Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedizzymystic
beezlebub
Loc: the stinkbug moon
Casing contam prevention
    #1540508 - 05/12/03 12:08 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Ok so afoaf is on his second casing and his first got contaminated with the green stuff and so like this time he PC'd his 50/50 mix and didn't fan at all so that no contams got in his little tuppaware setup...and things were looking fuckin great pins everywhere...but then the godamn green stuff shows up! damnit! how does that stuff get in there? Anyone have any methods of keeping that specific contam out...sorry i don't know the name of it...its the green stuff with a distinct smell...reminds me of rotting oranges...and I've been told adding crushed oyster shell will help can anyone verify this?
Thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineVel
mushroom pimphandler
Re: Casing contam prevention [Re: dizzymystic]
    #1540703 - 05/12/03 01:19 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I dont know but I do know that I'm definately going to invest in a nice terrarium with hepa filter and whatnot to fight that shit off.

Invisiblewoodrow
journeyman
Re: Casing contam prevention [Re: dizzymystic]
    #1540770 - 05/12/03 01:41 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Apparently some contams got into the setup. They could have been mold spores still drifting around from the last bad casing. Mold spores are almost impossible to avoid in any environment but, when they take over a substrate, it usually means the substrate was too wet or it contained too much readily available carbohydrate.
PC'ing the 50/50 mix is not a good tactic because it also kills the bacteria that help fend off the green meanies. Pasteuring the substrate is better. Aging the substrate for a week or two before using helps. Letting the spawn gontinue growing past the fully colonized state also helps. Peroxide is useless against the green stuff and only adds to the moisture problem. Oyster shell should help.
Better luch next time.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck