Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
ODD question
    #1537120 - 05/10/03 04:10 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

OK here goes .................
I had a jar that fruited invitro so I raped it of its mushies and put it in a fruiting chamber and  so far one giant (by my standards) mushroom grew

When I ate the invitro shrooms (last saterday) I was afraid of contams ,but I didnt die and had no ill effects on my trip which was SUPER MILD
the shrooms I ate didnt even have blue in the stem just in the CAP!!! :grin:

Anyway back to my pride and joy "the monster" it looks pretty good , and its just starting to break the veil , but a while back it looked like the cap stained the stem a bit !!!!(if that is ever what happened) have pitty on me this is what I would call my first shroom , as the other ones were so small

I just looked again and it seems to have the right colour but the stem looks like its "spliting" just a little

I assume this is normal IS IT?????? :confused:
because other than that it looks like by monday I will have a nice shroom to eat

I know that cakes (I am using the PFtek BRF method) that have contams usally never sprout mushrooms , I know that I ate some of the invitro shrooms and I am fine , SO with everything I said.............will I be fine if I eat this shroom
I knwo the main contams are black , yellow , red , or green
and the colour that I thought was on the stem (which seems to be gone now) was like the cap  :confused: which leaves me thinking
WHAT THE FUCK? :confused: and other than a slight split in the stem (might not be a split just a dent) anyway help me out people

am I just a worry freak ????
I know its not smart to eat contams , but am I over reacting ??
I just cant wait to eat my irst "real" shroom
my next goal will be to one day have a 9 gram smothie :Chocolate soy milk , strawberrys , bananas etc etc oh and 9 gram of shrooms !(I am doingg this cause I remember dlawagon? talking about a 9 gram smothie and I was inspired !!!

and after I dry this "monster"  (if its ok) I cant wait to bring it to my friends jay and andrew and say "they said he couldnt do it, they doubted his skill and mental  ability (well thay didnt say that part .......but I will)  they (jay and andrew) were lying faggots !!!! :grin:" ehehehehhehehehehehehehehehehe :grin: :grin:

thanks to everyone that helped me at this site along the way (and other at other sites) you effort was not wasted
I remember thinking if just one cake would fruit I would be happy (that was after fucking up twice) now that it has I have 3 nice cakes waiting in the wings

I think I will do p tek 2 or 3 more times before I try casing

anyway I am rambling because I am SOOO happy
help me with my "monster" 

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMykeOfile
stranger thanmost
Loc: behind the bookshelf
Re: ODD question [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #1537257 - 05/10/03 05:34 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

ur monster sounds fine, if its real big splitting at little in the stem isnt that odd at all, gen there isnt much of a question as to whether ur contaminated or not, its pretty obvious, and growing invitro normally doesnt allow for much chance of contams, all in all it seems like u need to calm down just a little, pop a valium or smoke a bowl or sumthin, but i think ur doin fine, and u should just take a pic then eat it fresh cuz thats the way to go,..........good luck

--------------------
u know it aint funny when u aint got no money and the clock strikes 420 and u wanna get high
~Kottonmouth Kings

OfflineMike Elium
.the Mycelium

Loc: on the edge
    #1537412 - 05/10/03 06:55 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

The splitting does not sound all that unusual. Normally contams are distinguishable.... you may have already seen this (link below), but if not, maybe it will help you...if your stuff doesn't have anything like these, should be OK. Note there is a condition described as "scaling", the natural reaction to dry air, which also exhibits splitting of a cap in the pic....and is not a real contamination...

Contam Pics

--------------------
your inside is out, and your outside is in.

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Re: ODD question [Re: Mike Elium]
    #1537536 - 05/10/03 07:59 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

its just the stem not the cap in fact the cap looks oh SOO nice (even though) the veil hasent broke yet

this really is a big day for me , since wensday I have been sick as a dog and then WHAM!
today I am feeling great and my mushie is getting real nice , I hope to eat this mother fucker by monday or tuesday , oh and then but my buddys who said I coulnt do it  :grin: after I failed twice my buddy Jay says
"maybe you should give me your brf verm etc etc spores etc and I will try to grow them or we can get another one of our friends to grow them" as if the problem had mre to do with stupidity than lack of experience

I cant wait to show this "monster" off :grin:

thanks you to all of you that helped me along the was and the 2 guys that just responed , without people like yourself , taking the time to answer questions , I would have been lost , I used "simple cubenis growing tek"
but after reading many other teks I have blended the info from those teks and info from people here into something that works well
still BRF and vern
but as any of you that have grown will know , theres more to it than that

peace

Psilocybeingz 

--------------------

Edited by Psilocybeingzz (05/10/03 08:00 PM)

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

#1537547 - 05/10/03 08:04 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

wow thanks mike elium thats quite the link!!

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation