Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleRudiger420
Rudiger420
Any tips on growing outdoors?
    #1539688 - 05/11/03 06:45 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Have any good outdoor teks. I couldn't find many. Any outdoor tips maybe you have? I was thinking about putting a terrium (sp.) the perlite method with holes on the sides to help air flow outside in the woods. Then I would cover with camo. Do you think this would work? Thanks for the info

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleRudiger420
Rudiger420
Re: Any tips on growing outdoors? [Re: Rudiger420]
    #1541801 - 05/12/03 01:09 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

So I'm taking it none of you grow outdoors?

Invisibledog
straw dog

Loc: Route 66
    #1541818 - 05/12/03 01:12 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Do a forum search for Moe Howard.

--------------------

Fascism (fash'izem) n. A governmental system marked by a centralized dictatorship, stringent socioeconomic controls, and often belligerent nationalism. see also: the Bush Administration.

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
Re: Any tips on growing outdoors? [Re: dog]
    #1542182 - 05/12/03 03:42 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Moe's tek is great. The galpal just started her first outdoor bed yesterday...She wrote her procedure in a Growlog...You'll be able to find it. Last night I did a google search for "outdoor cubensis cultivation" i believe, and the first page that came up had a great tek. Moe's tek is great too. Basically all you need is colonized substrate, around 5x the amount of straw and hay, water, and a secluded place.

I would avoid what you have planned. Let mother nature do her work, and she will kick your ass at cultivation. No sterile techniques, or precautions of any form need to be taken.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
    #1542271 - 05/12/03 04:10 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

moes tek works great, but he over exagerates how much shrooms it produces. instead of topping it off with poop, straw, dirt mix, try having the top layer be 50/50 peat moss/veggie compost, that works alot better for me, be sure to ph balance the peat first. make sure you pick a good shady spot where people wont be trampeling around.

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

OfflineBladeLSD
Squirrel Master

Re: Any tips on growing outdoors? [Re: Psychoslut]
    #1542330 - 05/12/03 04:33 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Hmmm, I dont know about that 50/50 casing adds little to no nutrients to the patch, Just go with moes tek it worked great for afoaf =).

--------------------
We might get glimpse's of objectivity every now, and then, but we're so inherently locked in our temporal and corporeal selves that we're irrevocably locked into subjectivity :crazy:

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

#1542351 - 05/12/03 04:49 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I dont understand why you would use a nonnutritious casing layer rather than dung and straw, and difference between the two can be seen in the grow log forums..just look at a 50/50 casing's fruits and compare it with a dung or straw casing.
Im not so sure how PH balancing comes into play either...Things are handled by Mother nature, You shouldnt have to mettle with her territory.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
Re: Any tips on growing outdoors? [Re: BladeLSD]
    #1542353 - 05/12/03 04:50 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

im not talking about 50/50 peat verm, i sayed 50% veggie compost 50% peat, it adds hella nutrients, and it did work better then the poop, straw, dirt mix, it produced at least half again more shrooms.

--------------------

Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

#1542386 - 05/12/03 05:01 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Hmm, id like to hear some more opinions on this...Anyone?

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
Re: Any tips on growing outdoors? [Re: PDU]
    #1542393 - 05/12/03 05:03 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

i think maybe the peat and compost worked better cause it kept moist better, and the one i did exactly the way moe said got a lil dry.

--------------------

Offlinesancho
mexican
 User Gallery

Loc: 20 floors below sea level...
    #1542451 - 05/12/03 05:17 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

my dog has 12 jars. he was going to use them for indoor cultivation, but then remembered hes going to be in guatemala (sp?) right around the time they need to be cased. anywho, hes thinking of using the outdoor tek. the only problem is that each jar (filled with grain) isent completely colonized. about half way. hes going to be using moes tek. should the half-way colonization be any problem? thanks  :grin:

--------------------
Drugs may be the road to nowhere, but at least they're the scenic route.

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Re: Any tips on growing outdoors? [Re: sancho]
    #1542462 - 05/12/03 05:20 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I dont think half colonization should be a problem. My galpals spawn had some small uncolonized portions in her grain. If the sections are large, scrape them out.

Interesting psychoslut. The galpal may Case her dung with peat, if its drying too fast.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
Re: Any tips on growing outdoors? [Re: sancho]
    #1542542 - 05/12/03 05:37 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

the only problem i can see is the uncolonized part rotting, but it sould work. since yur gonna be gone you should have a trustable freind go and pick the flushes, and water it if need be. i had a really big snail and squirrel problem when i used colonized popcorn to spawn my bed, the squirrels was digging for popcorn and the snails was eating mycellium, so i got one of those fake plastic hawks to scare the squirrel, and slug bait of course for the slugs, its been all gravy since then.

--------------------

OfflineTrippy Hippy
The great whitehunter
Loc: SouthEast
    #1559878 - 05/19/03 11:36 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Hey man, i've thought this through and if you live in an area with relatively low humidity, just get you some clear plastic a few sticks and make a half ass green house. just stab the sticks all over your bed to keep the plastic off the patch, probably about 1 foot tall. then on the corners just put something to keep the wind from catching it. simple yet effective.

Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Over There
Re: Any tips on growing outdoors? [Re: Trippy Hippy]
    #1560103 - 05/19/03 01:15 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I've been perfecting what I call the Modified Outdoor Tek. It was conceived out of necessity. I wanted to implement Moe's outdoor tek but was immediately foiled by the ground I had to work with. Dig more than 2" and you find that I'm actually on a dirt covered riverbed and there are fist-sized rocks literally everywhere as far down as you wanna go. This meant that I'd have to grow above ground. I started with pre-colonized WBS bins jus like I would case/patch/birth indoors. The colonized wbs/poo/straw is dumped out of the bins much like eatyualive's flatcake tek. The growing area is a pine wood mulch bed. Very old mulch. The "cakes" are set in the mulch and more mulch is used to pile up around and over the "cakes". This creates a casing of sorts. I have followed up with coir/verm top casings. Salt barriers were set around each "cake" to ward off slugs. A frame was made from PVC pipe and fittings and a tarp slung over it and secured with tent pegs to maintain humidity and protect from the elements (namely rain washing the salt away). This works beautifully. I'm working on perfecting this by making an area specifically for this (to get out of my mulch beds). I plan to clear thea area which is choked a foot deep with years worth of fallen leaves. Once that is cleared (most likely leaving bare earth) I'll sprinkle lime and straw to prevent weed growth and then move loads of old mulch (laying new mulch in my beds) into the area. The next step in the plan involves building a automated setup much like the veggie misters in grocery stores. This would be easily integrated into the pvc frame. I'm currently working some figures to determine if it is easier to control the mistings with an rH sensor (expensive and somewhat unreliable) or a moisture meter buried in the casing. I'm also working on a temperature controlled servo system to raise an tower the "tent" sides to maintain a fairly even temperature. Once I have the real deal in operation I'll showcase it in the growlog forum. In the meantime there's some food for thought.

Offlinesmith
Team B+
Loc: Michigan
Re: Any tips on growing outdoors? [Re: debianlinux]
    #1560702 - 05/19/03 04:25 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

to avoid the slug problem one could do his outdoor tek in a kids swim-pool, they make them all sizes and it might hold humidity a little better too.

Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Any tips on growing outdoors? [Re: smith]
    #1560894 - 05/19/03 05:31 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

what attempts i have made trying to grow in any type of bin ranging from 10qt bins to ends of 55gal drums with holes drilled in the "bottom" is a unanimous green army. simply removing the apparently water holding plastic and using organic methods of water retention made the appearance of any contamination decrease to 0.

InvisibleLTBOOMER
Harpua
Loc: Lietuva
Re: Any tips on growing outdoors? [Re: debianlinux]
    #1561065 - 05/19/03 06:29 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Will the tek work with strait compost and no straw?

--------------------
NOTICE: THIS POST IS A WORK OF FICTION AND IS FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY

"I wanna remember to remember to forget you forgot me"

Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Any tips on growing outdoors? [Re: LTBOOMER]
    #1561135 - 05/19/03 06:57 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

i don't see why the tek would not work with any brick of mycelium regardless of substrate. i cannot say for sure that it would work because I haven't tried it.

Anonymous

Post deleted by Papaver [Re: Rudiger420]
    #1574736 - 05/24/03 03:07 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order