Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinezandorf
OTD residentvirginwizard-abstinenceain'teasy

Wo0T! i went to a jerry garcia art show
    #1539605 - 05/11/03 05:58 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

oddly enough, there was a show of jerry garcia's art in southfield, that's just a little north of detroit. it's an odd place to find something like that, detroit has very very little hippie influence these days.

as for the show, i had some mixed feelings. i was kind of disapointed to see that the majority of the pieces were silk screens and were only one of 500 copies or so. there was also a lot of eviddence of jerry actually trying to make money with his art, or of some one doing that, anyway.

two pictures of the same title 'facets I" and "facets II'. they looked pretty similar, sort of fractal patterns. They were appealing and i would have bought either one if i could afford them. but the thing was, facets I was like 7 grand and facets "" was only 1200. there were only 200 copies of facets one and 1,000 copies of facets II. See what i mean? "oh, facets I was a big hit, we better make more copies of the next one".

On the plus side, i didn't really see any that i didn't like. I saw maybe 7 which i would've bought and kept if i'd had the money. The cheapest thing there was $450. it was a painting of jerry done by that one guy in jefferson airplane.

overall i'm very glad i went, it was sort of a way to get to know him a little, looking at his drawings and etchings. Before i went i wasn't even sure if maybe he was the one who drew all that famous GD discography (the grateful dead bears, skeleton with the tophat, space your face etc.) or if it would be something entirely different.

it was the latter, had I not known who the artist thay created these pictures was, I could not have guessed. there were many scene drawn that looked lik they may have been sketched from the perspective of a passing bus window, maybe he drew a lot of them on the road.

--------------------
We live in a world where lemonade is made with artificial flavours and furniture polish is made with all natural lemon.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinekosmic_charlie
Truckin' in style
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep Elem
Re: Wo0T! i went to a jerry garcia art show [Re: zandorf]
    #1539716 - 05/11/03 07:03 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I also saw his art recently. It's great stuff. You can see the thread here if you're interested.

--------------------

Goin' where the water tastes like wine.

Offlinezandorf

Re: Wo0T! i went to a jerry garcia art show [Re: kosmic_charlie]
    #1539805 - 05/11/03 08:08 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

do you know of anywhere i can order prints? i cant afford the actual art...

--------------------
We live in a world where lemonade is made with artificial flavours and furniture polish is made with all natural lemon.

InvisibleAdom
Totally Nude
 User Gallery
Loc: Way Up North
Re: Wo0T! i went to a jerry garcia art show [Re: zandorf]
    #1541424 - 05/12/03 10:20 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

as for the show, i had some mixed feelings. i was kind of disapointed to see that the majority of the pieces were silk screens and were only one of 500 copies or so. there was also a lot of eviddence of jerry actually trying to make money with his art, or of some one doing that, anyway.

That would be his cunt whore ex-wife or wives. They are money hungary bitches.

Invisiblechinacat72
eyes of theworld
 User Gallery

Loc: Terrapin Station
Re: Wo0T! i went to a jerry garcia art show [Re: Adom]
    #1541443 - 05/12/03 10:32 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

That would be Debra koones. The rest of the Dead refer to her as Dark Debra.
Mountain Girl is straight up good people. A Prankster and core person of the scene. She had kids with Jerry and Debra wouldn't give them any of Jerry's money. That was a dark trial. What a fuckin mess. Jerry would have been disgusted.

--------------------
Some rise
Some fall
Some climb
To get to Terrapin!!!

InvisibleAdom
Totally Nude
 User Gallery
Loc: Way Up North
Re: Wo0T! i went to a jerry garcia art show [Re: chinacat72]
    #1541447 - 05/12/03 10:35 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah I heard Debra wouldn't even let Mountain Girl come along to spread Jerry's ashes, even at the request of her daughter.

Offlinezandorf

Re: Wo0T! i went to a jerry garcia art show [Re: Adom]
    #1542541 - 05/12/03 05:37 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

oh, so then tom wolfe changed her name to "Faye" in the electric kool aid acid test?

anyways, does anyone know where i could buy some prints of his art?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order