Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleSophistic Radiance
Free sVs!
Female

Loc: Center of the Universe
Re: wtf is with people (giving advice to schizophrenic individuals) [Re: owls]
    #15389847 - 11/18/11 04:51 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

"Crazy" does not mean "stupid." Most brilliant individuals are widely acknowledged to be fucking nuts.

That said, brilliant individuals who are nuts have to work within the confines of other people's understanding, or they're just plain nuts and not brilliant.

--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleowls
just let go!

Loc: dancing Flag
Re: wtf is with people (giving advice to schizophrenic individuals) [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #15389856 - 11/18/11 04:52 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

yep yep exactly. if he's ever able to learn to manage his shit he has brilliant potential

--------------------
i love you

you are beautiful! :rockon:

COME TOGETHER, JOIN THE PARTY!!

"what beith a man if he doth not enjoy cannabis?" :mushroom2:

Free sVs!
Female

#15389860 - 11/18/11 04:52 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Well, he's not going to learn to make sense to people by having them pretend he already makes sense. He just sounds like a headcase. :shrug:

--------------------
Enlil said:

Invisibleifoundwaldo

Loc: Denver, CO Flag
    #15389867 - 11/18/11 04:54 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Muahahahahahaa. This thread is now about Janamil!

:puppet:

DANCE! DANCE!

I'd argue, but Tchan pretty much nailed it. The man is bat shit insane.

--------------------

OfflineApostle
Philanthropist
 User Gallery

Loc: FL Flag
Re: wtf is with people (giving advice to schizophrenic individuals) [Re: ifoundwaldo]
    #15389879 - 11/18/11 04:55 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Name one sane person.

Invisibleowls
just let go!

Re: wtf is with people (giving advice to schizophrenic individuals) [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #15389888 - 11/18/11 04:57 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Tchan909 said:
Well, he's not going to learn to make sense to people by having them pretend he already makes sense. He just sounds like a headcase. :shrug:

how do people learn and grow

--------------------
i love you

Free sVs!
Female

#15389904 - 11/18/11 04:59 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

People "grow" at whatever whatever point the growth fairies emerge from hyperspace to drill a hole in your head while you're sleeping and perform brain surgery.

--------------------
Enlil said:

Invisibleowls
just let go!

#15389910 - 11/18/11 05:00 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

you stopped concentrating

--------------------
i love you

InvisibleSalomon
ಠ︵ಠ balance ಠ_ಠ weaver ಠ‿ಠ
Male
Loc: America, FUCK YEAH Flag
Re: wtf is with people (giving advice to schizophrenic individuals) [Re: Apostle]
    #15389912 - 11/18/11 05:00 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Hologram said:
Name one sane person.

syd barret

--------------------
EVERYTHING EVENTUALLY BECOMES A DESERT

Invisibleifoundwaldo

Loc: Denver, CO Flag
    #15389920 - 11/18/11 05:01 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

owls said:
Quote:

Tchan909 said:

how do people learn and grow

Reading, studying, learning, thinking...

I think Janamil needs a nice healthy dose of human communication.

Knowledge is power. But if it is in a form that is too esoteric to convey to anyone else, it is useless.
People need to understand the solution if they're going to work toward it (e.g. his cure for Aspergers).

--------------------

OfflineApostle
Philanthropist
 User Gallery

Re: wtf is with people (giving advice to schizophrenic individuals) [Re: Salomon]
    #15389936 - 11/18/11 05:03 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Salomon said:
Quote:

Hologram said:
Name one sane person.

syd barret

dam you chose well. :gc:

OfflineRexter
Tripper

Loc: Florida Flag
Re: wtf is with people (giving advice to schizophrenic individuals) [Re: Apostle]
    #15389963 - 11/18/11 05:09 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Hologram said:
Name one sane person.

Quote:

Hologram said:
Name one sane person.

Rexter :shrug: or my real name alias Sean

--------------------
new trade list 
my own WCA V: I

"Ha! Marshall you're so funny man You should be a comedian, god damn!" Unfortunately I am I just hide behind the tears of a clown"

Meteloides said:
Stick to naturally occurring substances! Like Shrooms! And DMT! And Datura! And Amanita Phalloides! And Nutmeg! And Hemlock!
That'll expand the shit out of your DNA.
:ancientaliens:

OfflineApostle
Philanthropist
 User Gallery

Re: wtf is with people (giving advice to schizophrenic individuals) [Re: Rexter]
    #15389986 - 11/18/11 05:13 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Hologram said:
we're all mad.

InvisibleSalomon
Male
Re: wtf is with people (giving advice to schizophrenic individuals) [Re: Apostle] * 1
    #15390001 - 11/18/11 05:16 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Hologram said:
Quote:

Hologram said:
we're all mad.

you mad, bro?

--------------------

OfflineApostle
Philanthropist
 User Gallery

Re: wtf is with people (giving advice to schizophrenic individuals) [Re: Salomon]
    #15390007 - 11/18/11 05:17 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

:gc:

InvisibleSalomon
Male
    #15390021 - 11/18/11 05:19 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

:trollmove:

--------------------

InvisibleEverlong
King of the Neckbeards
Male

Loc: Poconos Flag
    #15390113 - 11/18/11 05:37 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

owls said:
who don't have schizophrenia telling or INSISTING that people with "schizophrenia" DO NOT use any type of hallucinogen NO MATTER WHAT. as if these people have even the slightest clue as to what being schizophrenic is like and how these drugs will actually affect the person. it's fucking obnoxious. it's like just shut the fuck up if you really don't even have a clue as to what you're talking about.

i realize in a lot of instances people are simply trying to help but it really gets fucking annoying when ppl think they know everything about something they've never even experienced

wtf is with people who don't have schizophrenia, hell people who do have it too, telling or INSISTING that people with "schizophrenia" USE hallucinogens. As if these people have even the slightest clue as to how these drugs will actually affect the person. It's fucking obnoxious. It's like just shut the fuck up if you really don't even have a clue as to what you're talking about......

--------------------

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

Re: wtf is with people (giving advice to schizophrenic individuals) [Re: Everlong]
    #15390371 - 11/18/11 06:35 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

owls said:
and what exactly was wrong with janamil? dude is highly intelligent... please, give me a detailed description of why he shouldn't do drugs and what's wrong with him now that you spoke

LOL, that guy really needed to open up some basic physics textbooks before he started proclaiming how he had solved the mysteries of the Universe.

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Invisiblecateyes
 User Gallery

Re: wtf is with people (giving advice to schizophrenic individuals) [Re: deCypher]
    #15391032 - 11/18/11 09:07 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

interesting post guys... i was led here after reading some posts from someone who left a bizzare comment on one of my threads... what exactly is "mild" schizophrenia anyway? anyway... at 33 i was formally diagnosed with adult onset schizoaffective disorder bipolar type... for 7 years, i lived through a fucking hell, moreso from the medications then the illness itself although those symptoms could get very unbearable... i was was on just about every anti-psychotic including clozaril, eleven different anti-depressants from 4 class categories, every mood stabilizer, and every anxiety med, almost all of them taken at maximum doses and i received jack shit relief so anyone who claims someone should take their meds even when they don't work, without having any experience whatsoever should back down, because they have no clue what they're talking about... two of my meds put me in the hospital, one of the, clozaril almost killed me... i was in the hospital for almost 3 weeks with a severe case of agranulocytosis, liver and respiratory issues... for the 6 months i was on clozaril i would constantly complain about the side effects and my numbskull doctor would tell me it's not the clozaril, over and over again... after my hospitalization he placed me back on 8mg of risperdal... it didn't take me long after that to say fuck all of this when a simple diet change and exercise program i implimented completely eliminated all of my depression, mania and anxiety in a matter of three months so i stopped taking the anti-depressants, mood stabilizers and anxiety meds... by month five i had lost the entire 65 pounds i gained from the meds... at this point i knew i was onto something... my schizo symptoms decreased dramatically and when they did occur i was able to quickly rationalize what those experiences were instead of falling further down the rabbit hole like i did in the past... symptoms like three forms of hallucinations, delusions, paranoia, intrusive  thoughts among others that sometimes occurred everyday were no real issues now...

during this time i began thinking about mushrooms again... i returned to the shroomery and began doing other research... i found alot of warnings against a schizo's using recreational drugs but something didn't seem right to me, you see at that point i was a member of a very popular schizophrenia group and a significant number of them smoked weed and lots of it! they never flipped out, as a matter of fact it enhanced their ability to hold deep conversations... have you ever talked to a schizo on weed? very deep man... some of them could do battle with some of the best philosophers among all of you and at the time i had a 1780 uscf rating and could never beat the two old schizos i played... the only thing that stood out was as soon as they got their buzz on they would all rush back inside and wipe out all the remaining jelly donuts and pizza... ohh wait! you do that too! see that, schizos are people too...

anyway, so knowing that marijuana really wasn't the boogie man drug my psychiatrist would lead me to believe i decided i WAS going to use mushrooms again... i found out that it is IMPOSSIBLE for anyone to trip while on anti-psychotics... the trip is just not going to happen man... don't believe me? check out erowid or bluelight if you don't believe me or go to the other drug forum and do a search on anti-psychotics... as a matter of fact some people who are prone to bad trips keep an anti-psychotic handy... 1mg of risperdal will quickly cancel that trip... just something to keep in mind should you be prone to bad trips... i also discovered that any ssri can dramatically enhance any shroom trip because psilocybin acts on the serotonin receptors of the brain and ssri's are serotonin reuptake inhibitors... that drug could catch somebody off guard if there careful, so watch it! you don't have to have mental illness for this to happen, it can take the healthiest brain down...

anyway... knowing this i stopped taking the risperdal because it was doing jack shit anyway... i started a grow and used about a quarter... the trip was not only the way i had always remembered it had been in the past, it also turned out to be a beautiful experience and as usual the mushroom showed me something... to this day i use mushrooms at least once but sometimes twice a month and i have nothing but a sense of peace that can last two to three weeks afterwords... here's my first and only trip report i've ever posted here at the shroomery...

Mental Illness: My Return to the Mushroom 

Janamil was mentioned many times during this thread... he sounds interesting... i'm gonna have to set some time aside and read some of his posts, but what the fuck is he? is he schizophrenic or does he have aspergers... contrarary to popular belief, there is no relationship between the two disorders... they may have overlapping symptoms but they're not the same... just another mind fuck from the APA... they're always trying to put a spin on mental illness to keep it interesting for themselves... you know what i think? i think all psychiatrists should be forced to use the medications they prescribe for six months before they're allowed to write prescriptions for them... no one would be on psychiatric meds if that happened... that's what i fucking think...

Kensho :psychsplit:

Edited by cateyes (11/18/11 09:14 PM)

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: SF Bay Area Flag
Re: wtf is with people (giving advice to schizophrenic individuals) [Re: Rexter] * 1
    #15391093 - 11/18/11 09:23 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Rexter said:
I only think the drug is bad for them if it affects dopamine...

Antipsychotics affect dopamine levels. :smirk:

--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder