Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleLucidDream
Hungry BlueFiend
 User Gallery

Loc: Planet of the Stupid Peop...
I didn't...
    #1536254 - 05/10/03 03:02 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I didn't like the mushrooms; everything was too much of a suchness. Too perfect. The initial bliss gave way to criticism of god. The electricity flowed through me, and I was part of a circuit, with electric bliss the closed circuit I could not escape from. Hardwired into me was the code, the diagram of perfection that I could not stand. I stood naked before myself and shivered in a cold light of stupefaction: I am not the cypher - I am the naked beast, independent and incomplete, and gratefully so. Not for me, the godhead...I leave it to the rainbows. I lurk in the shadows of the campfire, lazy but watchful, mindful of the embers...

It's 2 am
the fear is gone...

--------------------
Sarcasm just one of my many talents.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineEarth_Droid
Stranger
Re: I didn't... [Re: LucidDream]
    #1536265 - 05/10/03 03:08 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

If you didn't like them, it wouldn't be bliss.

Offlinethestringphish
vajrayana

Loc: on my way to another plac...
Re: I didn't... [Re: Earth_Droid]
    #1536274 - 05/10/03 03:16 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

If you didn't like them, it wouldn't be bliss.

Not necessarily, when shrooming you can experience pure bliss, but if you do not let go and embrace it, it will be too much, and will be unenjoyable.

Quote:

too much of a suchness

:grin:

I've often used this exact phrase to try to describe a trip, and i still have no idea what it means exactly. 

--------------------
Ken Wilbur

"this is life changing"

welcomehome

InvisibleLucidDream
Hungry BlueFiend
 User Gallery

Re: I didn't... [Re: thestringphish]
    #1536279 - 05/10/03 03:21 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Actually, it wasn't so bad, hehe
It was so perfect I hated it. I've always reserved the right to hate perfection.

--------------------

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1536304 - 05/10/03 03:43 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

"too much of a suchness"

heh this reminds me of a time I was tripping with a couple friends, and we had a guy who was kind of a "newbie" (3rd trip, 2nd REAL trip if that makes sense..), and during the onset he seemed a bit frustrated and eventually said "somebody should make up some words for how this feels.. i can't QUITE describe it" heh and I replied with "oh we all know the words, and they're always riiigghhhttttttt on the ttttiiiiiiipppp of your tongue" heh and after I said that I (of course) realized how true that felt to me, how the whole trip I (and others I've spoken with..) ALMOST :wink: want to stand up and shout something that says IT, something that encapsulates the experience (not just the psychedelic experience, THE EXPERIENCE..), maybe just "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!" woah lol I almost feel like I'm tripping just writing about it :wink: but anyway my other experienced friend said "What you mean 'WOW?'" lol and that's been my favorite word for it ever since.. WOW and NOW come to mind on every trip now heh {/end rant}

"The initial bliss gave way to criticism of God."

hey come on that's not so bad :wink: Its never too late to turn around :-D and hey if you're a believer, you must understand that many religious people have amazing religious experiences on psychedelics, so uhh feel free to look/ask for that (not too hard..) on any future trips you may take :smile:

"The electricity flowed through me, and I was part of a circuit." That's a cool description - I've had some very electric/digital? experiences..

"Hardwired into me was the code, the diagram of perfection that I could not stand."

really makes you realize how restless and active mankind is, if I at least semi-understand what those memes mean :wink:

"I am the naked beast, independent and incomplete, and gratefully so. Not for me, the godhead...I leave it to the rainbows. I lurk in the shadows of the campfire, lazy but watchful, mindful of the embers...

It's 2 am
the fear is gone..."

pretty poetic stuff man :smile: :cool:

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Edited by Strumpling (05/10/03 03:44 AM)

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
    #1537037 - 05/10/03 03:12 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

LucidDream: I stood naked before myself and shivered in a cold light of stupefaction: I am not the cypher - I am the naked beast, independent and incomplete, and gratefully so. Not for me, the godhead...I leave it to the rainbows. I lurk in the shadows of the campfire, lazy but watchful, mindful of the embers...

If you wrote that... bravo. No, really.

It is the beast, that dances.
It is the beast, that wanders, wondering.

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

InvisibleLucidDream
Hungry BlueFiend
 User Gallery

Re: I didn't... [Re: Sclorch]
    #1537728 - 05/10/03 09:35 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Thank you. I think I was channeling Hunter Thompson, hehe. It was a good ride.

But I find that there is a point at which it all becomes too insistent. Stringphish stressed letting go, but at a certain point it doesn't let you let go. It really was as though I had stuck my hands on live wires with my feet in a bucket of water. An unending surge of some strange power. I was amped. Not unpleasant, really, just very intense and tiring after a few hours. A bit less next time...

--------------------

Edited by LucidDream (05/10/03 09:38 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology