new drugs but mind control scenario is what I see here

InvisibleScudreloaded
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Re: Digital Narcotics May Be the Future of Drugs [Re: Led Zeppelin]
    #15440422 - 11/29/11 02:21 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

that sounds like an oxymoron
a good system

--------------------

InvisibleRealEyes
Untitled
Male

Loc: Timbuctu, U.S.
Re: Digital Narcotics May Be the Future of Drugs [Re: Scudreloaded]
    #15440492 - 11/29/11 02:38 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

People worry too much about electronic advancements. It's the fear they embed into your heads with movies and television. One EMP would stop all the electrical devices in the area. There is always something there to balance everything. If you let your mind get controlled, it's probably because you never had control of it in the first place.

--------------------
Real Eyes Realize Real Lies

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it." -Siddhartha

OfflineDZ74
Stranger

Re: Digital Narcotics May Be the Future of Drugs [Re: RealEyes]
    #15440611 - 11/29/11 03:04 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

RealEyes said:
People worry too much about electronic advancements. It's the fear they embed into your heads with movies and television. One EMP would stop all the electrical devices in the area. There is always something there to balance everything. If you let your mind get controlled, it's probably because you never had control of it in the first place.

They make the movies with all cliche and full of masonic references, yes it is true that media is used for manipulation as well. But c'mon? You don't think this is fishy? They are already implanting tracking device chips in dogs and cats. That's not cool...nor is it natural for a dog to have a fucking chip inside it.
There's a deeper scheme to what's going on. Don't y'all see what's going on? Here's a small list
-----------------------------------------
Degradation of Woman
Promotion of Homosexuality
Economic system based on Legal Slavery of the Common Population
Almost all processed food and Pharmaceuticals that kill us
Worship of technology in the last 30 or so years while media manipulation is reinforcing these ideas that this is normal and it's ok.

There's more to the list but I feel like these are the main points.

Sidenot:
Being unhigh sucks -.- lol

--------------------

InvisibleScudreloaded
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

#15440649 - 11/29/11 03:12 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

but whats ok and right and wrong are completely based on perception.
some would say that this preception goes as far as what "the man" wants us to believe....
there probably is something greater controling the government and promoting the odd mind control that exists and wants it further.
but like i told my buddy last week
i sorta doubt it's some weird alien race that i feel you pulled out of your ass

--------------------

OfflineConstantine
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I'm a teapot

Loc: Flag
Re: Digital Narcotics May Be the Future of Drugs [Re: Scudreloaded]
    #15440944 - 11/29/11 04:33 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Nothing will ever top a good old J I'm telling you :stoned:

--------------------

OfflineStatuesCryBleeding
Mycology Enthusiast

Loc: The Great White North Flag
Re: Digital Narcotics May Be the Future of Drugs [Re: RealEyes]
    #15441353 - 11/29/11 06:06 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

RealEyes said:

Cute. Play too much CoD do we? You do realize there are things called Faraday cages, right?

Sardonic humor aside, doesen't this take away from most of the goverment arguments against why drugs are bad? If it's in your brain, than it's a one time investment, so addiction is irrelevant. Also, if it's modus operandi is simply the electrical stimulation of nerual recpetors, then the ''destroying your health'' argument is also moot. As is the fact that somehow kids could get a easily get a hold of it.

I see this as a good thing. Imagine having all of your favorite drugs for next to nothing, activated with but a push of a button. You could weave in and out of sobriety in an instant, as the situation calls (I'd be high as fuck in the subway or when waiting around, then sober as a rock for work.) I'm sure by targetting exact locations, one could negate many of the nagitive side effects too. Brave new world, here I come. *pass me the soma*

OfflineDZ74
Stranger

Re: Digital Narcotics May Be the Future of Drugs [Re: StatuesCryBleeding]
    #15441521 - 11/29/11 06:35 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

The government don't give a fuck, our government is crooked.
Look at the history of Rome, compare it to now, then you'll see why the US Government is working so hard to maintain control of the masses.

US = Modern Day Rome.

--------------------

InvisibleWise Toad
 User Gallery

#15441669 - 11/29/11 07:02 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Soon people will see that the line between realty and fantasy is not indelible, we just need to break a few more borders to get there

Once those who call themselves leaders start experimenting with drugs this bullshit should come to a halt

technology will both enslave us and set us free, make us weak and strong

If we can hold on long enough

Otherwise it will start over again and again until we make it interstellar, who the fuck's gonna fight over land when the expanse is seen to be truly infinite

Just one step closer to accomplishing my lifelong dream, dreaming for a thousands of years straight; of course that will all be a lucid dream as the only time I will really be there is when I am lucid, Lucid dreams give you control of not only what altered states the mind is in, the way these digital drugs would, but will also allow me to shape logic as I please

OfflinePsilocybinMike
T.F.Y.Q.A
Male User Gallery

Re: Digital Narcotics May Be the Future of Drugs [Re: 5-HT2A]
    #15442398 - 11/29/11 09:37 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I'm down. Hope it's not lame like iDoser.

--------------------

baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVZBTAYm3rw

OfflineMr. Saturn
Stranger

Re: Digital Narcotics May Be the Future of Drugs [Re: Wise Toad]
    #15442402 - 11/29/11 09:39 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Nano-particles?

What if we all have electronic components inside of us already and have no clue.

Little machines that build slowly overtime, you can have your fucking city water.

Oh don't worry you, I have my nano-filtration system from sharper image.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale