Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinegriz462
Stranger
a warning
    #1436168 - 04/07/03 12:48 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I can not overstate the importance of having a person with you who can physically keep you from hurting yourself or others while tripping. You never know when something bad can happen.
I had tripped over 200 times on acid or shrooms, and had 95% great trips along with a few of what I thought were bad trips. These included having depressing thoughts, feelings of a paranoia, etc. All of these, I was able to get out of, and found the experiences to be positive in the end. I didn't know how terrrible a bad trip could be until two months ago.
It started out like dozens of times before. My wife and I had my parents take the kids for the night, so that we could enjoy a nice time alone. I ate a 1/4 oz. (this was fairly standard for me to get to the level I enjoyed, and it was part of the same batch i had taken twice before.) My wife only took a gram for a low level experience. The first two hours were really good. My wife and I were experiencing a mind meld, laughing and having a good time. We then decided to watch "Of Mice and Men", one of our favorite movies, one we had watched a half dozen times before when tripping. somewhere in the movie, I lost all touch with reality. My "real" surroundings and wife did not exist anymore, and in a sense I did not exist anymore. I remember everything that I was perceiving during this time, but it was not what was really happening in reality. I had become convinced that I was: every person that had ever lived, god, a demon, LSD, and a mushroom all at once. I saw myself being born, I saw myself dying, I felt the deaths of every person who has ever died, and I felt the actions of everything that has ever been done all at the same time. I felt myself killing, loving, abusing, caring, etc.,etc. I tried to pull myself out of it, and I tried to just roll with it, but I could not stop it. I was terrified.
Meanwhile in reality, according to my wife, I fell of the couch, and was having convulsions on the floor for about a half hour, she was a little scared, but she figured it would pass. Then I stood up proceeding to claim that I was God and that we must die for our transgressions. I then started chanting black and white it's all a spiral ( I probably got this from Tool) for an hour. My wife was still scared, but she still figured I would come out of it. Then, I stopped saying anything at all, stared at her and threw a chair through our glass door. Then I went after my wife and told her it was now time for her and I to die. I punched her twice, and she ran into the bathroom, locked the door and called my brother. I was trying to break down the bathroom door until my brother and his friend came over five minutes later.
At this point, my brother and his friend restrained me, and sat me down, and kept me from getting up. This whole time, I was acting like someone possessed according to everyone who was there. I also soiled my pants at some time in there. This lasted for 7 hours, and I was finally coming back into reality. Needless to say I was surprised to see my brother and his friend there, and I was shocked to see my wife crying. I asked what happened, and they told me. I felt like shit. I have never before hit a woman, and I know that I would have never done it under normal circumstances. Luckily, I hadn't fully connected on my punches, or things could have been a lot worse. ( i am 6'7" and 260 lbs., while my wife is 5'3" and 95 lbs.) still, she had a bruise on her arm and one on her shoulder.i am also glad she called my brother and not the police, because I would probably be sitting in a jail cell right now.
There are still reprecussions from that night. My wife has nightmares about the experience, and for about a month afterwzrs, she was scared to be around me. We started seeing a counselor to work things out, so hopefully these scars will heal with time, but I will always have to live with what happened that night.
This post is not meant to scare any one, I just wanted to let everyone know that there is another side of tripping, that people might not want to believe. So please have someone with you when you trip that can physically stop you from doing things that you otherwise would never in a million years do. Sorry about the length of this post, but I really want to help prevent something like this from happening to other people. It was worse than anything I could have ever possibly imagined.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLiBerAtedCapSter
fungus fanatic
Loc: Uk
Re: a warning [Re: griz462]
    #1436189 - 04/07/03 12:55 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

i think that a lot of people who post on this site say that they prefer not to have sitters, but i agree with you. no matter how experienced you are, or how well you think you know mushrooms...they are always unpredictable and something could happen unexpectedly.

good post griz. i hope people listen to your advice and avoid having experiences such as yours. hope all goes well with you and your wife.

--------------------
"tonight is the definition of the discovery of actual situations and realities that continue to go on, no matter who sees them. Everybody is blind, but i now see" ---first trip documentation...hehe :laugh:

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

#1436400 - 04/07/03 02:07 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

That's a real scary notion know that even the most experienced of trippers can lose their grip on reality and go beserk like you did. The thought will forever be in the back of my mind now. Thanks for the warning and I hope everything works out for you.

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

OfflineFunGuyFan
Stranger

Loc: Hack Hack Cough Cough
    #1436413 - 04/07/03 02:11 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Thanks for sharing. I am sure that was a difficult story to tell. I understand what happened to you. It has never personally happened to me but my husband has wigged on me a few times (only on cid though). It can be pretty traumatic to watch. He never hurt me but he threw me down on the ground once because someone was supposedly after us or something like that. I am sure it was pretty scary to wake up from. It's a strange phenomenon that people soil themselves when this happens. I am truly perplexed by the whole wiggin thing, I would like to read up on it and understand more of what can cause it to occur or how to calm someone down when they are in this state. I do think it can happen to anyone in the wrong circumstances, but would anyone else agree that some people are more prone to it?

--------------------

"Don't touch me while your laughing maniacally"

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
Re: a warning [Re: FunGuyFan]
    #1436669 - 04/07/03 03:46 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I heard of a story like this before- it came from a really nice guy I knew and I couldn't imagine him doing what he said he did. It's pretty messed up.

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

Invisibleno-tone
Enema Bag Jones

Loc: Warm, Moist and Dark
    #1437353 - 04/07/03 07:33 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

This sounds strangely like an anti-drug ad.

Well, lets hope some people learn something from it.

--------------------
Man thinks. God laughs. - Jewish Proverb

Offlinegriz462
Stranger
Re: a warning [Re: no-tone]
    #1437845 - 04/07/03 10:43 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

This was not meant to be an antidrug ad. I just wanted to point out some potential bad things that can happen and to be prepared for them so that if something like this happens to you you do not a)kill someone b)kill yourself, or c)end up in jail. I haven't taken shrooms since this happened, and I'm not sure if I ever will. But I definitely will not write off a substance as bad when it has produced so much insight in my life

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
    #1438201 - 04/08/03 01:40 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Thank you for posting your story. It is always good to give the community a wake-up call regarding the potential dangers of substance use. Although drugs can be a welcome addition to many lifestyles and provide many benefits, they can be unpredictable and have very real risks. Psychotic breaks--though unfortunate--do happen and people who engage in use should realize that there are possible negative consequences. I'm very sorry that you and your wife had to go through such a terrifying experience and hope that you are both well.

Take care

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

OfflineSeeka
Psychotrooper
Loc: Western Hemisphere
Re: a warning [Re: geokills]
    #1440993 - 04/08/03 10:03 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

That's crazy dude. And yeah, I agree with you about sitters. It's just that paranoia though, ya know? :smile:

Take care bro.

Offlineshr00m
junglisT 2 thefUll3st

Re: a warning [Re: Seeka]
    #1540221 - 05/11/03 10:34 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

7 grams is a lot. Even if you shroomed, etc. that much I dont think it would be safe to eat that much. Just my opinion I mean I can be wrong and it can probably happen on lower dosages but 7g's just seems a lot to me.

--------------------
the only constant is change~ life goes on. so theres no point in staying back because you can always catch up. try,hope, and understand!

Offlinegoldenora
Psychonaut inTraining

Re: a warning [Re: shr00m]
    #1543218 - 05/12/03 09:27 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

i dont mean to sound like a dick...

but heres goes... most people dont eat a quarter oz unless their experimenting hardcore or under a supervized enviroment... why would you eat 7grams just for shitz and giggles?? this isnt a wakeup call to the community about drugs, it should be a wakeup call to yourself about being an idiot eating an excessive amount no matter how many times youve done it and putting your family at risk... dude if i had to go and help my brother for eating too much fine... if i had to go because his wife was scared i would beat your ass into a coma... just to help you out of your trance... moron. you got kids dude whats wrong with you?

dick head.

5grams commercial shrooms HEAVY TRIP.. 5 grams home grown HEAVY-ER TRIP... 7grams SWEET HARCORE SHIT.. hitting your wife cause your tripping? makes you an idiot does that excuse every cunt that beats their wife cause their drunk??

--------------------
You are what you eat..

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
Re: a warning [Re: goldenora]
    #1543268 - 05/12/03 09:43 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Goldenora, he mentioned that he was extremely experienced, Much more so than me...ive eaten 7 grams, alone in fact, and many people on these boards have. This was unexpected, he is a tripper, and this caught him off guard, it should serve warning to ALL of us that THIS COULD HAPPEN TO US. Drunks get aggressive, they dont go into trances where they lose sense of self and beat people who they love very much. So would you have prefered he had taken 5 grams? Im sure in smaller people 5 grams could cause such things.. Psychadelics are a largely unstudied area, no one knows what could have caused this, BUT IT CAN HAPPEN. I think is an important post which should sit in the back of all our minds. He didnt expect it, and it could happen to you unexpectedly. It wasnt the dosage which caused it.

(by the way, how do you not mean to sound like a dick but then go on to slander him?)

How about ya think before you post.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Offlinegoldenora
Psychonaut inTraining

Re: a warning [Re: PDU]
    #1543363 - 05/12/03 10:15 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

How about ya think before you post.

you condone sensory loss on shrooms but not on booze?? your an idiot. why dont YOU think before you post...

--------------------
You are what you eat..

Offlinegoldenora
Psychonaut inTraining

#1543368 - 05/12/03 10:17 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

i know he admitted to his mistake which is honorable, but still no justification for making a mistake that could have been avoided if he wouldnt have been greedy.

--------------------
You are what you eat..

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

#1543429 - 05/12/03 10:33 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

No, you dont lose your senses on booze, you become uninhibited and irritable, You dont forget your a human and go into uncontrollable trance like states while drunk . This was a freak thing to happen, greed had nothing to do with it. Many Many of us have ventured into the higher dosage realms, and 7g seems to be on the lower end of the spectrum for some people. He even mentioned that he dosed 7g fairly often, and even twice before from the same batch, How in anyway was this irresponsible? I would say the situation was handled much more responsibly than many people who trip. This could happen to you, or me, and im glad he shared this experience, there was NO REASON to flame.

Also...how did i condone his actions? did i...?

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Offlinegoldenora
Psychonaut inTraining

#1544520 - 05/13/03 08:05 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

all your saying is its OK to eat too much, its not ok to drink too much... i dont see whats so spiritual about watching of mice and men on 7grams... and your right it COULD happen especially to me i have never gone over 6grams and i happen to be 6'1 and 300lbs at about 20% body fat. you wont catch ME on anything over 5grams someplace where i could be hurt or without letting atleast 1 of my friends know "when to worry"...

point being is THIS COULD happen to ME! but i wouldnt end up hurting anyone, because even though i dont venture int0 the spiritual, loss of ego, or anything much higher than a mild level 4 if i take more than 5grams I STAY WITHIN SAFETY. Its called being responsible i have a wife and a daughter drugs arent shit in my life...

if this is a wakeup call wtf is the shroomery.com doing?? the point of the site is to keep ppl safe... heh i knew this could happen you didnt?

--------------------
You are what you eat..

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

#1545657 - 05/13/03 03:41 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I knew it could happen, but its a good remainder for those who get overconfident, and then get caught off guard and get their ass kicked by the mushrooms.

I mean...before i venture into the half oz+ range's i plan on having 2 trip sitters, full bondage straps aswell as a gag...JUST IN CASE. Is that a necessary precaution everyone should have to take? I dont think so. I dont think 7g is too much, i dont think many people do.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Offlineshr00m
junglisT 2 thefUll3st

#1546563 - 05/13/03 08:53 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Yea from what i've read and heard about shrooms. its not the same as when you are drunk. like with shrooms he had no idea he hit his wife.(musta been far out there m0n). but with alcohol. you know kinda what you are doing. things dont hallucinate and shit. like you might see a window but you arent gonna fucking jump out of it unlike when on shrooms.

Some say I shouldnt say anything because I haven't tried shrooms yet. but from what I read I do know that shrooms are totally different then alcohol. I planned on having a level 5 trip and im not a big guy. im around 5'7-8 and weigh around 120. so are u sayin it also depends on how much u weigh and such? or just you don't know much people that could get a hold of u? just a question id like to know.

i think its all about your brain. your mind. can you get your mind together and shit like that.

--------------------
the only constant is change~ life goes on. so theres no point in staying back because you can always catch up. try,hope, and understand!

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Re: a warning [Re: shr00m]
    #1546582 - 05/13/03 08:59 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Weird post. But yeah...even someone who hasnt done shrooms can see the difference between the two.
Yes, dosage does somewhat vary among weigh and your not going to want to trip level 5 first time. I guess its hear nor there.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

OfflineDemiurge
creator ofworlds

Loc: Florida
    #1564544 - 05/20/03 11:02 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

WTF? Goldenora is completely out of line here! Let us all learn from griz's experience. Why do you always get mixed up in some moron's flame PDU? Didn't some fool just chew your head off in the cult forum the other day? I think you need to get yourself some moron repellant. lol!

--------------------
Just another animal embeded in a technological coral reef extruded psychic objects...

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order