Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinesoylent_green
The greatEnitsuj
Female

Loc: Ontario
please stop
    #1543129 - 05/12/03 09:02 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

sometimes i feel as if i think way too much.
usualy happens when i'm at work, really bored.
i'll just start thinking about everything thats going on in my life, with all my friends and stuff.
and then i'll start in on 'what if this person dose this, than that person dose that'
and i make up all these huge scenarios
and i start to get really upset, or pissed off about them, and i'll start to get mad at other people, when they haven't even done anything at all. and i have to wate a couple days till i can talk to certian people, cause i'll just end up being all pissie twards them, even thou they haven't even done anyrthing.
the only thing i've ever found that calms me down, is to smoke some weed.
but it's not as if i can just excuse myself from work to get high...

is this normal? dose anyone else ever do it? do you know any way to stop it?

--------------------
What fun is it in Nirvana while other beings are suffering?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: please stop [Re: soylent_green]
    #1543302 - 05/12/03 09:54 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Many moons ago when I was still in high school I had really bad insomnia because I couldn't stop thinking when I was trying to get to sleep. I was lucky and had a very cool martial arts instructor. He introduced me to a friend of his that was a bhodhisattva (somebody that forgoes nirvana to help others find their way). Long story shot, I learned how to meditate and it worked wonders. Some 15 years later I still meditate every night before I go to bed and have not had insomnia since.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Offlinesoylent_green
The greatEnitsuj
Female

Loc: Ontario
Re: please stop [Re: Seuss]
    #1543414 - 05/12/03 10:30 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

yeah i meditate a couple times a week, it's just it always happens at times whear i dont' really have a choice but to keep on thinking

--------------------
What fun is it in Nirvana while other beings are suffering?

OfflineGrowingVines
Slowly Changinginto a Tree
Loc: GA
    #1543497 - 05/12/03 10:49 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Soylent Green, I know exactly how you feel. I do the same when i'm by my self. I always tend to become upset or depressed. Sometimes it help to just take a break from your friends. Get away or something. Take a breather

--------------------
Peace out my brothers, for everyone has a bit of insanity in them

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
    #1543802 - 05/13/03 12:09 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Do something you would never dream of. Step into the unknown. Let go.

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

OfflineSole_Worthy
Stranger

Loc: over here
    #1547934 - 05/14/03 11:07 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Hey man,

I know exactly what you mean. Sometimes I'll walk around my house for hours absorbed into thought. I just walk back and forth from room to room or round and round a room.  I even find myself in the kitchen sometimes when I was at my PC chatting to someone.  I think it may be linked to OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder) in some way, because the thoughts I have I really can't help thinking of. Theres a drive behind them If you get what I mean, It feels good to think but at the same time It makes me feel like shit.

Ill come up with mad scenarios and play them over and over in my head.  I never reach the end of the scenario before I start it over again, but this time a little different.  I really wind myself up sometimes because I think about people who have done wrong to me, and how Id take revenge in the perfect setting.

At the last place I worked I spent almost the whole shift thinking one of these scenarios, at the end of it id feel like uter shit.

Ill be sitting here and then suddenly I'm sanding up and about to walk, absorbed into one of these, then I'll take control and say "woh, hold on man, chill out"

Anyway, hope this makes scene dude :tongue:

--------------------
get it all together get like birds of a feather

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Canada ...
    #1554408 - 05/16/03 03:02 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

yeah i meditate a couple times a week, it's just it always happens at times whear i dont' really have a choice but to keep on thinking 

I've struggled with this most of my life, but I've learned how to quell this thinking considerably. Meditation has taught me to be sparing with my thoughts. I've discovered that I tend to think (and overthink) to protect myself from the feelings that would arise if my mind wasn't already busy with that scenario-torture habit. In other words, when I'm thinking/analyzing/judging, I'm not feeling and perceiving the world around me. This is a good thing in that I successfully avoid the bad feelings that may or may not arise, but it is a bad thing in that I really miss out on the world.

The truth is when you are thinking like that, you simply aren't present for all of the moments that make up life. You seldom realize the beauty of the moment because you aren't paying attention to it.

The truth is you DO have a choice. The thinking seems automatic, but that's only because you are used to perpetuating those trains of thought with more analysis. It's nothing more than a bad habit. I've been trying to (and succeeding in) replacing the habit of 'scenario analysis' with the habit of mindfulness. Mindfulness is just making a constant effort to notice, through your five senses, the world around you. Always be concentrating on the sights, sounds, smells and feelings that comprise the present moment.

In doing this, I've realized that all that thought was just a waste of time. Utterly useless. I'm now very sparing with my thoughts. I try to only think of something if I'm doing it deliberately. Your attention is probably the most valuable type of energy at your disposal, and it is so easy to squander it on useless thinking. Whenever I catch my mind caught up in something like that, I just calmly drop it, and return my attention to what is happening in the moment.

It's really a choice between observing the world and analyzing it.

If you're sick of that habit, like I am, have I got a book for you. Wherever You Go, There You Are by Jon Kabat-Zinn. It's about the technique of mindfulness.

Here are some excerpts, including the entire intoduction and a few chapters.

Just remember, you DO have a choice. 

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains