Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineHagbardCeline
Student-Teacher-Student-Teacher
Male User Gallery

Loc: Overjoyed, at the bottom ...
Musroom experimentation/ Mind Machines/ Sensory Deprivation
    #1537178 - 05/10/03 04:45 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Ok, I'm a newbie, so please bear with me but I did as much reading as possible before posting. I have been browsing this site for a couple of weeks now, but most heavily the past few days.

I have a friend who used mushrooms about 8 times since January. Slowly increased dosage each time until about the 6th trip when after a 24 hour fast, he took 6.5 grams dried with about 2 grams of Passion Flower spread throught the day. WOW! He had used many other drugs before this one and always had an affinty for psychedelics. Although it had many years in between their use. He had used acid before, but didn't remember it making him feel the spirtual connections, and profound ideas that mushrooms seem to stimulate. The "Big Trip" he had really opened his eyes to exploring his spirituality more.

He wants to start doing some experiments with these substances. What do you think would be some good ideas, as far as testing or experiments, to facilitate his research. Some of the ideas he wanted to explore were:
1. I.Q. tests
2. Dosage and tests
3. Actually a variety of tests, such eye/hand cooridination, abstract and spatial reasoning, and whatever else you can help him think of.
4. He wants to experiment in using a mind machine while tripping. For those that aren't familiar
http://www.mindmachines.com/
5. He also wants to try combining a sensory deprivation expierence with psychedelics. That should provide some interesting experience.

Since his "big trip" he has only tripped twice at 4 grams. Once with Passion Flower, and once without. He said it provides a noticable difference in the potentcy of of the trip. He felt many unique sensations and ideas during the big one. He described the feeling that he was no longer himself, but a conduit of a cosmic consciousness that permeates everything. He felt that he was on the verge of "tapping" into it, but worried it would be too much. This trip also seemed to bring about an alter ego, one that has resurfaced on his subsequent trips. Alter ego may not be the best term to describe it though. He says it is simliar to his conscience, hopes and desires, roled into one. It tries to help him accomplish what he really wants.
Sorry for the seeming incontinuity of the post, but he wanted to provide some of the experiences he had had, so it might be easier for people to formulate ideas as to which paths he might take.

If you have ideas, if possible, please provide links to specific tests, etc.. Thanks

--------------------
I keep it real because I think it is important that a highly esteemed individual such as myself keep it real lest they experience the dreaded spontaneous non-existance of no longer keeping it real. - Hagbard Celine

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
Re: Musroom experimentation/ Mind Machines/ Sensory Deprivation [Re: HagbardCeline]
    #1537185 - 05/10/03 04:49 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Those tests would be good tests to conduct. I would love to hear the results.

I think MAPS does stuff like that, bu I really don't know.

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

OfflineHagbardCeline
Male User Gallery

Re: Musroom experimentation/ Mind Machines/ Sensory Deprivation [Re: Murex]
    #1537200 - 05/10/03 05:00 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Did a search and didn't come up with anything on MAPS, what is that?

--------------------
I keep it real because I think it is important that a highly esteemed individual such as myself keep it real lest they experience the dreaded spontaneous non-existance of no longer keeping it real. - Hagbard Celine

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
Re: Musroom experimentation/ Mind Machines/ Sensory Deprivation [Re: HagbardCeline]
    #1537251 - 05/10/03 05:31 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

From www.maps.org:

"The Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies (MAPS) is a membership-based non-profit research and educational organization with about 1800 members. We assist scientists to design, fund, obtain approval for and report on studies into the healing and spiritual potentials of MDMA, psychedelic drugs and marijuana."

I'm sure you could find some studies there that would interest yo-- I mean, your friend :grin:

Welcome to The Shroomery

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

InvisibleOctopusDr
Octi Doci

#1537277 - 05/10/03 05:44 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Dude your Avitar weirds me out.  :crazy: :crazy: 

OfflineHagbardCeline
Male User Gallery

Re: Musroom experimentation/ Mind Machines/ Sensory Deprivation [Re: OctopusDr]
    #1537292 - 05/10/03 05:55 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Geokills:

Thanks for the link.  Do you know if they assist individuals in preparing experiments?

OctopusDr:

:confused: 

--------------------

OfflineHagbardCeline
Male User Gallery

#1542191 - 05/12/03 05:45 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Does anybody else have ideas for the type of tests he could use, and where to get them without paying for them? It seems like everywhere he looks they try to charge.

I was also curious as if anyone else had tried mind machines or sensory deprivation?
And is this in the right forum, or should it be in general?

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports