Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibledwpineal
Psychedelic Artist
 User Gallery

Dragonfly: New deadly designer drug
    #15348612 - 11/10/11 06:47 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

http://www.azfamily.com/news/health/Dragonfly-New-deadly-designer-drug-133570708.html

Dragonfly: New deadly designer drug

azfamily.com

Posted on November 9, 2011 at 4:17 PM

Updated yesterday at 4:21 PM

PHOENIX -- A new designer drug called Dragonfly has sent several young people to the hospital across the country. It’s perfectly legal and it's also incredibly dangerous.

“As long as I got my marijuana feel or high, to me it was OK,” Randall Smith said.

Smith is addicted to spice. It’s a synthetic drug that mimics marijuana.

“It's just as strong as marijuana, if not stronger,” Smith continued.

The 34-year-old has been smoking it for the last two years. But when he hit rock bottom, Smith sought treatment at Journey Healing Centers in Scottsdale.

“It's becoming easier and easier for this savvy generation of kids to get their hands on these drugs,” Dr. Ravi Chandiramani said.

Chandiramani is the center's corporate medical director.

Earlier this year the Drug Enforcement Administration put fake pot products like spice and bath salts on its emergency banned list, but now there is a new designer drug emerging called Dragonfly.

“It was actually manufactured as a research chemical in rats, believe it or not, but somehow people have got their hands on it mostly through the Internet,” Chandiramani said. “It acts like LSD so they use it for hallucinate properties and what we know is it causes a really long trip.”

The doctor said it can come in a pill form or blotters. Blotters are where a piece of paper is soaked in the drug and then put under the tongue.

“It's something that has caused people to find their way into the emergency room and it's very highly toxic, even in very small doses,” Chandiramani said.

Dr. Frank LoVecchio with Banner Poison Center said they've treated patients who have taken similar types of drugs.

“No one knows the proper dose, so the best thing to do is stay away from these medications and drugs,” LoVecchio said.

And if anyone knows what designer drugs can do, it’s Smith and he has some advice for young people.

“Talk to someone about it, get online, get somebody that's in a program and just have a good sitdown with them and [have them] tell you all the side effects,” he said.

For more information on Journey Healing Centers, log onto www.journeycenters.com or call 1-866-535-8962.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleredeyesmj
werdo
Male User Gallery

Loc: Middle of kansas
Re: Dragonfly: New deadly designer drug [Re: dwpineal]
    #15348642 - 11/10/11 07:07 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

are they talking about bromodragonfly?? if so this is a buch of shit,  it makes its rounds but it is extremly hard to find.

--------------------
Where am I at?

[/url]
“To be godless is probably the first step to innocence," he said, "to lose the sense of sin and subordination, the false grief for things supposed to be lost."
So by innocence you mean not an absence of experience, but an absence of illusions."
An absence of need for illusions," he said. "A love of and respect for what is right before your eyes.”― Anne Rice, The Vampire Lestat

Offlinetrophycase
Dickface

Re: Dragonfly: New deadly designer drug [Re: redeyesmj]
    #15348678 - 11/10/11 07:21 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

redeyesmj said:
are they talking about bromodragonfly?? if so this is a buch of shit,  it makes its rounds but it is extremly hard to find.

They must be talking about bromo-dragonfly. That's funny. They don't even know the real name of it. I've done it before. It's not even that intense. It only becomes dangerous when idiots think it's acid and eat 10 tabs of it.

Quote:

it's very highly toxic, even in very small doses

There's no way that this guy could know this for sure.  :rolleyes:

--------------------
All of the cultivation photos uploaded by this account were taken in an area of the globe where such practices are legal and uninhibited.

InvisibleViruk
Stranger
Re: Dragonfly: New deadly designer drug [Re: trophycase]
    #15348848 - 11/10/11 08:16 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

We were getting some "acid" from the local university. After tripping 36 hours we found out if was bromo-dragonfly. Mimics weed my ass, more like mimics LSD except 3 hours to come up 36 hours to come down, so it's LSDx3.
Bromo-Dragonfly is by no means good for you either. I had this terrible tingling/prickly pain in my fingers, turns out it cuts off circulation in the capillaries, usually shows up as black fingertips and toes.
I didn't get that far, but I could definitely see that happening if you took a larger dose.

OfflineLord_McLovin
mad scientist on shrooms
Male User Gallery

Loc: infinite dimensional void
Re: Dragonfly: New deadly designer drug [Re: trophycase]
    #15348857 - 11/10/11 08:20 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

trophycase said:
Quote:

it's very highly toxic, even in very small doses

There's no way that this guy could know this for sure.  :rolleyes:

Noone knows anything for sure about these substances - obviously the guy who wrote the article cannot even name it.

Quote:

“Talk to someone about it, get online, get somebody that's in a program and just have a good sitdown with them and [have them] tell you all the side effects,” he said.

That won't make "them" high. They want to get high and as you can see they find a way. Start realizing that it is drug prohibition, which fuels the usage of such unknown and potentially dangerous (due to a huge lack of information) substances.

Why do so many people have problems using their brain nowadays?
:wtfsonic:

--------------------
Stand up. You're not alone.

Offlinetrophycase
Dickface

Re: Dragonfly: New deadly designer drug [Re: Viruk]
    #15348878 - 11/10/11 08:27 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Viruk said:
We were getting some "acid" from the local university. After tripping 36 hours we found out if was bromo-dragonfly. Mimics weed my ass, more like mimics LSD except 3 hours to come up 36 hours to come down, so it's LSDx3.
Bromo-Dragonfly is by no means good for you either. I had this terrible tingling/prickly pain in my fingers, turns out it cuts off circulation in the capillaries, usually shows up as black fingertips and toes.
I didn't get that far, but I could definitely see that happening if you took a larger dose.

Correction: It's only dangerous when idiots SELL IT AS ACID and then users take more than they should. That's when it becomes dangerous. A  proper dose would not make you feel like your circulation is cut off except maybe a little. I've heard that you start to feel it at around 1mg, and in my experience, there's no reason to take that much.

--------------------
All of the cultivation photos uploaded by this account were taken in an area of the globe where such practices are legal and uninhibited.

Offlinedownlowfunk
Retired Festival Veteran
Male

Loc: Physical Realm
Re: Dragonfly: New deadly designer drug [Re: Lord_McLovin]
    #15348890 - 11/10/11 08:31 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

My mg scale is accurate within 3mg which is fine for measuring some RCs.  This stuff is measured in ug. 
http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/bromo_dragonfly/bromo_dragonfly_dose.shtml

I watched Dr Oz during the after school timeslot doing his  "dragonfly" episode.

They showed a website (name blocked out) where you could order dragonfly for $135 a gram.

One interesting quote from the Doc.  "Last year it was bath salts, this year it is DragonFly."      It shows that not much research goes into some of these television segments

Edited by downlowfunk (11/10/11 08:51 AM)

InvisibleHashbuble
Mycocentric Mutha Fucker
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Dragonfly: New deadly designer drug [Re: downlowfunk]
    #15348895 - 11/10/11 08:35 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

My aunt works in poison control. She gets calls on this all the time. 5 kids already died. SMOKE POT it is illeagal but al least it dosent kill you!!!

--------------------
The mushrooms just keep following me

Offlinebdub
Drug Nerd
Male User Gallery

Re: Dragonfly: New deadly designer drug [Re: Hashbuble]
    #15348935 - 11/10/11 08:57 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

It seems unlikely to me that they're talking about bromo-dragonfly, I just can't see it catching on enough to become a problem for the general public. It sounds more like they're talking about another incense blend that coincidentally is called "dragonfly" because they refer to marijuana like highs and smoking the substance. Of course they might also be talking about bromo-dragonfly, it's really unclear.

--------------------
Drug to do list:
Marijuana, LSA, Alcohol, Psilocybin, Salvia, LSD, Methylone, MDMA, MDA, 4-AcO-DMT, 2C-E, 2C-I, 25C-NBOMe, 6-APB, 4-FA, 2C-B, 5-MeO-MiPT, MXE, DOC, Mescaline, n,n-DMT, DiPT (yeah, that's right, DiPT)

OfflineKizzle
Misanthrope
 User Gallery

Re: Dragonfly: New deadly designer drug [Re: Hashbuble] * 2
    #15348939 - 11/10/11 09:00 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

That poor 34 year old kid.

OfflineOdd_Nonposter
Unrecognizable
Male

Loc: Ohio Flag
Re: Dragonfly: New deadly designer drug [Re: Kizzle]
    #15348971 - 11/10/11 09:12 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Holy crap, this article sound like it was written by an eighth grader.
And it doesn't look like anybody paid attention to copy editing, either.

Another misinformed idiot trying to communicate to uninformed idiots.

OfflineNullface

Loc: USA Flag
Re: Dragonfly: New deadly designer drug [Re: Odd_Nonposter]
    #15349170 - 11/10/11 10:06 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Well in the video there is a picture of Google with search results for 'bromo-dragonfly'.

Offlineteamkiller
ghetto drama whore
 User Gallery

Re: Dragonfly: New deadly designer drug [Re: Nullface]
    #15349239 - 11/10/11 10:28 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

wow you guys are retarded.  this is like the only ok written article posted.

all they said is people buy it from the internet, its like lsd, it lasts a long time, and there is no proper dosage.

All of that is true.  Holy shit you guys are a bunch of trolls.

big surprise they left off the bromo part of the name so readers could understand it.

--------------------

Invisible5-HT2A
Re: Dragonfly: New deadly designer drug [Re: Nullface]
    #15349249 - 11/10/11 10:31 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Bromo dragonfly is not a cannabinoid, it's a psychedelic. Smoke some fly and say goodbye. And anyhow, this stuff is not widely available as I understand it. There are other substances with similar potency available that have more desirable effects and a more palatable dose-response curve.

Offlinebholzer
quasi-scientist

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Dragonfly: New deadly designer drug [Re: bdub]
    #15349271 - 11/10/11 10:37 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

This seems kind of fishy. I was under the impression that bromo-dragonfly was almost extinct these days. Maybe it's another dragonfly-esque chem?

Quote:

bdub said:
It seems unlikely to me that they're talking about bromo-dragonfly, I just can't see it catching on enough to become a problem for the general public. It sounds more like they're talking about another incense blend that coincidentally is called "dragonfly" because they refer to marijuana like highs and smoking the substance. Of course they might also be talking about bromo-dragonfly, it's really unclear.

I think they were talking about the spice guy to show how easy synthetics can be attained. Horrible writing in this article.

--------------------

Use these substances wisely, they have the ability to cause life altering realizations.

InvisibleHashbuble
Mycocentric Mutha Fucker
 User Gallery

Re: Dragonfly: New deadly designer drug [Re: bholzer]
    #15349631 - 11/10/11 12:04 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Chemist can make tons of it fairly easy. Everytime something becomes illegal they just change something in the chemical structure and walllah an ew drug with slightly different effects and is legal for now. Check out Alexander Shulgin The Father of MDMA omong many other things

--------------------
The mushrooms just keep following me

Invisiblemikehauncho
Female

Re: Dragonfly: New deadly designer drug [Re: Hashbuble]
    #15350030 - 11/10/11 01:14 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Hashbuble said:
Chemist can make tons of it fairly easy. Everytime something becomes illegal they just change something in the chemical structure and walllah an ew drug with slightly different effects and is legal for now. Check out Alexander Shulgin The Father of MDMA omong many other things

lol ya, chemists working in a university lab maybe... sadly most illicit chemists don't have the know how to restructure molecules (correctly) let alone find a novel synthesis to create them

Invisiblepwnasaurus
Stranger
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: Dragonfly: New deadly designer drug [Re: mikehauncho]
    #15350853 - 11/10/11 04:03 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

mikehauncho said:
Quote:

Hashbuble said:

lol ya, chemists working in a university lab maybe... sadly most illicit chemists don't have the know how to restructure molecules (correctly) let alone find a novel synthesis to create them

Well fortunately we're not talking about anything illicit here.  We were talking about legal alternatives to illegal drugs, and I can pretty much guarantee you they're being cranked out in large quantities by very, very well equipped labs and excellent chemists.  The companies make enough money, I'm sure they can afford the good shit.

InvisibleOgla
 User Gallery

Re: Dragonfly: New deadly designer drug [Re: pwnasaurus]
    #15352368 - 11/10/11 07:58 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

They gotta b talking Bout bromo-dragonfly and not some cannaboid.

Offlinefapjack
Title
 User Gallery

Loc: Central New Jersey
Re: Dragonfly: New deadly designer drug [Re: teamkiller]
    #15353065 - 11/10/11 10:37 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

teamkiller said:
wow you guys are retarded.  this is like the only ok written article posted.

all they said is people buy it from the internet, its like lsd, it lasts a long time, and there is no proper dosage.

All of that is true.  Holy shit you guys are a bunch of trolls.

big surprise they left off the bromo part of the name so readers could understand it.

This article is shit and you don't know what the hell you are talking about.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order