Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Morning Glory Seeds

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
    #1537757 - 05/10/03 09:52 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Post deleted by Script

Reason for deletion: .

Edited by PJDIDDLE (06/08/10 08:10 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

Re: Shrooms causing [Re: PJDIDDLE]
    #1537766 - 05/10/03 09:58 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I dunno about respiratory depression but i did find this article on the same site. Needless to say, that site may not be the best source.

This drug is most likely to be the most underestimated substance in the drug scene

. Dagga contains more than 400 unpredictable chemical ingredients with THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) as the main ingredient. When you smoke, it will leave your blood system within 30 minutes and is absorbed in your fat tissue. There it remains between 14 to 30 days. Hence the end of your high does not mean that dagga is removed from your system.

The reality

The deadliest aspect about dagga is when people underestimate it; when they perceive it as natural, a herb, harmless, a safe drug or self medication. There is no such a thing as a safe drug. Like any other mind altering drug, dagga has the ability to destroy you physically, mentally, emotionally and social wise .

The using of dagga causes emotional dependency. It means that your mental and emotional development stagnates and you start to relay on dagga to help you cope, to make you feel better, to fix you, etc. It means that any conflict, stress or problem you are facing, requires dagga; it provides you the shortcut to feel instantly better, to forget and not to worry about problems.

In the meantime the user does not realise that other problems are starting to increase. While using dagga, you do not realise that progressively your whole world is falling apart and you are unaware or simply do not care anything about it.

As time goes on, you will discover that your body is building up a tolerance or resistance. This means that you need more of the substance to create the same sensation. When you want to quit, you find out it is difficult; within 3-7 days your body requires more dagga, otherwise you could feel the following symptoms: Depression, irritability, sweating, shaky, nausea and muscle cramps.

Sometimes reverse tolerance occur. The regular smoker discovers that he needs to reduce his dagga use in order to have a positive feeling. The reason for this phenomenon is simply that your body stored plenty of THC in your fatty tissue. Many users, when this occurs, believe that they are not dependent on dagga. The truth is that you do not have to use dagga every day to qualify for being addicted to the drug.

Tell tale signs of smoking dagga

Bloodshot eyes, drooping eyelids
Unnatural thirst or hunger ("munchies")
Uncontrolled moods, talkative, giggling
Changed colour of mouth
Change of movement
Disturbance of judgment
Impaired perception: Distorted sense of time and space
Yellow stains on the palms
Persistent cough
Deterioration of school work, change of normal behaviour at school
New, strange friends
Isolation, avoidance
Lying, stealing,
Conflict with parents, disobedience (especially when the user are off from it)
Staying away long hours from home
Withdrawal symptoms

Insomnia (sleeplessness)
Lack of self control
Lethargy, tired
Decreased appetite
Muscle cramps
The effects of Dagga use

namaste said:
no flamz in da ODD, if you got nothing to contribute then keep yo lips zipped

Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Shrooms causing "Respiratory Suppression" [Re: PJDIDDLE]
    #1537784 - 05/10/03 10:17 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I have not found a single study that can show a causal link between mushroom usage and mental disorders. I do believe that a trip can be a powerful experience and can bring an already existing problem to the surface. The same can be said for a car wreck or a loved ones death or any number of other stressful events.

Just another spore in the wind.

Re: Shrooms causing "Respiratory Suppression" [Re: Seuss]
    #1538343 - 05/11/03 02:54 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Well logically a change in mind can cause a change in breathing pattern.

Many problems that mushrooms reputedly "cause" are more likely the fact that it might expose existing issues as already said. That being said too much of anything mind altering might cause permanent mental damage. It would not suprise me, having seen a few cases of this.

Edited by utopianglory (05/11/03 02:55 AM)

Offlinethe spiral
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Shrooms causing [Re: utopianglory]
    #1538397 - 05/11/03 03:21 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

tripping is an extremely intense experience. It is one of the most intense experiences available to humans. In any situation that involves emotions and experiences that are that powerful, some people are going to have problems coping with it.

"A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism." - Carl Sagan

Underpants Gnome

Re: Shrooms causing [Re: the spiral]
    #1538426 - 05/11/03 03:43 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I believe respiratory suppression is where your involuntary respiratory muscle, the diaphram, stops funtioning involuntary and becomes more of a voluntary action. You would actually have to think about and force yourself to continuously breathe in and out. I never actually have heard of anyone suffering from respiratory suppression during a trip on mushrooms. I myself has experienced a mild case of it while on Morning Glory seeds. It was a rather an unpleaent experience. Even if a person suffered from a severe case of respiratory suppression, there is still little reason to fear this ailment. Althought it might be difficult to breath, your respiratory refelx with inhibit you from suffocating. Once CO2 level build up so high in your blood, your body will react by gasping for air. It's this very reflex that causes people to drown.

Don't confuse respiratory suppression with respiratory failure, in which all respiratory fucntions cease to work.

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Morning Glory Seeds

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience