Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
InvisibleBrainstem
_@_y
Male User Gallery

Loc: In my shell Flag
Re: Undercover patient (Mental Health) [Re: Kickle]
    #15388293 - 11/18/11 11:32 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I had a few initial responses in mind, but upon further thought I realized that whatever I write will be ill informed. :shrug:

What if the uncertainty becomes so unbearable (suffering), that we are no longer able to cope ? Then in this state, caught between our addiction to life and our fear of the unknown, we concentrate on the only certainty.

--------------------
The arrogant cat stalks the humble mouse, the self important dog chases away the cat and is in turn unable to stand it's ground against the Proud lion. Then the lion is almost trampled underfoot of the enlightened elephant, who surprisingly and paradoxically yields to the humble mouse.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKickleM
Wanderer
 User Gallery

Re: Undercover patient (Mental Health) [Re: Brainstem]
    #15388314 - 11/18/11 11:38 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

The easiest and most effective way I've found to cope with uncertainty is to let it be. I don't know what's coming up and I don't need to. My focus is on this moment and feeling comfortable in it. Part of feeling comfortable in this moment for me is letting uncertainty be there when it's there.

There are certainly those who use a whole range of other coping mechanisms including the one you mentioned of ignoring the uncertainty and focusing on the certain. Or making something mentally certain even if it is uncertain.

--------------------
Why shouldn't the truth be stranger than fiction?
Fiction, after all, has to make sense. -- Mark Twain

InvisibleBrainstem
_@_y
Male User Gallery

#15388329 - 11/18/11 11:41 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Sometimes it is closer than you'll ever know. :shrug:

OfflineKickleM
Wanderer
 User Gallery

#15388366 - 11/18/11 11:49 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah, I know your history and have some of the same in my own. Lost a few close friends in high school and more over the years. The ones I thought were going to kill themselves (the Winehouses...) somehow pulled through. None of it makes much sense but why should it? I'm not writing the script of the world so how can I expect it to fit perfectly to the one in my head?

--------------------

InvisibleBrainstem
_@_y
Male User Gallery

#15388432 - 11/18/11 12:03 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Sorry Kickle I wasn't alluding to that, not directly anyway, and I'm starting to feel optimistic about the uncertainty before me. It seems the only certainty is the impermanence of ourselves and others close to us, and of our lives and this existence. Mingled amongst that is the uncertainty of when these things will end and what, if anything will follow. It is probably correct to say that a person cannot enjoy these things (loved ones and life in general) if they are constantly trying to accommodate uncertainty. Didn't want to hijack this thread, sorry.

OfflineKickleM
Wanderer
 User Gallery

#15388557 - 11/18/11 12:30 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

our experiences weigh in on how we see things and that's what I was commenting on. I think you're a cool dude. I think lots of folks on this forum are fantastic. And when a thread goes off track in the way this one did I think it usually turns out for the best :thumbup:

--------------------

InvisibleBrainstem
_@_y
Male User Gallery

#15389029 - 11/18/11 02:05 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Where I come from we say "sound":thumbup:

When I hear myself saying these things aloud (my last post), I feel like I sound very cynical, and I worry that I might seem morbid to others. This hides my underlying enthusiasm and hope, even after the hits I've taken in life, which you are right when you say; 'weigh in' and colour our experiences. Any suffering just brings me full circle, to the same questions and the same uncertainty :shrug:

Offlineyeah
Male User Gallery

#15392627 - 11/19/11 09:39 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

God those places can suck ass depending on where you are. Even at the 'nice' ones you're going to run into all sorts of people without any interpersonal skills..

for example the last time I had to be on hold there was this one lady, like the head of the night shift or something like that, who had no concept of personal space (aside from her own I guess) and would dyke charge right into you at 3x walking speed and expect you to gracefully move out of her way. She would also go by people's doors and shine a flashlight in every 15 minutes like clockwork (while they were trying to fall asleep).

I also told one of the guys there that since I am registered with the ULC (Universal Life Church) that I can perform marriages and when I was in the middle of proclaiming him married to a ping pong paddle he almost assaulted me, or got very close to it.

These were at the "nice" place.

This other one I was at was completely ghetto and it was blatantly obvious that none of the nurses didn't give a shit about anyone.

--------------------

Offlinemetall
storm tripper

Loc: van bc
Re: Undercover patient (Mental Health) [Re: yeah]
    #15393519 - 11/19/11 01:53 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

yeah i no fully waht u mean where i was is considerd best in southern ont and they just dont give a fuck they are only there for the check sit in he nurse room and only come out when asked or at night to  walk hall shining lights in rooms

--------------------
FUCK OFF FEDS PEOPLE NEED THEIR MEDS

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder