Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!
A friend of a friend asked me to post this question: He has tried growing mushrooms for first time using a 'growbox' and has had success so far. He unexpectedly had to harvest this morning and the mushrooms seem to be healthy: But while trying to pick the ones that grew on the sides of the casing he noticed that the colonized part of the growbox took on a slightly blueish color, just like the mushrooms got where he touched them, in contrast to the bottom layer and the fluff that grew on top, which were bright white: He now is unsure if this is just bruising or some kind of contamination and if the harvested mushrooms are safe to eat.