Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
not wrong, just not right
    #1535221 - 05/09/03 06:10 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

many wise men of history have pondered knowledge, and how we can obtain true knowledge... how we can 'know' anything really... some of these men have even come up with widely accepted theories... some speculated that "we can never truly know anything," others have said that analysis and careful perception shall show us the path to true knowledge, others even went so far into confusion that they speculated that all knowledge given by divine inspiration only can be true, and still others have assumed simply that their own knowledge is correct and not that of another man's, all these are viable speculations, but for all of, or any of them to be correct about the true nature of true knowledge, one would have to assume above all that another is wrong, giving you the preconceived knowledge that you are right and thereby subjecting you to the same variable of being totally wrong, as the person you are believing to be wrong, so one has to again take the middle path in this argument, and say that; what any man takes proper observation of, and assumes to be true is true knowledge to him, but not to others, and that if his knowledge is likely, or possible that he may be right, but not that he is, for it is inevitable that you too shall have a true knowledge implanted in your brain, so in all actuality, knowledge is relative to perception, and that not all perspectives can be observed, so by another man's observation, unless totally misinformed, that he has the same amount of information than you, and that you are both just as right as you believe you are, though, if another man is not as informed, or you are in the position that his knowledge is no longer likely, then you find that it is not that he is wrong, but simply that he is not right, and that when showing someone their fault in opinion or knowledge, in treatment that they are not wrong, you show simply that they are not wrong, but simply that they are not right... never attempt to show that you are right in respect to the illusive knowledge that can only be known by our perception and speculation of the world we live in.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: not wrong, just not right [Re: 2Experimental]
    #1535309 - 05/09/03 06:54 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

never attempt to show that you are right in respect to the illusive knowledge that can only be known by our perception and speculation of the world we live in

Good example!  :smile:

In a similiar light, I have always wondered how a sound which I make, such as shouting f-ck, can get me in trouble when it is your perception of the word that is at fault?  Did I make such as sound is offensive, or did you infer that the sound was offensive and decide that I should be punished for my misdeed?

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Offlinethestringphish
vajrayana

Loc: on my way to another plac...
Re: not wrong, just not right [Re: 2Experimental]
    #1536288 - 05/10/03 03:27 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

but for all of, or any of them to be correct about the true nature of true knowledge, one would have to assume above all that another is wrong

Why? I don't think so. There can be more than one right.

--------------------
Ken Wilbur

"this is life changing"

welcomehome

Invisibletak_old
Endo Smoke

Loc: State of confusion
Re: not wrong, just not right [Re: thestringphish]
    #1538493 - 05/11/03 04:28 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I believe if you honestly think something is right without the influence of other man and society, then it is correct. If its not right, I simply see it as left :wink: Or maybe up down or all around.

Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
Re: not wrong, just not right [Re: tak_old]
    #1539271 - 05/11/03 05:24 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

or maybe side to side? and over and under? hmmmmmm

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology