Home | Community | Message Board

Phytoextractum
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
First time Tea..my nite.
    #1536642 - 05/10/03 10:26 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

This evening i was called by an old friend who i had met by introducing her to acid. We havent seen each other for several months, and she was wanting to trip. Seeing as my Galpal never had any to harvest, she tried a friend, and 5.5 grams were purchased by her and her friend... I didnt think this would get us all off, but another dude said we should make tea, and everyone was talking about how good these were. We figured we'd make tea, but i didnt really have too much expectations. Boiled water, grinded shrooms, added tea bag and shrooms and lemon juice, wait 10 minutes, added water, and drank about half a coffee cup each of tea. Within 20 minutes good visuals...waves, and messed depth preception. The girls were looking very inquizitive looking, and falling into giggle fits. I was tripping hard...and i knew i would get much higher, i was worried about the light weight, first timer gals. A friend came over who just downed 6grams and we went for a nature walk. By the time we were at the end of the block we were a stumbling mess falling all over one another laughing hysterically, mystified by the nite sky. About 20 minutes later, and alot of strange feelings, we got to the trails..... I live in a semi arrid desert, and we were on claybanks, walking whereever our feet landed, just trying to maintain enough composure to stand erect. Marijuana blasted the trip to a new level, and communication became too hard. The girls really started being uninhibited and having a good time. We came back here, chilled in the hammocks, smoked a joint, played in my wheelchair and what not. Very high for a good 4 hours, and still having good after vibe nearly 12 hours later. Great trip. The end.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMike Elium
.the Mycelium

Loc: on the edge
Re: First time Tea..my nite. [Re: PDU]
    #1536940 - 05/10/03 02:23 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Sounds like you had fun.

Also a testament that Mush Tea works well.......did you only dirink the strained liquid, or did you also consume the chopped up bits used to make the tea?

--------------------
your inside is out, and your outside is in.

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Re: First time Tea..my nite. [Re: Mike Elium]
    #1537571 - 05/10/03 08:14 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Well, the shroomes were powdered and went down easily in one mouthful, there was 2/3rds of a coffee cup each to drink, and it just tasted like warm gatorade. Ill definately being using tea more often. I generally find i have a higher tolerence to fungus than most people...but last nite blew my mind, altho the intensity was fairly brief by comparison, kinda nice to be able to figure some things out at 7 and be completley down and ready to rest by midnight.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1537646 - 05/10/03 08:53 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

heh you can strain out the goop next time and see if you think that degrades the effects - I think if you put the powder in fast enough after boiling, you can extract basically all of it right into the water, strain the scum out, and just drink the remaining liquid :smile: - seems to be quite powerful for me :smile:

hehe "I generally find I have a higher tolerance to fungus than most people" :laugh: lol I often wonder if everybody thinks they trip harder than everybody else, because I've heard statements like this from numerous sources :-D

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: First time Tea..my nite. [Re: Mike Elium]
    #1537702 - 05/10/03 09:19 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

did you only dirink the strained liquid, or did you also consume the chopped up bits used to make the tea?

I have done both. The strained tea is usually easier on my tummy, but less potent. The chopped up bits being consumed does little to nothing for easing my tummy pains, but the trip kicks in a lot faster and harder unless the tea is slowly sipped. This is based on my own experience; remember, we are all different.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Re: First time Tea..my nite. [Re: Strumpling]
    #1537940 - 05/10/03 11:22 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

"I generally find I have a higher tolerance to fungus than most people" :laugh: lol I often wonder if everybody thinks they trip harder than everybody else, because I've heard statements like this from numerous sources :-D 

I so dont get it! This was as powerful as 5gram trips before. Where 2 or 3 grams have had people having full out OEV's, i barely feel a thing. I suppose i got cocky with the fungus, but last night brought me off that i guess. It really blew my mind, because i was expecting pretty much no effect. Certainly...a very pleasant surprise. 

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
    #1538581 - 05/11/03 05:59 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

lol man I misread you :wink: nevermind :grin:

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.

OfflineGog
hapless andhappy

Re: First time Tea..my nite. [Re: Strumpling]
    #1539356 - 05/11/03 06:03 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I have 5 grams of powdered shrooms (some of its isn't that powdery, it's in little shreds). I'm thinking of trying tea, but I heard it hits you fast and hard. Does this take you by surprise or scare you at all?

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Re: First time Tea..my nite. [Re: Gog]
    #1539517 - 05/11/03 07:21 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

It hits you a bit faster, which makes it seem like its hitting you harder :wink:

The trip may not last as long as you're used to from eating them, because in tea-form your stomache doesn't have to break it all down - its already broken down pretty well :laugh:

It definitely takes me by surprise and spooks me a bit, but dude that's part of the whole trip for me :smile: you know like getting on a roller-coaster or something, its normal to be a bit anxious/nervous sometimes :laugh:

--------------------

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

#1539641 - 05/11/03 08:26 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Well, It shocked me, i wasnt scared...but i anticipated that i would be later on, In 10 minutes visuals started hitting, then some mindfuck, this was very fast compared to the normal 25 minutes to feel a bit of a different vibe, and about an hour to be tripping i was used to. I anticipated i would keep going up, and i thought i might get too high...(i hadnt prepared for the trip, as it was a total surprise)...I did keep getting higher, but it was fun. 5 grams might be a bit much in tea though...we had 5.5 between 3 people...shocking, i know.

I cant wait till the galpals harvest, Im going to cook up an Oz in tea, and play card games, winner takes a shot of tea between 5-8 of us.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

OfflineGog
hapless andhappy

#1539650 - 05/11/03 08:32 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

oh, i wasn't gonna eat the whole 5 g's. ill probably split it up into a 2 amounts. what's eating mushrooms powder like? in comparison to the tea or eating the full dried fruit.

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

#1540512 - 05/12/03 02:12 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I havent done it, so i cant share. Apperently it hits faster, just because its already broken up...id go with the tea though.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

InvisibleBi0TeK
elephant man

Loc: Yorkshire Moors, Great Br...
    #1540839 - 05/12/03 04:14 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

what's eating mushrooms powder like? in comparison to the tea or eating the full dried fruit.

I find eating powdered or whole dried shrooms revolting and it kind of plays hell with your guts and can make you feel nauseous.. tea on the other hand tastes fine and gives you a much faster come up !  :smile:

--------------------
PROMOTE BACTERIA. THEY'RE THE ONLY CULTURE SOME PEOPLE HAVE.

OfflineGog
hapless andhappy

Re: First time Tea..my nite. [Re: Bi0TeK]
    #1541918 - 05/12/03 04:04 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I like the taste of mushrooms. You Americans are so damned fussy with your food, and you're all terrified of eating fungus! I was raised by European parents, picking and eating our own mushrooms every fall. Expand your diet as well as your mind!

Now that my bigotry is over, I should stress I'm only curious about the trip itself. Does anyone who has tried both powder and tea have a favourite? I'm a little shy of the fast come-up actually... I'm a sensitive person.

InvisibleBi0TeK
elephant man

Loc: Yorkshire Moors, Great Br...
    #1542033 - 05/12/03 04:45 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

You Americans are so damned fussy with your food, and you're all terrified of eating fungus!

I'm British and have been picking for 12 years and I still say they taste like shit !  :tongue: 

--------------------
PROMOTE BACTERIA. THEY'RE THE ONLY CULTURE SOME PEOPLE HAVE.

Edited by Bi0TeK (05/12/03 05:12 PM)

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #1542110 - 05/12/03 05:17 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Does anyone who has tried both powder and tea have a favourite? I'm a little shy of the fast come-up actually... I'm a sensitive person.

I don't like eating powder for a few different reasons... all the little fibers get stuck in your teeth, its a pain to wash down, it seems to have a lot more flavor than whole fruit or tea, etc...

If you sip the tea over 20 minutes or so, the onset is about the same as eating. Teas only kick in hard and fast if you down them quickly.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineGog
hapless andhappy

Re: First time Tea..my nite. [Re: Seuss]
    #1542529 - 05/12/03 07:33 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks for the info Seuss! I have a sensitive stomach, so I'm sold - tea it is. As always, you prove to be a knowledgeable shroom-goer.

Still one question though: how do I make tea with powder? Do I strain out the remaining solids or drink it with the tea?

Do you guys 2.5 grams is too much to take alone... I've never done it solo.

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

#1542538 - 05/12/03 07:36 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I think 2.5g will give you a very nice trip, fairly intense, but tame enough for you to be alone...opinion only.

My tea was just slightly less than boiling, poured over the powder, tea bag added, let sit for 10 minutes, sugar added, liquid strained, and one big spoon full of solids at the end. Have fun!

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

OfflineGog
hapless andhappy

#1542620 - 05/12/03 08:01 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Excellent, excellent... you guys are very efficient question answerers.

So drinking it slowly (over 20-30 min period) will have the same onset as just eating the full mushrooms? I really, really don't want to be "thunderstruck" by a full trip within 10 minutes. I'd most definitely freak out. I'm a fairly anxious/neurotic individual.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience