Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineKing Klick
That Guy Everyone Knows
Male User Gallery

Control On Shrooms
    #15364902 - 11/13/11 01:55 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I have never done a psychedelic before. (smoke weed though)I was wondering how is your self control on mushrooms? I assume it would depend on the level of trip i guess. Any input would be nice.

--------------------
Your god is dead, and I killed him.

When you’re lost, here I am. Forever with your soul

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinepsilocybinjunkieM
relaxin
Male

Re: Control On Shrooms [Re: King Klick]
    #15365101 - 11/13/11 02:34 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Your self control is fine, much better than on alcohol. Unless you take a large dose, then things will get out of control. But anything under 3 grams and you'll be fine :trippnballs:

OfflineKing Klick
That Guy Everyone Knows
Male User Gallery

Re: Control On Shrooms [Re: psilocybinjunkie]
    #15365107 - 11/13/11 02:36 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks man. Just the answer i was looking for

--------------------

OfflineSomeGuy
I feel better now :)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #15365231 - 11/13/11 03:01 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

It's not a lack of self-control that is dangerous, it's confusion. Last year a kid was shot to death after eating mushrooms and accidentally intering the wrong house. He thought he was home, but he wasn't and the guy shot him:sad:

Invisible4HO-DMT
 User Gallery

Loc: County Line Road
    #15366045 - 11/13/11 06:15 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

This guy shows how you can loose self-control

OfflineJacksonMetaller
Stranger

Re: Control On Shrooms [Re: 4HO-DMT]
    #15366072 - 11/13/11 06:34 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

really depends on the dose. my friends and i took roughly an 1/8 yesterday and lost our minds. it's not like we "couldn't" control ourselves but it was very very hard. reading and communicating with others was near impossible, moving took a lot of energy, the tendency to laugh was too great... but we managed. just don't put yourself in too crazy of a situation, or if you do don't take that much.

Offlinequebus
Stranger

#15366081 - 11/13/11 06:37 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Was thinking about this today as I worked through a shroom journey.  You won't do anything harmful to yourself or others.  It will be apparent to those around you that you are tripping.  I divide my trips into thirds.  I use a lemon/tea tek to consume dry shrooms. 

The trip starts after about 20 minutes,and the first hour is anxiety about the dosage and other things.  The high washes over you in a series of waves (the tide coming in) with some body load (physical stress). Shrooms bring out all types of anxieties then you let go and all is well. 

The next section is the peak and lasts for 90 minutes to two hours.  This is the mind-fuck section where reality takes on its own meaning.  I do solo trips with music and I get confused about the relationship between me, the music, the trip, reality...  Am I here for the music?  Is there something else that I'm missing?  Honestly, if my wife or one of my adult kids came upon me in this section, I'd be screwed.  Confession time - although my wife knows I enjoy a shroom trip.

Finally comes the wind-down and this lasts for 1 to 2 hours.  You can fake sober in this section.  You are sooooooooooo relaxed that your behaviour will seem askew to those that know you best.  I enjoy this part the most as you can bring back the high peaks.  It's almost as though the shroom high is leaving you in waves (the tide is going out).  Music is very enjoyable in this section.  You are more prone to LOL.

If you are trippin with a group, all bets are off.  I won't do that as there are too many factors effecting set and setting.  Start with a reasonable dose.

I don't plan anything after a trip.  My vision can play small tricks and I lose muscular acuity for 8+ hours. 

Let us know how it goes.

Edited by quebus (11/13/11 06:40 PM)

OfflineGlayvin
Desert Species
Male

Loc: Arizona, USA Flag
Re: Control On Shrooms [Re: SomeGuy]
    #15366142 - 11/13/11 06:53 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

paducahovoids said:
It's not a lack of self-control that is dangerous, it's confusion. Last year a kid was shot to death after eating mushrooms and accidentally intering the wrong house. He thought he was home, but he wasn't and the guy shot him:sad:

:trollhide:

Keep it under 3g your first time and you should be worry-free.

Offlineunderfliptown
I suck and you should kill me

Re: Control On Shrooms [Re: Glayvin]
    #15366180 - 11/13/11 07:04 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

On shrooms i tend to stop trying to control and just let go. This never leads me to any stupidity though, just good vibes.

Invisibleotherwhitemeat
Female User Gallery
Loc: Florida
    #15366227 - 11/13/11 07:18 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

physicist said:
This guy shows how you can loose self-control

please note that that guy claims he ate "a mushroom" that is legal, ancient, and grows in birch forests. the dude took amanita muscaria (a deliriant), not psilocybin.

tripping can be scary but it's not right to frighten people to expect that kind of reaction from psilocybin mushrooms.

phortre55 describes it well.

OfflinePOV
Aquatic Patterns
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: Control On Shrooms [Re: otherwhitemeat]
    #15366285 - 11/13/11 07:35 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Once you get to a certain dose you will lose control. It's not losing control though... It's hard to explain. You're still there, but you're in auto-pilot. Don't worry about it man, just dose up, let go and let the shrooms take you away. If it turns into a trainwreck, it'll be a good story to tell the grandkids.

--------------------
Love, Sincerity, Desire...

"If you're frightened of dying, and you're holding on, you'll see devils tearing your life away. But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the Earth."

"I am totally impressed with you people... Seriously, we live on a planet where we're very crammed together and I think we do really well. It's just when we watch the news and we watch entertainment... it's about peoples' conflicts tied together in the most exciting possible way."

OfflineTheChillMovement
Musician, Philosopher, Artist

Loc: ation unconfirmed
    #15366474 - 11/13/11 08:20 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Man, this one time, my buddy and I ate some without a sitter.  He had a horrible trip, so I had to control myself and calm him down for 4 hours.  I was able to do it, so yes, there is some element of control.

I do notice short term memory loss though and time lapses, so who knows what exactly I am doing in reality.

--------------------
I am a musician, a philosopher, an artist, a thinker.  I am one with you, as you are with me.  I am a peacemaker, a preacher, and a teacher.  Say no to violence, and do not harm your brothers and sisters.  Peace and love to you all, wherever you are!

Music:
Soundcloud: http://www.Soundcloud.com/the-chill-movement
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChillMovement?feature=mhee

Blogs:
Tumblr: http://www.thechillmovement.tumblr.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/chill_movement 

:flowerchild::cheers:

Invisibleotherwhitemeat
Female User Gallery
Loc: Florida
Re: Control On Shrooms [Re: TheChillMovement]
    #15366615 - 11/13/11 08:43 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

i'd say you can control unless the dose is high, but HAVING TO control is a bummer, not conducive to a good trip. i would never willingly get into a situation where i had to "act normal" while beshroomed.

Offlinehealing
Strangest
Female

Loc: the universe, the milky w...
Re: Control On Shrooms [Re: otherwhitemeat]
    #15366671 - 11/13/11 08:53 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Psychedelics don't usually make me behave strangely unless I've taken a large dose. Other than that, maintaining even the semblance of control outwardly is enough to keep others from suspecting that you might be on shrooms/whatever.

You may not have control over it, but you might find that you do not need to be in control. You can just let the mushies do their thing and enjoy the ride. No need to force the trip in one direction or another.

--------------------
Open mind, open heart, open book.

Offlinesmiley69
Kelly Ann Dover
 User Gallery

Re: Control On Shrooms [Re: healing]
    #15367618 - 11/14/11 12:45 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

yeah , in low doses it can be done easy, in higher doses you gota worry about the bizarre thought tangents. if your on a dose your getting visuals your usually gona have the heavy thought which can be trying at times

--------------------

OfflineILikeACID
Bass Head
Male User Gallery

#15367646 - 11/14/11 12:53 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

You will be in good control as long as you don't take to much for your first time. People here are saying keep it under 3gs well I went with that rule about a year ago with my buddy it was his first trip he took 2.3gs and eventually lost control for a bit and had a crazy trip(we were smoking chronic with him though before he lost it). If you plan on smoking weed while tripping I wouldn't take over 2.5gs. Everyone is different but it is your first time and there is no rush to experience the intense trips you can worry about that later. I would just take 2gs maybe 2.5 smoke some bud and chill with my friends and you will most likely have a blast. You are gunna love it man good vibes to ya.

Offlineshazoomies
Stranger
Re: Control On Shrooms [Re: ILikeACID]
    #15369450 - 11/14/11 02:29 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

You aren't going to lose your mind on a low to moderate dose of mushrooms, and almost everyone can usually handle themselves just fine.

Though everyone's definition of this dose is different because we're all affected differently, I would start out with a 2g trip to see how you personally react to mushrooms. From there you can always take more another time if it isn't intense enough for you.

A 2g mushroom trip for most people will not affect your decision making or confuse you very much at all. Certainly not enough to get yourself into real danger.

E: As an added note, please please please be careful if you plan to blaze while tripping. It immensely increases the confusion and anxiety that a trip can sometimes bring, so unless you are the kind of person who just constantly smokes pot, be careful with it.

Edited by shazoomies (11/14/11 02:30 PM)

Offlinewildchild68
lion in a coma
 User Gallery

#15370092 - 11/14/11 05:12 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

control is pretty paradoxical when you're tripping, i find.

the more you try to force control onto the experience, the less control you'll perceive.

--------------------

OfflineKing Klick
That Guy Everyone Knows
Male User Gallery

Re: Control On Shrooms [Re: wildchild68]
    #15370179 - 11/14/11 05:32 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Yah i was planning on splitting an 8th with a freind and maybe having a sitter. I love weed but the paranoia can kill me sometimes so i wasn't planning on mixing them

--------------------

Offlineunderfliptown
I suck and you should kill me

#15370204 - 11/14/11 05:37 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

lol i just control it to get more intense.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract