Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineGringoLoco
I spit in theface of peoplewho ain't cool.
 User Gallery

Loc: Monterey, CA
No family now
    #1540499 - 05/12/03 02:03 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I tried calling my mom on mothers day. It went well enough until we went into my lifes problems. She does not understand that the fact she kept me locked up for 18 years has left me a socially inept person, with no sense of survival. She always gave everything to me on a silver platter, never letting me actually learn how to do basic life skills like cooking and talking to people, no she always handled everything. Did I mention she never let me out of the house? She was too fucking overprotective and now that I got kicked out she wonders why I'm struggling so much. I tried rationally explaining to her that she "clipped my wings before I learned to fly". Then she just says I'm blaming her, and this isn't what she wants. Now she doesn't want me to call her anymore and that she won't call me, just like she did to my brother when she kicked him out.

On the plus side, I think my depression has ended very quickly and suddenly. On the other, I'm just plain pissed now.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Anonymous #1

Re: No family now [Re: GringoLoco]
    #1542253 - 05/12/03 06:03 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

OfflineEarth_Droid
Stranger
Re: No family now [Re: ]
    #1542338 - 05/12/03 06:42 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Well I am one more step ahead of you. No family and no friends, and the sad thing is I don't have any advice to offer you because I havn't found peace. At least I can say, if I still have faith there must be peace somewhere out there. I havn't killed myself yet and am still in pursuit of the Tao. I also have faith you will find answers to someday.

OfflineEarth_Droid
Stranger
Re: No family now [Re: Earth_Droid]
    #1542354 - 05/12/03 06:50 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I did miss one thing though. I should have said a lot of these people on the Shroomery are true friends. I have talked to some on the phone and they are very supportive people. There is nothing wrong with having friends on the internet. When I am depressed though, I generally feel as if I don't have a friend anywhere.

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

Loc: Toronto Canada
Re: No family now [Re: ]
    #1542360 - 05/12/03 06:53 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

And that includes family members.

Indeed it does, my severing all ties with my family many years ago and giving up any concievable "support net" i may have had turned out to be the smartest decision of my life. i too was coddled from an early age,(and really, i think you have to take reponsibility for the fact you CHOSE to be coddled at an early age as opposed to meeting the world head on, i know I did) which only made me totally socially dysfunctional and dependent....but when you have NOTHING and NO one to fall back on you'll be AMAZED at much you can achieve, i had to did down deep for resources i never even realized i had as long as i had a safety cushion :smile: 

--------------------
"Being crazier than a shithouse rat is not sufficient grounds for banishment"

OfflineAislingGheal
A wave on the ocean
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Northern Ohio
Re: No family now [Re: FreakQlibrium]
    #1543518 - 05/13/03 12:52 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

A change of perspective can be helpful, look at this as an opportunity to know yourself and the world better than you did before. FreakQ really hit on something "but when you have NOTHING and NO one to fall back on you'll be AMAZED at much you can achieve, i had to dig down deep for resources i never even realized i had as long as i had a safety cushion.", your life lays ahead of you, you make it what you will.

--------------------

"I hate having to pick between the lesser of two evils. But I'm glad Obama was elected. McCain was another war monger. I'd rather deal with our country going into debt than trying to take on afghanistan...oh wait FUCK!" - Fungus_tao

Invisibledjfrog
omgws!!!1!

#1543849 - 05/13/03 02:18 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I really can't judge how things went down as I didn't hear the conversation, who lead things south and who is not able to bend. But you should really re-evaluate whether or not you want to let your relationship with your mom be severred. It is a very unique one and though I can't say my mother makes a lot of sense to me she does love me unconditionally. I'd be sorry if your relations were already lost but just in case its not, let me say you should do whatever you can to fix things even if it means saying sorry when you aren't or trying to explain why you were wrong even if you weren't. My mom may as well be from another planet and she'll talk on about the most non-sensical things forever. I put up with it because she's cared for me moreso and longer than anyone I've ever known.

OfflineFliquid
Back from being gone.
Male User Gallery

Loc: omotive
    #1544168 - 05/13/03 04:12 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I am a friend.

--------------------
:dancing: My latest music! :yesnod:

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1545468 - 05/13/03 04:35 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Maybe I shouldn't say this, but dude depression usually doesn't just end quickly and suddenly...

Anyway, your mother is right - you're blaming your problems on her. The same shit went on with me, man - they didn't really raise me up, they just supplied me with everything I needed, never really making me realize that I would have to make it on my own eventually...... but you know what? BUMMER. I guess its time to learn.

Maybe if and when you have children you can show your family how to raise a child "correctly?" lol its not as easy as it sounds :wink:

I've stopped blaming my parents for my problems - sure that's where they stemmed from, but should I just lay on the carpet and cry, or fix them?

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineDailyPot
Trip'n Time

Loc: Florida
Re: No family now [Re: Strumpling]
    #1545701 - 05/13/03 05:56 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Maybe I shouldn't say this, but dude depression usually doesn't just end quickly and suddenly...

It can, especially when its caused by a big part of your life. His mom was a big part. I used to be real depressed when my dad was around, I'm so different now. Its like those people that hate their life until they quit their job and realize that thats what they hated :tongue:

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: No family now [Re: DailyPot]
    #1545891 - 05/13/03 06:54 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I don't think that is generally the case with depression

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineDailyPot
Trip'n Time

Loc: Florida
Re: No family now [Re: Strumpling]
    #1546114 - 05/13/03 08:06 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

It doesn't sound like he has depression. It sounds like he just was depressed because on his mom.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being