Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTonberry
I have a chefknife.

Loc: My brain is the cliff.
LSD compared to cubensis.
    #1528448 - 05/07/03 06:17 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I've dosed on mushrooms over ten times so I'm going to say that I'm an "experienced" user of them. I wouldn't call myself a veteran or expert or anything, but I do believe that I understand them pretty well now. Anyway, that is beside the point. I want to kind of expand my horizons and take LSD for the first time. I've been reading up about it and I feel pretty prepared for what I'm going into.

Can someone tell me maybe some of the main similarities and differences between acid and cubensis mushrooms? My highest dose on mushrooms has been 7 grams at a social event and I think that I handled myself quite well - I was just wondering if I should just go for one hit for the first time because I know I can always retrieve more if I feel my trip wasn't intense enough for me.

Also, where should I hang out? Should I be outside, inside, with a few trusted friends or even at a social event where I took my largest dose of mushrooms? I actually became more social and open with people I didn't even know when I dosed on mushrooms and I'm wondering if LSD is the same.

Thanks for the help guys.

--------------------
The days go so slow.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
Re: LSD compared to cubensis. [Re: Tonberry]
    #1528510 - 05/07/03 06:31 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

The trips are quite similar, but definitely not exactly the same. Last year I first tried mushrooms after plenty of times of ingesting LSD. I certainly didn't know what to expect, but the GENERAL feel of the trip seems to be similar. Visuals are a bit different, duration is another thing. Actually, trying to describe the differences is a big mission for me, but I think you should be fine with just 1 tab. The best thing is that there isn't any nausea on the come up (and if there is, it's really mild).

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
Re: LSD compared to cubensis. [Re: Sheepish]
    #1528559 - 05/07/03 06:51 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Just to throw out my observations, and this by no means a total analysis...

I find my visuals to be much stronger on LSD...While mushrooms often give the "Fractal" look of overlaid geometric shapes on surfaces, LSD often produces full bore hallucinations...Things that *I* see, but nobody else does. Gotta love that...

Mushrooms give a more relaxed body buzz, in my experiences at any rate, which is nice. However, I enjoy the speedier, energy buzzing through my nerves type sensation I get coming up on acid.

And the main difference you'll notice is the longevity. Mushies usually get me back to base in 5-6 hours...Where as I'll be peaking in 5 on good acid...But again, this is me, and your mileage WILL vary....

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

OfflineGreat Scott
Trigger Lover
Male User Gallery

Loc: Control Grid
Re: LSD compared to cubensis. [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #1528854 - 05/07/03 08:27 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I have never done Acid before, but i have done shrooms quite a few times
Shrooms have a really "Organic" feel to them
And i think Acid is more Direct and Clear.

--------------------
:thumbup: :thumbdown:

Offlineganesh
stranger still
Loc: cloud seven
    #1528910 - 05/07/03 08:52 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

The biggest thing to take into consideration with acid is that it lasts 12 hours... so be prepared because it's a long time. They do have a similar feel but at the same time are different - and everyone responds to drugs in a different way.
Personally - I get more visuals/tripped out on mushrooms... but acid is still great fun - and it will give you a lot of energy.
Just take basic precautions as you would any other trip - be with people you are comfortable with and dont put yourself in situations which could turn things bad.

cheers and enjoy man!

ganesh.

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

#1528922 - 05/07/03 08:56 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

The trips are both very similar, but at the same time very different. The transition from shrooms to acid will be easy for you. Start out with one hit for your first time, and if you decide you like it, try more your next time around.

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

OfflineTonberry
I have a chefknife.

Re: LSD compared to cubensis. [Re: djd586]
    #1530086 - 05/08/03 05:47 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks for the help everyone.

--------------------
The days go so slow.

OfflineRhizoid
carbon unit
Male

Loc: Europe
    #1536862 - 05/10/03 11:33 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

The differences can also vary depending on the individual. To me, LSD is more visual than mushrooms, but other people will say the opposite. And I know people who sometimes get tense and slightly paranoid on LSD but can't stop laughing on mushrooms, while I myself get in a good mood and feel stimulated by LSD, and more introverted/contemplative on shrooms. I think the only objectively verifiable differences are these:

(1) an LSD trip lasts approximately twice as long as a shroom trip.

(2) LSD is more stimulating on the central nervous system (meaning you feel a bit more "agitated" than on a psychedelically equivalent shroom dose).

A long and heavy LSD trip makes me more exhausted afterwards than a heavy shroom trip, due to the longer duration and stronger stimulation. But don't take that in a negative way, I'm only describing differences here. Basically they are both just two varieties of tryptamine-enthegoens, each with their own different pharmacological "personality". LSD is a great entheogen, just make sure you have prepared a good set and setting when you try it :smile:

Offlinedizzim
Born Again Head
    #1536912 - 05/10/03 12:04 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

find out the strength of your tabs from someone who's already tried them if possible....1 tab will work, but if sounds like you have some tripping experience so 2 may be more desirable...err on the side of caution if you're nervous though. The trips are definately different, but anyone who's done shrooms should be well prepared to handle them.
As for settings, whatever you're used to should be fine. Be with friends and start off indoors for the first few hours if possible....at least till you get the feel for it and are comfortable enough to be out and about. It lasts a solid 8 hrs before you start coming down - which takes another couple hours. Its also slower kicking in (for me anyhow) unless taken on an empty stomach.
I've done acid hundreds of times and just want to forewarn you about using pot or alcohol while tripping.....dont bother. Acid overpowers both.....drinking doesnt have much effect at all, I've seen friends drink till they started puking without feeling drunk. They did feel really nasty for the rest of the trip though. As for pot, save it for when you come down and are starting to think about sleeping. I smoked a 1/4 one night and didnt feel a thing.
Others may have different experiences but those are mine. Keep in mind that i was a heavy tripper. 5 hits was usually my minimum, I preffered 10 or more.

Invisiblepurity

User Gallery

Re: LSD compared to cubensis. [Re: dizzim]
    #1537401 - 05/10/03 04:51 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

A friend of mine had this question plague his mind for a while also. He asked around and realized the answers only after he tried them both. They are both very strong substances that cause certain feelings and things to happen that cannot be fully put into words. Regardless, my friend will try to describe the comparison to you from what he has noticed as best he can.
With acid, he goes into this zone, where everything is strange, foreign, and ridiculously interesting ("OMG, THAT CHAR IS SO... CHAIR" followed later by maniacal laughter). With mushrooms, he has felt intellectual and like he has taken a drug that allows his true mind to explore all of his real feelings/thoughts. With lsd, he feels like he is somewhat insane and less like there is another substance in his mind, but more like its just the rest of the world that has changed. Also, even though both substances cause an increase in energy, lsd is noticeably speedier. All this, along with the obvious duration differences is the best way my friend can describe them.

Offlinethe spiral
Neuroscientist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1538381 - 05/11/03 01:12 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

I smoked a 1/4 one night and didnt feel a thing.

this doesn't compute. If you weren't feeling anything, why did you keep smoking? You have to be trying pretty hard to smoke a quarter by yourself in a night! That's a lot to smoke if you're not catching a buzz.

--------------------

"A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism." - Carl Sagan

Offlinevalour
Swordbearer

Loc: USA
Re: LSD compared to cubensis. [Re: the spiral]
    #1538575 - 05/11/03 03:50 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Although that does seem to be quite a bit, dude - he was tripping ;-)

--------------------
"Remember, son,
I didn't sell out-
I bought in."

OfflineSquid
withdrawn fromthe everdayworld

#1538650 - 05/11/03 07:17 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Another difference that I've noticed is that with LSD, the effects keep building untill about the fourth hour. Where as with shrooms you tend to peak right away. Overall I'd have to say I like shrooms better. An 8 hour LSD trip is just to much for me and the last 4 hours always is a drag. Feeling mentaly burnt out, and not be able to sleep.

--------------------
A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move towards higher levels. -A. Einstein

Offlinedizzim
Born Again Head
Re: LSD compared to cubensis. [Re: Squid]
    #1538871 - 05/11/03 11:17 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

this doesn't compute. If you weren't feeling anything, why did you keep smoking? You have to be trying pretty hard to smoke a quarter by yourself in a night! That's a lot to smoke if you're not catching a buzz.

just to clear this up....

yes, a quater is a lot for one night and no it wasn't crappy weed. It was a long night and i was tripping balls off 15 hits. I'm not sure why i kept smoking except that the taste was cool and i got way into watching the smoke clouds under the black light. I did let a J or 2 burn out in the ashtray cause i forgot about em. I also had damn near unlimited access to to nearly free pot (had a friend who grew). So i wasnt in the least concerned about wasting it.

Offlinepseudopod
scattered,smothered,covered...

#1539408 - 05/11/03 04:25 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Many people say to start with one tab, but it seems that low doses of lsd seem to cause more of the unpleasant effects than moderate ones. Of course, one hit can get you past this threshold.

Here's my take on the differences between lsd and psilocybin:

lsd: Little to no taste, somewhat similar to placing a 9 volt battery on your tongue. It can take 15-45 minutes to feel anything, but then it is an elevator ride. This feeling is very similar to the onset of psilocybin. Once the trip has begun, the spectrum of experience is very wide with lsd (I think it has a very wide bandwith), so it is highly variable and depends very much on set and setting. Hallucinations generally seem to be coming from the environment until a certain threshold, at which point there is ego dissolution and you become part of it. The CNS is definately aroused, you will not sleep on this. Actually, you are your CNS during an lsd trip, very cerebral. At some point you will want to go explore, walk around, ride a bike (be careful, remember: ALL CARS ARE REAL). 8-12 hrs. is generally right, and expect to be at least a little uncomfortable at the tail end.

psilocybin: Most of us know what mushrooms taste like. Onset is often accompanied by yawning and a feeling of well-being. Nausea is not uncommon. The effects of psilocybin seem to come in waves, each wave opening more and more. I think of mushrooms as a higher spectrum psychedelic (the experience is contained in a narrower bandwith than lsd, so to speak, and is generally a pleasant, "up" experience). One feels more connected to the environment, often there is the experience of feeling grounded or very connected to the earth. The body load is lighter than lsd, but strangely more physical. The duration is several hours shorter and the comedown is easier, although a good long mushroom trip can leave you exhausted. I think it is easier to overdo it with mushrooms, especially fresh ones.

Remember these are highly subjective and written years after experimentation, so take it for what it's worth.. I hope this helps. You can definately take more once the trip has begun, but experience says that it is better to take your dose at the beginning. If you do stagger, wait at least an hour or so before you decide to take more.

OfflineTonberry
I have a chefknife.

Re: LSD compared to cubensis. [Re: pseudopod]
    #1539997 - 05/11/03 09:28 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks for the vast amount of information you've all given me here. I appreciate you all trying to help me make a well-informed educated decision. I'll let you all know how it goes and any insight I might gain from my experience.

--------------------
The days go so slow.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies