Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleBretdaniel
Heavy Vibes

Fuck steam.
    #15365952 - 11/13/11 07:55 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

So looking up Skyrim PC requirements was fine not too bad of requirements until I see requires internet connection to activate steam account, fuck steam. My only experience with steam was a few years ago after buying the orange box and being excitied about the deal I was getting. After three days my account was hacked and was banned for cheating and then steam basically told me I am out of luck cause there was no proof it wasn't me. A waste of 50 bucks seeing that you can't play your game without steam. Fuck steam.

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineTheChillMovement
Musician, Philosopher, Artist

Loc: ation unconfirmed
Re: Fuck steam. [Re: Bretdaniel]
    #15368277 - 11/14/11 10:12 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Damn, that is a huge bummer dude.  :omfg:

--------------------
I am a musician, a philosopher, an artist, a thinker.  I am one with you, as you are with me.  I am a peacemaker, a preacher, and a teacher.  Say no to violence, and do not harm your brothers and sisters.  Peace and love to you all, wherever you are!

Music:
Soundcloud: http://www.Soundcloud.com/the-chill-movement
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChillMovement?feature=mhee

Blogs:
Tumblr: http://www.thechillmovement.tumblr.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/chill_movement 

:flowerchild::cheers:

OfflineVisionary Tools
Male User Gallery

Re: Fuck steam. [Re: TheChillMovement]
    #15368367 - 11/14/11 10:52 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

more and more games are becoming steam exclusive these days.

--------------------
Wiccan_Seeker said:
slide down a pole than with your legs spread and using your pussy as a brake. Ask the fire department :imslow:

Offlineblujay
pass it b*ch!
Male User Gallery

#15368368 - 11/14/11 10:53 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Bretdaniel said:
So looking up Skyrim PC requirements was fine not too bad of requirements until I see requires internet connection to activate steam account, fuck steam. My only experience with steam was a few years ago after buying the orange box and being excitied about the deal I was getting. After three days my account was hacked and was banned for cheating and then steam basically told me I am out of luck cause there was no proof it wasn't me. A waste of 50 bucks seeing that you can't play your game without steam. Fuck steam.

I dunno, this is pretty stupid...

1.) You probably cheated. VAC is fairly reliable. Use more secure passwords. If you account got "hacked" it was because you let yourself get social-engineered and forfeited your password to someone who cheated for you.

2.) You can't get banned in a single player game anyway, VAC bans only ban you from the multi-player component of Source based games. For the record, in hundreds of hours of playing a dozen different Source based games online over years- I have seen two cheaters total. S0 it's totally worth it.

3.) Steam give me games at sale discounts up to 90% problem?

4.) Steam has changed a lot since 07'. It's more reliable now, and includes a social network / chat client / friends list.

Miss out on one of the best things to happen to gaming in gaming's history, go ahead. I have been a member of Steam from day #1 when there were two games available that weren't Valve's on the service. back in those days the software had a lot of legitimate issues you could claim about. But a VAC ban is fairly much your own fault. You used the same password/username combo as a web forum that got hacked, or something in those lines. Fuck, maybe you even had a keylogger installed. Learn to use a computer without compromising your security before you whine like a baby.

Oh wah wah the orange box. Pretty sure I picked that one up on sale for 5$.

--------------------

wat man rly

Edited by blujay (11/14/11 10:54 AM)

Offlinelove2shpongleIRL
Opiophile
Male

#15368721 - 11/14/11 01:05 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Steam is one of the best things to happen to pc gaming ever. From their sales, customer service(they have given me refunds on games with almost no questions asked), VAC, etc. Steam has got everything I would want in a digital distribution service. There are issues, but no where near the amount of problems they had at launch. What's wrong with the requirement of a internet connection, it's DRM I can deal with and most have internet access. It's not like you need to be constantly online or anything.

--------------------
Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.
T. S. Eliot

Edited by love2shpongleIRL (11/14/11 01:09 PM)

InvisibleBretdaniel
Heavy Vibes

Re: Fuck steam. [Re: love2shpongleIRL]
    #15369304 - 11/14/11 03:43 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

I know I didn't get banned playing single players, I started playing TF2 and went to bed, woke up and it said my steam account was banned. Also Blujay I am not whining It's just frustration of spending money on games and if something goes wrong you can't play them. As for your learn to use a computer remark that's just funny I am more than proficent at fixing and securing a computer, also it just doesn't seem right to make it that you have to constantly be online just to play your games. If something freak like that ever happens to you blujay I'd hope you'd remain calm, count your losses and continue to kiss steams ass.

Edited by Bretdaniel (11/14/11 03:51 PM)

Offlinelove2shpongleIRL
Opiophile
Male

#15369362 - 11/14/11 03:58 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Have you filed a support ticket? Steams customer service kicks ass. As I stated above, you do not have to be online constantly to play your games, only have to be online for intial activation. Log into steam and launch it in offline mode and all your stuff can be played without a connection.

--------------------
Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.
T. S. Eliot

Offlineakira_akuma
Φύσις κρύπτεσθαι ὕψιστος φιλεῖ

Loc: Onypeirophóros
Re: Fuck steam. [Re: blujay]
    #15369370 - 11/14/11 04:01 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

blujay said:
Quote:

Bretdaniel said:

I dunno, this is pretty stupid...

1.) You probably cheated. VAC is fairly reliable. Use more secure passwords. If you account got "hacked" it was because you let yourself get social-engineered and forfeited your password to someone who cheated for you.

2.) You can't get banned in a single player game anyway, VAC bans only ban you from the multi-player component of Source based games. For the record, in hundreds of hours of playing a dozen different Source based games online over years- I have seen two cheaters total. S0 it's totally worth it.

3.) Steam give me games at sale discounts up to 90% problem?

4.) Steam has changed a lot since 07'. It's more reliable now, and includes a social network / chat client / friends list.

Miss out on one of the best things to happen to gaming in gaming's history, go ahead. I have been a member of Steam from day #1 when there were two games available that weren't Valve's on the service. back in those days the software had a lot of legitimate issues you could claim about. But a VAC ban is fairly much your own fault. You used the same password/username combo as a web forum that got hacked, or something in those lines. Fuck, maybe you even had a keylogger installed. Learn to use a computer without compromising your security before you whine like a baby.

Oh wah wah the orange box. Pretty sure I picked that one up on sale for 5$.

*escapism through gaming*

InvisibleBretdaniel
Heavy Vibes

Re: Fuck steam. [Re: love2shpongleIRL]
    #15369375 - 11/14/11 04:03 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

love2shpongleIRL said:
Have you filed a support ticket? Steams customer service kicks ass. As I stated above, you do not have to be online constantly to play your games, only have to be online for intial activation. Log into steam and launch it in offline mode and all your stuff can be played without a connection.

It's been years since I used steam, I mean when it initally happened I contacted steam serveral times and they couldn't find out what happened and just suggested I made a new account, I mostly got pissed cause I just spent 50 bucks on orange box and now the game was useless.

Offlineblujay
pass it b*ch!
Male User Gallery

#15369750 - 11/14/11 05:42 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

There are threads like this literally every day in the VAC ban forum, and trust me, very rarely has the person whining ever been in the right. You fucked with the game files on a game that has VAC file validation so it banned you from online play. TF2 is free now (the multiplayer component of the Orange Box) and the other two games aren't multi-player. Retroactively, you lost nothing.

Next time keep your account secure (much easier to do with new Steam Guard)... and don't try to be a smartass and cheat the Source engine. VAC works very well.

--------------------

wat man rly

InvisibleBretdaniel
Heavy Vibes

#15369763 - 11/14/11 05:45 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

I had the game for 2 days, why would I be trying to change game files? Just cause you see this on steam threads doesn't mean anything. You're assuming because you don't want to believe that steam is anything but good.

Offlineblujay
pass it b*ch!
Male User Gallery

#15369774 - 11/14/11 05:47 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Bretdaniel said:
I know I didn't get banned playing single players, I started playing TF2 and went to bed, woke up and it said my steam account was banned. Also Blujay I am not whining It's just frustration of spending money on games and if something goes wrong you can't play them. As for your learn to use a computer remark that's just funny I am more than proficent at fixing and securing a computer, also it just doesn't seem right to make it that you have to constantly be online just to play your games. If something freak like that ever happens to you blujay I'd hope you'd remain calm, count your losses and continue to kiss steams ass.

Nothing like that will ever happen to me, because my user-names vary and my passwords are all different pseudo-random alpha-numeric strings; also I don't install hacks.

It's sad that we're required to have an internet connection. If that's the worst their DRM does- I am not complaining. I have been stuck without Steam because of no internet connection. Whoop. I went outside and tossed the footy those days. Video games are awesome, but they aint everything.

And I am definitely not "kissing ass" either. Like I said plain and clear- early on Steam was a bitch. lots of file validation failures and server issues. Countless times I have been fronted with issues caused by Steam. Steam isn't perfect, like everything in this world. Eventually things smoothed out, and now it's one of my favorite programs.

Blaming Steam for your VAC ban makes you look like a serious-business dipshit.

You fucked up. Maybe you should own up and tell the truth instead of making up some bullshit like a hundred other tweenagers who wanted aimbots do. In the years VAC has been going it hasn't banned very many people for cheating when they were innocent. I seem to remember there was a widespread issue that caused a large number of bans due to some system configuration thing, but they really quickly unraveled that mystery and unbanned all the appropriate accounts. Go try to make this same conversation on the VAC forum. You'll be the daily laughing stock.

Edited by blujay (11/14/11 05:50 PM)

Offlineblujay
pass it b*ch!
Male User Gallery

#15369800 - 11/14/11 05:53 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Bretdaniel said:
I had the game for 2 days, why would I be trying to change game files? Just cause you see this on steam threads doesn't mean anything. You're assuming because you don't want to believe that steam is anything but good.

