Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Post deleted by Papaver
    #1541207 - 05/12/03 08:49 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
Re: Mooore Hunting Pics from DE, USA [Re: ]
    #1541284 - 05/12/03 09:23 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Your cup fungus is Peziza vesiculosa.

From the new photos:

#1 we need a spore print for.
#2 looks like Collybia.
#3 we need a spore print.
#4 looks like Collybia, possibly Collybia butyracea. Were any parts of the mushroom slimy or sticky when fresh and moist?
#5 looks like Tricholomopsis platyphylla. Does it have small rootlike bits coming out of the base of the stem?

You should get spore prints on all of them to help verify IDs. The photos aren't bad, but they're low resolution and a touch off-focus which makes IDing much more difficult. To help in IDing, you should note the kind of tree near where each collection is made. Finally, take the time to write up a description of each collection. The things asked for in the description are the things you should look at when IDing, and writing them up will get you used to looking at those things.

Happy mushrooming!

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

Anonymous

Post deleted by Papaver [Re: ToxicMan]
    #1541296 - 05/12/03 09:26 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Anonymous

Post deleted by Papaver [Re: ]
    #1541332 - 05/12/03 09:39 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
Re: Mooore Hunting Pics from DE, USA [Re: ]
    #1541931 - 05/12/03 02:09 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

#1 I think is Panaeolus foenisecii.
#2 I think is a Collybia, which means it will have a white (or nearly so) spore print. We need to know details about habitat to guess more accurately (trees it was near). A rough guess is either Collybia dryophila or Collybia butyracea. C. butyracea usually has a buttery/slimy feel to the cap (which is why the name).
#3 I can't quite tell what color that spore print is, other than dark. Could you try to describe the color you see (photos also distort color fairly often). Try to describe it by comparing it to common objects anybody might be familiar with (cinnamon, for example). I doesn't help that the specimen looks like it's dried out and well past its prime. If it's actually fresh and just looks wrinkled like that, let us know - that would be a very important feature for identification.
#4 looks like another Collybia. The same things apply to this one as #2, and it possbily could be the same species.
#5 shows why spore prints are important. That pinkish spore print points the ID to Pluteus cervinus, a species which resembles Tricholomopsis platyphylla pretty closely except for spore print color.

BTW - which ones are "pictures four and five"? I'm using the numbering system you used for the photographs (new1-1, new1-2, new1-3 are all #1; new2-1, new2-2 is #2; and so on).

Happy mushrooming!

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract