Home | Community | Message Board

Azarius
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleRudiger420
Rudiger420
Soaking colonized rice cakes in everclear not for drinking?
    #1537559 - 05/10/03 08:08 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

My friend whom has been growing shrooms for years has told me to take a jar and add crushed up brown rice in it.  Pressure cook it.  Then colonized it w/o any vermiculite.  Once colonized soak it in everclear and he will tell me the next step.  I'm very curious what he wants me to do after that.  He said you will not drink the everclear after I filter the cake.  There's more to it than that.  He refuses to tell me the future steps until I have the cake 100% colonized.  Hmmm.....It won't be used to grow mushrooms either.  Possibly some kind of synthisis maybe.  Anyone know what he might have up his sleeve? :confused: 

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineLabyrinth13
Friend of theWee Folk

Loc: Through the Looking Glass
Re: Soaking colonized rice cakes in everclear not for drinking? [Re: Rudiger420]
    #1537604 - 05/10/03 08:36 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Just off the top of my head: Sounds to me like the alcohol is being used as a solvet in some sort of process to extract psilocybin from the mycelium. I have no idea what the next step is and wouldn't tell you if I did because that would spoil your friend's surprise!

(O.K., I'd tell you if I knew that they wouldn't get mad, and, of course, if I actually knew the next step!).

Have fun . . .

P.S. Don't forget to update the board when you do find out what the next steps are.

Edited by Labyrinth13 (05/10/03 08:38 PM)

Offlinefugu
Pooh-Bah

Loc: istanbul
Re: Soaking colonized rice cakes in everclear not for drinking? [Re: Labyrinth13]
    #1537615 - 05/10/03 08:41 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

ladyies .....small sentences..........small askings if you want answers from non english peoples

--------------------
mushroom culture history making ...Mr. Allan is the best .....

OfflineTheShroomHermit
Divine Hermit of the Everything
 User Gallery

Loc: border of Canada and Mexi...
Re: Soaking colonized rice cakes in everclear not for drinking? [Re: Rudiger420]
    #1537624 - 05/10/03 08:44 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Does your friend have a user name at this board, or any board?
I can't think of any steps in this process becuase I don't even know what the desired out come is... (or how easily colonising will be on just plain crushed rice grains) Perhaps your freind doesn't know what he is talking about, and is in the ranks of people who try to make acid with gum and orange peels. If I were you, I wouldn't waste the spores untill he at least reveals the next step.

OfflineBladeLSD
Squirrel Master

#1538019 - 05/10/03 11:57 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I say stop listening to your friend, and do a little reading on your own. As far as using 100% colonized jar to extract psilocybin, well it's highly recognized that mycellium has very little psilocybin prior to pinning, so eventhough everclear can be used to extract psilocybin, you will end up with none or very little, and that jar of crushed up BR well, most everything else just doesnt add up too well...

--------------------
We might get glimpse's of objectivity every now, and then, but we're so inherently locked in our temporal and corporeal selves that we're irrevocably locked into subjectivity :crazy:

OfflineMykeOfile
stranger thanmost
Loc: behind the bookshelf
Re: Soaking colonized rice cakes in everclear not for drinking? [Re: BladeLSD]
    #1538061 - 05/11/03 12:14 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

this dude once told me that this guy he was in prison w/ told him that u can make acid by taking a loaf of bread and soaking it in pga in a dark closet for like two weeks then picking off these little hairs that glow in a black light, the worst park was my gf thought that there was something to this and kept taliking bout how she was gonna try it one day :smirk:, ne way maybe ur friend is opporating off some messed up version of this stupid shit

--------------------
u know it aint funny when u aint got no money and the clock strikes 420 and u wanna get high
~Kottonmouth Kings

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation