Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineshroombucket
shroomer
Loc: DMTrees
temperature question
    #1542343 - 05/12/03 04:47 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

my room is usually at a constant 65-75F. is this a decent temperature for incubation? also how long is a good time to pc the substrate jars? i cooked my first 6 them for about 1 hr at 10 psi. is this ok?

--------------------
Everything I say is just a figment of my twisted imagination.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
Re: temperature question [Re: shroombucket]
    #1542361 - 05/12/03 04:54 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

yur jars will grow at that temp but it will take hella long. as for pc time it all depends on what yur pcing, pf jars only need 15 psi for 20 mins.

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

Invisibledog
straw dog

Loc: Route 66
    #1542362 - 05/12/03 04:54 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

That will work, but if you incubate in the low to mid 80's you'll see much faster colonization.

Your sterilization time is ok.

--------------------

Fascism (fash'izem) n. A governmental system marked by a centralized dictatorship, stringent socioeconomic controls, and often belligerent nationalism. see also: the Bush Administration.

Offlineapuffball
The omniscientfool

Loc: wherever i go
    #1542365 - 05/12/03 04:55 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

temp is a lil low but it will still incubate, u mite have problems getting it fruit easily and it will take longer, and are u using pf tek with the brf and verm? if so it should be fine

--------------------
Are things meant to happen, or are we meant to make things happen?

Offlineapuffball
The omniscientfool

Loc: wherever i go
Re: temperature question [Re: apuffball]
    #1542376 - 05/12/03 04:57 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Damn i type slow, y'all beat me???

--------------------
Are things meant to happen, or are we meant to make things happen?

Offlineshroombucket
shroomer
Loc: DMTrees
    #1542378 - 05/12/03 04:57 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

yeah im using pf tek.....

--------------------
Everything I say is just a figment of my twisted imagination.

OfflineBleedingSickness
Friend OfAttention Whore
Loc: Northern USA
    #1542402 - 05/12/03 05:05 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Yes it will work fine but I gurantee your incubation period will be longer, when bob didn't have an incubation chamber and grew his shrooms at 60 degrees the incubation period was over double what it should have been and two of bob's jars were lost to contams because it took so long for the to colonize.

80-85 degrees good VERY GOOD faster growth stable growing conditions cakes are possible in three weeks maybe sooner less time for incubation equals less time for contams to set in

60-79 degrees slow growth with a few jars that might grow faster then others, depending on your strain Bob has noticed that PR grows alright at a slightly lower temp but it must remain steady and below 70 is still pretty low, more time equals alot more time for contams to set in!!!!!!!! Your jar can get to the point of being almost totally colonized and then bam SHIT SHIT SHIT what's that green stuff I see at the top of the jar.

"Bobs recommendations"
If you are going to grow em in those kind of conditions wash your hands before ever touching them, each time you go to check on your jars, HAVE PATIENCE they don't grow overnight but you will see white patches in 5-10 days in the coldness perhaps 10-15 days. After about 30 days assuming you keep em in those cold conditions Bob suggests unscrewing the lids of the jars but not taking off the top and looking around the ring of the jars to make sure no contams are sleeking their way down into your shit. Then put the lids back on only do this in a sterile enviroment build yourself a glove box..........Bob has successfuly saved one cake after contams set in others said it couldn't be done but it was "Bob says the flush was sort of small, and not worth the effort put into saving the bastard" and if you even suspect one cake has fallen victim isolate it in a zip-lock bag and GO FOR IT

BEST of luck
Bleeding SIckness

OfflineJameZTheNewbie
The Mahatma OfZalu

Loc: pass the gates of hell 2 ...
Re: temperature question [Re: BleedingSickness]
    #1542412 - 05/12/03 05:08 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

yea wut they all said hehe

--------------------
Mice have feelings

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags