Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinefatjeff
Stranger
Problem... * 1
    #1536165 - 05/10/03 12:20 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Alright, I'm new here, but I have a couple questions.

A while back, I ordered a spore syringe from Sporeworks, and I proceeded to grow them. Things were looking good a couple months later, and I harvested. I dried my shrooms according to the guide on Shroomery, and I couldn't wait to try it. I had eaten shrooms before, but nothing had happened, so I thought this would be a lot better.

Anyway, today I decided to eat them. There were 3.5 grams dry. I put them in my mouth and chewed them well. I had not eaten the whole day, and I was getting excited. I had read nearly all the trip reports on Shroomery, and I was thinking this was going to be good.

The shrooms went down with little trouble, and I waited. One hour passed, I was still waiting. Two hours passed, and nothing had happened. Three hours later, when I still felt nothing, I was beginning to become a bit angry. This was the second time that I had failed to feel the effects, and 3.5 from what I understand is a pretty decent dose.

So I ask, is it possible for one to somehow be immune to shrooms? I don't know what's going on, but it's kind of frustrating. Oh yes, and the first time I ate them (the first failed attempt) was a couple months ago, so that shouldn't be a problem. So yeah, any suggestions?

Edited by fatjeff (05/10/03 12:21 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineShamanSean
the MilitantMind

Loc: CA, USA, the Bay Area
Re: Problem... [Re: fatjeff] * 1
    #1536295 - 05/10/03 01:32 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

that sux, i know someone who had the same shit happen to him he tried a few times. I didnt really kick it with this person often but ive known him for years and hed come to me and ask me questions cuz he knew that im into that shit. But last time i saw him he was goin around HELLA smiling and laughing tripping on peyote. I was happy he finnaly got to feel wat a trip of some sort feels like since he wanted to trip so hard.

Well, i dont know wat to tell u, maybe try tripping off somthing else ; order some hawaiian woodrose seeds and read up on them and consume and see if that works.

--------------------
"So take my advice and dont quit. Cuz if u do, you wont get shit - bitch! "

-Too Short

Offlinethestringphish
vajrayana

Loc: on my way to another plac...
    #1536296 - 05/10/03 01:34 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

You're not going to be immune to shrooms, but you may have a higher tollerance than most, but 3.5 still should have been enough, if they were p.cubensis. Which leads to the critical question of the matter, what kind of shrooms were they? 3.5 grams will not by any means do the trick with all species.

--------------------
Ken Wilbur

"this is life changing"

welcomehome

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

Re: Problem... [Re: thestringphish] * 1
    #1536298 - 05/10/03 01:38 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

How exactly did you dry them? And what kind of shrooms did you ingest the time you first tripped off shrooms?

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

OfflineViveka
refutation bias
 User Gallery

#1537792 - 05/10/03 08:21 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I had the same problem the first time " I " grew. My first dose was about 3 grams dry and i got the mildest body buzz possible. My next, a few weeks later, was at least an eigth dry and i got NOTHIN. I concluded that it was the growing method. Did you use a brown rice flour substrate? " I " did and the shrooms " I " harvested were nothing like ones i've bought before. " I " am going to grow with millet next time and i'm sure that willm ake all the difference. The first strain " I " gre was Thai Lipi Yai. You're right, an eigth should make you trip, it always has me when i've paid for them. And if you truly are FatJeff, you may need a higher dose to trip.

Disclaimer: By " I ", I mean a small furry woodland animal.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Problem... [Re: Viveka] * 1
    #1537810 - 05/10/03 08:34 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

The first fruit I ever ate were PF-race, PF-style cakes from before his mutation problems using BRF. I consumed around 8g fresh which took me to a good strong level 3. My friend, the only one of us that had eaten mushrooms before, though it had been many years, ate around 12g fresh and was in a mid level 4 trying to deal with paranoia. His GF ate around 4g fresh and had a nice mild level 1 trip.

The fruit was about as fresh as it gets. They got picked from the cakes, weighed, and tossed into the blender with some oj. The weights are aproximate because we split it out by volume after everything was blended together.

I personally cannot tell the difference in strength from a mushroom grown on BRF vs one grown on dung, millet, or anything else. There is a slight difference in taste, but that might be in my head.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineViveka
refutation bias
 User Gallery

Re: Problem... [Re: Seuss] * 1
    #1538153 - 05/10/03 10:49 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

hmmmmm......
I wonder how uniform a dose you can really get from blending up a bunch of mush then dividing it out by liquid volume.....
When i said an eighth dried, i meant that's how much the fresh mushrooms i consumed would have wieghed dried. I should have said 35 fresh grams. So, yeah, i ate my homegrown fresh as well. But with very dissapointing (basically zero) results. Most of the harvesting was done when the caps were about horizontal, maybe they should have been pulled a bit earlier......
We're yours still closed cap when you harvested?

Invisibleutopianglory
Spunkmuffin
    #1538333 - 05/11/03 12:49 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I can assure you that it is not the fact you used BRF.

I guess it is possible to grow shrooms that sometimes randomly don't produce actives. I would suspect that might be your problem. Unless you stored the dried matter for a long time before dosing.

It is all speculation though of course. You do hear this story every now and again here on the shroomery though so it is not altogether uncommon to happen. There is usually a question of whether what they consumed was an active ingredient containing mushroom though.

Offlinethe spiral
Neuroscientist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Problem... [Re: utopianglory] * 1
    #1538349 - 05/11/03 12:56 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

later flushes are often more potent, too.

--------------------

"A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism." - Carl Sagan

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #1538599 - 05/11/03 04:40 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

We're yours still closed cap when you harvested?

I honestly cannot remember. I am pretty sure that they had not dropped spores yet, but the caps had opened up.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale