Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblea social revolt
retired cultivator

Loc: Brooklyn, NYC Flag
Chlorophyllum Molybdites (Poisonous) * 1
    #15386450 - 11/17/11 10:11 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

So I went out mushroom hunting in SW FL the other day, and me and my buddy split up from his other two friends, one who apparently has a "mushroom growhouse"...

Anyways, the effing tards came back with these thinking they were P. Cubensis because of their "color and the veil around the stem"...

Then I realized- like myself, the kid is in college to become a scientist of some sorts, yet he's about to eat a nasty, nasty shroom without even thinking about it...

So that got me thinking... THERES PROBABLY DUMBER PEEPS OUT THERE!

This is for you shroomerites who may be about to make a bad decision!!!

NEVER EAT THIS THINKING ITS CUBENSIS!

Quoted from Wikipedia-

"Chlorophyllum molybdites, which has the common names of false parasol or green-spored parasol is a widespread mushroom. Highly poisonous and producing severe gastrointestinal symptoms of vomiting and diarrhea, it is commonly confused with the shaggy parasol, and is the most commonly consumed poisonous mushroom in North America.[1] Its large imposing appearance and similarity to the edible Parasol mushroom, as well as its habit of growing in areas near human habitation, are reasons cited for this. The nature of the poisoning is predominantly gastrointestinal."

"Chlorophyllum molybdites grows in lawns and parks across eastern North America and California, and subtropical regions around the world.[2] Fruiting bodies generally appear after summer and autumn rains. It has spread to other countries, with reports in Scotland and Australia.

Remember-

*GREEN SPORE PRINT
*NASTY LOOKING CAP
*GROWS ANYWHERE (mostly in grass)
*GROWS OFTEN

Hope everyone stays safe out there!

:goodluck:

--------------------
:legoman:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
Re: Chlorophyllum Molybdites (Poisonous) [Re: a social revolt]
    #15386696 - 11/17/11 11:14 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Your friend wouldn't be anywhere near the first person to eat those while thinking that they've found something active. This particular misidentification is one of the biggest reasons we dislike questions along the lines of "what lookalikes are there for ..." To those with experience, C. molybdites has very little resemblance to P. cubensis, but to some inexperienced people they apparently look alike.

Oddly, there are actually some people who can eat C. molybdites without harm. They state that they're actually pretty good tasting. Unfortunately, the only way I know of to find out which group you're in is to eat some, and the symptoms are so bad that it just isn't worth it.

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

Invisiblenooneman
Male

Loc: Utah
    #15386721 - 11/17/11 11:22 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Nevermind, thought they only caused stomach stuff, apparently they can be fatal. If they only caused stomach trouble it would have been funny to tell him they were cubes for sure, and to eat them right away or they would go bad.
:smilingpuppy:

Edited by nooneman (11/17/11 11:27 PM)

OfflineRhizohunter
myco-nerd
Male

Re: Chlorophyllum Molybdites (Poisonous) [Re: nooneman]
    #15387000 - 11/18/11 01:29 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

nooneman said:
Nevermind, thought they only caused stomach stuff, apparently they can be fatal. If they only caused stomach trouble it would have been funny to tell him they were cubes for sure, and to eat them right away or they would go bad.
:smilingpuppy:

Dude, WTF:

How would hurting a friend/anybody like that be funny.

Posts like yours piss me off.

BTW, that stomach stuff, can be EXTREMELY painful.

I know that you're just trollin, but you don't want newcomers to read this shit and get ideas. You're giving shroomers a bad name!

Invisiblea social revolt
retired cultivator

Re: Chlorophyllum Molybdites (Poisonous) [Re: Rhizohunter]
    #15393078 - 11/19/11 12:09 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah I would never tell someone to even pick these lol stomach shit from bad mushrooms is really bad though, so never do that fo sho.

...unless you can justify it :wink:

--------------------

InvisibleMush 4 Brains
about tree fiddy
Male User Gallery

Loc: Tacos
    #15393091 - 11/19/11 12:15 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Invisiblea social revolt
retired cultivator

Re: Chlorophyllum Molybdites (Poisonous) [Re: Mush 4 Brains]
    #15394345 - 11/19/11 05:43 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Damn! Yeah I see some about that size down here in FL, but they are never shaped like that!

And they grow everywhere, I see hundreds a week! lol

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck