Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Brown Rice Flour, Gypsum, Laminar Flow Hood, Pressure Cooker, Rye Grain, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Anonymous

Re: Wish me luck guys...
    #15423 - 05/03/00 03:02 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Growing for 3 years? What kind, this is a pretty basic question. Anyhow, What do you mean my "whole grain" wheat, rye, rice? If you haven't bought your substrate, I would reccomend Penningtons finch food at walmart (if you live in the states). I use 2:1 seed:verm for the substrate, add necessary amount of water and cap w/ filter disc, band, and aluminum foil. Pressure cook at 15psi for about 1 1/2hr for qts or 3hrs for 1/2 gal jars. (I know many think this is a little too long, but it works for me) Shake as soon as you can once out of the cooker, this will help with future shaking and distribute any excess moisture (if you have serious clumping problems 1-2 grams of gypsum will fix this and add nutrients to aid in mushroom metabolism.) Allow to cool COMPLETELY and using your flow hood or glove box (I am assuming you have one since you have done this so long) barely open lid and inject 2-5 cc of spore water or drop in agar wedge. Wait 3 or so days before shaking the first time. You should see a little growth. I like to shake at 3,6,and 9 days unless growth is unusually slow then just use your judgment. Once jars are colonized, I will place in tray, over moist verm and cover for a couple of days to allow for recovery time. This done case with Jiffy-Mix also from walmart, moist but not "wet" and spritz untill you seed pins forming. You should be familiar with the other smaller steps. Hope this helps and answers your question. Jars in pic are (L-R) 9,6,and 3 day old.

------------------
-ChesterCopperpott-

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Anonymous

Re: Wish me luck guys...
    #15425 - 05/05/00 10:54 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Now see, I was very fortunate when I started growing, a friend who had cared nothing about growing, somehow owned the book and then gave it to me. (MMGG) I used a inbetween method, (used to use agar) a couple drops of soluttion, and then shake. and so on. But, I use whole grain brown rice, I tried 2 batches of PF's cakes thingy, but growth completly ceased after 4 days.. In all 12 jars.. Is half pints to small? Always used quart jars.. Im trying half pint for the size and conveniece of pressure cooking 6-7 jars at one time....
Thanks Copper!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Brown Rice Flour, Gypsum, Laminar Flow Hood, Pressure Cooker, Rye Grain, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation