Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleSHiZNO
-

Ambulance!!!!!!!
    #1535119 - 05/09/03 03:33 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

A trip sitter wants to know under what conditions should she call an ambulance for the tripper? she said she would if i passed out, but i told her lots of people have passed out and it wasnt anything big???...she still insists tho!!...any suggestions??

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleOctopusDr
Octi Doci

Re: Ambulance!!!!!!! [Re: SHiZNO]
    #1535128 - 05/09/03 03:35 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I say check vital signs.

OfflineDailyPot
Trip'n Time

Loc: Florida
Re: Ambulance!!!!!!! [Re: OctopusDr]
    #1535152 - 05/09/03 03:44 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

If it looks like you're dieing or in physical danger.
If you passout then she should check breathing, pulse, etc and try to wake you up. I haven't heard on many people passing out...

OfflineShamanSean
the MilitantMind

Loc: CA, USA, the Bay Area
Re: Ambulance!!!!!!! [Re: DailyPot]
    #1535216 - 05/09/03 04:06 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

i dont think u should use this person as ur sitter. It sounds like she is gonna overreact to anything that happens and is prably only going to unknowingly annoy u , anger you, possibly scare you and make u overreact as well, ect. A sitter should preferably be someone who has done shrooms b4 and knows wat your going through.

Ive never used a sitter. I find that being around ne one who isnt trippin while ur tripping is a bad idea. They ask too many questions, they ask stupid questions, they will keep looking and staring at u, they might even try to mess with u. Ive only had a few bad trips, all u gotta do to get through them is think positive, remember its over in about 4 hours, watch cartoons, or jus deal with it for the duration. However, the chances are slim that you will even have a bad trip if you jus chill by yourself ina calm safe enviornment, ditch this friend of urs cuz shes alrdy got the thoughts of havin a bad trip goin through your head, you dont wanna think about that shit when ur trippin.

--------------------
"So take my advice and dont quit. Cuz if u do, you wont get shit - bitch! "

-Too Short

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #1535284 - 05/09/03 04:44 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

If the person starts to have trouble breathing, or stops breathing, a call to the hospital is in order. Passing out is rare, and is usually coupled with seizures. I cannot give advice here, other than to use your best judgement and don't panic.

I have been a trip sitter in a situation where a person took over 1.2g of pure DXM. It is a hard call, as a sitter, to know what to do. In this case no help was needed, though the fellow had a pretty rough ride. He was lucky because I had experience with what he was going through and knew that he would be fine. If what he was going through went beyond what I had experienced, I would have called for help.

It is best to have a sitter that has experienced the drug in question and knows what you are going through. An inexperienced sitter may be worse than no sitter at all in some cases.

I am not a medical doctor and this not medical advice. Play safe and have fun.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Offlinethelox
Re: Ambulance!!!!!!! [Re: Seuss]
    #1535312 - 05/09/03 04:54 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

The only problem is I find it common in bad trips or bad trip moments
that I think my throat has swwelled and I'm not breathing. Then having to be conscious of my breathing out of fear of dying.
That's happened about 3 times out of about 50 or more trips.

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

#1535365 - 05/09/03 05:19 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Call the hosptial if: Severe breathing problems occur, persons body breaks out into a rash and has a temp above 101, bleeding in urine or stool, multiple seizures occur and or the person is a danger to his/herself or people around you.

The chances of any of these occuring and alomst non existant.

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

OfflineSeussA

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Ambulance!!!!!!! [Re: thelox]
    #1535375 - 05/09/03 05:23 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

With the DXM he was going through the hot flash, puke, cold flash cycle for a few hours.  He was only slightly lucid and would fade in and out.  I kept him covered with a blanket during the chills, and made sure he didn't choke on his vomit.  When the hot flashes kicked in, I would rip off the blanket and get the bucket ready.  I kept an eye on his breathing and tried to get him to drink a little water whenever he was lucid enough.  I was not 100% sober myself, which made for an interesting night.  :smile:

--------------------

OfflineLostMetropolis
A Stranger AmongStrangers

Loc: In The Machine
    #1535457 - 05/09/03 05:54 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Shit. That doesn't sound fun. Guess I'm not trying dxm for sure, not that I was going to anyway.

--------------------
"Not All Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien

OfflineSeussA

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Ambulance!!!!!!! [Re: LostMetropolis]
    #1535976 - 05/09/03 10:35 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Shit. That doesn't sound fun. Guess I'm not trying dxm for sure, not that I was going to anyway.

He took a monster dosage... around twice of what he should have. There seem to be two types of people when it comes to DXM... those that love it and those that hate it. I am in the later group and finding the the negative side effects not worth the positive effects (are there positive effects -grin-). The people that love it can easily start to abuse it, the same as many other drugs. Don't base your opinion of a substance based on something one person writes. The war-on-drugs is trying to let the media think for us; don't be a pawn! Read both the pros and cons that people report and make an educated guess as to how you will handle the substance. If you decide that the risks are worth trying it at some point, be sure to search the net and read the FAQ first.

Peace and Good Health

--------------------

Offlineicewall
journeyman
    #1536897 - 05/10/03 11:52 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

u alwqays want a trip sitter to be just as experienced or more experienced then u are especially a person who knows what a bad trip is like, otherwise ur tripsitter may get confused and not know what to do, or WORSE..... panic!

be smart and realize that even the most experienced drug user can die or be damaged from a drug. if ur smart enuf u will use a substance RARELY and look at life sober for 90% of the year, otherwise things just seem kinda boring without breaking free of reality.

and for god SAKES!!!! people need to stop taking this triple c crap AKA corcidin..... i dont think they realize what its doing to their liver and brain!

just keep safe and stay smart isd what i say.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order