Because Steam has nothing to do with VAC. You don't even know what you are fucking talking about.

Edited by blujay (11/14/11 06:05 PM)

InvisibleBretdaniel
Heavy Vibes

#15369845 - 11/14/11 06:03 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah blujay, you're an idiot. Cause It's impossible for someones account to be hacked and used for cheating. I didn't use the forums since it was my 2nd day ever using the steam service, I played TF2 online for a couple of hours, went to bed and woke up to play some HL2 and it told me I was banned. You're just another one of those forum dwelling game faggots who likes to take what people say and somehow turn it around and make it sound like they are cheating. You're probably the same type of gamer who gets pissed and reports everyone who has ever given you shit on a game or just flat out kicked your ass, cause obviously they would have to be cheating to do that. I played Quake III Arena online for years and was never banned once for cheating, so I was not gonna start anytime soon.

Offlineblujay
pass it b*ch!
Male User Gallery

#15369853 - 11/14/11 06:06 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Straight from Valve:

Quote:

I have received a VAC ban - why?

The following notification will display should you receive a VAC ban, indicating that a VAC ban is now in operation - "Your connection to this secure server has been rejected. Because of past cheating violations, you have been banned from playing on all secure services". If you receive the notification message outlined above, the VAC system has, based on its cheat signatures, detected a cheat operating on your system. As a result a VAC ban has been imposed and has come into operation to restrict you from joining VAC protected servers. It should be noted that VAC employs the use of delayed bans in order to disrupt the development process of cheats - a ban imposed today may have been the result of a cheat detected by VAC two weeks previously.

VAC is an automated program that detects registered cheat code signatures by cross referencing your source game's .gcf files with a database of know cheating methods. If you didn't modify your game files, there is no way your account could be banned.

If you did nothing and got banned, it's because someone else did the cheating for you by stealing your account. In which case your own security negligence caused the ban. You don't keep your computer clear of dubious processes, someone snatches your account, and uses it to cheat for a while on a box dedicated to just doing that. Either way it is your fault and VAC does not ban accounts that have not been detected with known cheat program signatures.

I am a computer scientist. My only job day in and out, is to study this stuff. The method VAC uses isn't new. It does not leave room for erroneous bans except for a few occasions where mistakes in it's code registry cause widespread issues which where then resolved. This program does not have the capacity to "just fuck up and ban one dude by accident" it does not have eggs in the morning and then decide to ban people for laughs. It is a set of absolute algorithms.

--------------------

wat man rly

Offlineblujay
pass it b*ch!
Male User Gallery

#15369859 - 11/14/11 06:08 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

VAC typically waits at least a week to ban you so cheaters have a difficult time verifying what's getting them banned. So it's fairly obvious you're full of shit.

Quote:

Bretdaniel said:

I don't "report" anyone for "cheating".

I ban them on the spot.

Sorry, loser.

You probably got your account hijacked because you're probably one of those people still using Kazaa or Limewire or some stupid shit, and your rig is probably a dusty old Gateway with the desktop so covered with icons and so many programs installed you don't even know what half your running processes are for.

You're lucky it was a video game and not your bank account.

--------------------

wat man rly

Edited by blujay (11/14/11 06:15 PM)

InvisibleBretdaniel
Heavy Vibes

#15369881 - 11/14/11 06:14 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

I've been saying my account was stolen the whole time. :smbfacepalm:

It's pretty obvious you work with computers also cause you're all a bunch of self-centered treat everyone like an idiot type of personality. Like I said you are one of those disliked kids who plays online cause if you're not doing the best then you'll ban whoever is doing better. You're pathetic dude, instead of assuming why don't you actually read and comprehend what others are saying. My computer at the time wasn't a gateway it was a computer I put together myself, Anyone with half a brain knows that torrent and p2p sites are nothing but a quick way to catch a nasty virus or trojan of the sorts if you're not careful with what you are downloading. Don't be so condescending any maybe someone will actually listen to what you have to say.

Offlineakira_akuma

#15370710 - 11/14/11 09:09 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

blujay is a pragmatist. she has "SEEN" the truth of the matter... so from her perspective, what you're saying can't be real. even if your perspective matters to her, (which it doesn't) she would have no choice but for you to solve your problem by yourself, resort back to this thread to justify her exclamations of rightness, and tell us all that you got banned for cheating.

because clearly, according to blujay, you cheated and are lying to us because, ya know, evil and stuff.

fighting against lies and evil, blujay has conquered yet again. :rolleyes:

InvisibleBretdaniel
Heavy Vibes

Re: Fuck steam. [Re: akira_akuma]
    #15370758 - 11/14/11 09:17 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Hopefully you're not serious. :facepalm:

Offlineakira_akuma

#15370763 - 11/14/11 09:18 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

i hope you're not so dumb as to believe that i am.:whistling:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Ythan, Anno, Thor, Link, Seuss, Shroomism, CookieCrumbs
4,664 topic views. 0 members, 1 guests and 0 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Print Topic | ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2022 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.051 seconds spending 0.015 seconds on 18 queries.