Home | Community | Message Board

FreeSpores.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
A warm thank you
    #1538020 - 05/10/03 11:57 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I just wanted to take a moment and thank both of our S&P moderators, Shroomism and Mr. Mushrooms.  They have both done a wonderful job keeping our debates focused on the issues and not on the people.  It is sometimes easy for us to forget how much time and effort these two donate to our community.  They work for us,  getting no pay, and often little thanks or appreciation from the masses.

Spirituality and Philosophy can both touch deep emotions within us.  Somehow these two are able to keep a strong spirit of debate going while maintaining order even when the issue at hand has our blood boiling.  I see them treating everybody here with equal respect, even when none is returned, even when they disagree with what is being said.

Through out history those in power tend to stifle debate and force their own agenda upon others.  I have not once seen that happen here.  Instead debate is encouraged with a feeling of welcome.  Sometimes a thread is locked, moved, or changed, but never for personal reasons or egocentric motives.

Both moderators are human, and they have both made mistakes.  We all have.  I feel that we are very lucky to have moderators that seldom mess up.  The sheer amount of positive work that they put into this forum more than makes up for a slight goof here or there.

Thank you both, Shroomism and Mr. Mushrooms.  Keep up the good work!

Edit after getting locked:  Doh, I apologize... I forgot about the new rule for the forum.  An excellent example of non-favoritism, which is one of the reasons you are both good moderators.  I hope I am not breaking another rule by adding this blurb.  If so, it is worth getting banned for a few days to let you both know how I feel.  :smile:

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Edited by Seuss (05/11/03 12:46 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineAislingGheal
A wave on the ocean
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Northern Ohio
Re: A warm thank you [Re: Seuss]
    #1538080 - 05/11/03 12:23 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Well put Seuss. They are a couple of good souls who do an excellent job, I'm just glad to be in this community.

--------------------

"I hate having to pick between the lesser of two evils. But I'm glad Obama was elected. McCain was another war monger. I'd rather deal with our country going into debt than trying to take on afghanistan...oh wait FUCK!" - Fungus_tao

Anonymous

Re: A warm thank you [Re: Seuss]
    #1538086 - 05/11/03 12:25 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Aw man, thanks. :blush:

I am truly touched by this gesture.  Most of the time we feel thankless and sometimes the more we do the less people respect us.  If they only knew how much we care and the effort we put into this forum.

Now the sad part.

As much as I would like to leave this thread open and as much as I appreciate your kind and thoughtful gesture, Mr_Mushrooms always tries to be fair to a fault. :frown:  Which means as the top sticky says, "No threads about moderator action will be allowed".

So I have to lock this. :frown:

I really am bummed but if I allow this to remain open I would have to do the same for those who would bash us as we try our hardest to please everyone here.

So again, thanks but:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology