Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineshamanamba Happy Birthday!
The Shaman
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Replantation experiment, turned grow log! =D Harvest time! PICS
    #15346716 - 11/09/11 07:52 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

the other night, when i was washing my cakes off before dunking, a little fruit fell off the side of the cake. I stuck the base of the little shroom into the surface of one of my other cakes in the FC. The shroom has successfully reattached itself and started growing again. I was going to search for info about this but I have no idea what to type into the search field.

So is there a popular term for this?

--------------------
The Shaman

Edited by shamanamba (11/13/11 03:42 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSteezMe
Mugan
Male User Gallery

Loc: Hell on earth
Re: Is there a correct term for this? [Re: shamanamba]
    #15346826 - 11/09/11 08:13 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

this is the first time ive ever seen anyone do that with success.. got pics? maybe a before and after?

--------------------

InvisibleMystiqueMushroom

Loc: PNW
    #15346838 - 11/09/11 08:15 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I had no idea this was possible, interesting!:shocked:

--------------------
https://youtu.be/np5Oi1dyO1k

Offlinejimmyjame1
Lover
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Is there a correct term for this? [Re: SteezMe]
    #15346846 - 11/09/11 08:16 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

that would be a wonderful success and probibly possible

--------------------
:nyan:Link to My Journaland My Trade List :nyan:

LOVE PEACE AND BEAUTIFUL MUSIC.

InvisibleWarrior
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: DedSec fsociety
    #15346851 - 11/09/11 08:17 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

wow that's pretty cool!

--------------------
Play Clash of Clans? Join the Shroomery clan!

OfflineSteezMe
Mugan
Male User Gallery

Loc: Hell on earth
Re: Is there a correct term for this? [Re: Warrior]
    #15346856 - 11/09/11 08:18 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

ive heard of people tacking their broken ones on with success. but never a transplant. but i guess if you caught it early enough i dont see why it couldnt work.

--------------------

OfflineKoD
Vive liber
Male

Re: Is there a correct term for this? [Re: SteezMe]
    #15347319 - 11/09/11 09:46 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

We need to replicate for science to accept it
:goodluck:

InvisibleMunchauzen
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Is there a correct term for this? [Re: KoD]
    #15347659 - 11/09/11 11:10 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Yes, this has been discovered. Still waiting on the response back if they can swap from cake to cake though.
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/15119637#15119637

OfflineSan
Novice
Male User Gallery

Re: Is there a correct term for this? [Re: Munchauzen]
    #15347790 - 11/09/11 11:54 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Fungi are very modular organisms, so if you knocked up your substrate with an isolated organism then this is probable, since the fruit and the mycelium will get along well together.

It also helps that the fruiting body will continue to grow and mature after it's picked, slowly eating itself and converting stalk/cap hyphae to mycelium in an attempt to re-attach itself.

I'm not sure if there's a name for the trait that allows it to do this, but it is more noticeable in various families/genus/species

--------------------
Actually not everyone was a noob.  Being a noob is a very new phenomenon.  Many people, the great majority in fact, were simply "beginners", "novices" or "new to mushroom growing".  Being a "noob" is reserved, and in fact created specifically for and by, the newer, much more lame generations coming about.

-Shpongle1

OfflineSan
Novice
Male User Gallery

Re: Is there a correct term for this? [Re: San]
    #15347836 - 11/10/11 12:08 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

You could also describe them as having "Fluid" growth cycles, since they can revert to a previous state of being as a means of reaching their final mature state. Fungi are described as "Modular" as opposed to "Unitary". Modular organisms are characterized by having repetitions of small sections.

Examples are:

Corral
Fungi
Plants that reproduce by cloning
Moss?

What really allows it to do this (Reattach) is a combination of having a fluid growth cycle and being modular in nature.

--------------------
Actually not everyone was a noob.  Being a noob is a very new phenomenon.  Many people, the great majority in fact, were simply "beginners", "novices" or "new to mushroom growing".  Being a "noob" is reserved, and in fact created specifically for and by, the newer, much more lame generations coming about.

-Shpongle1

Edited by San (11/10/11 12:35 AM)

OfflineXFINITY
Not a noob just quiet
Male User Gallery

Loc: 33*44'43.5N 117*55'08.2W
    #15348320 - 11/10/11 03:40 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

The term is Replantation and relates to reattaching living tissue to the host, it is most commonly used in medical terms for reattaching limbs and other body parts. Plants and other organisms that regenerate quickly may also be facilitated by replantation.

The Shaman
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Is there a correct term for this? [Re: XFINITY]
    #15348368 - 11/10/11 04:29 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

well heres the pic. You can see a pin on the other side of the cake that I just "replanted" today. There's another little pin on there from today but its not visible. The larger one seen in the picture  was from a few days ago. It wasn't all "popeye arm" shaped when I replanted it. It's about doubled in size since replantation though so I know its working. I'll keep you guys posted and let u know how it develops.

--------------------
The Shaman

The Shaman
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #15348388 - 11/10/11 04:43 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I'm trying to piece together a way of getting at least some use out of jars that have been contaminated with patchy things like trich. The two little pins were transplanted from a fully colonized jar that had a spot of it. I birthed the contaminated cake under water out in the back yard and used tweezers to pluck off the pins while still holding it under water. Then spooned off the contaminated patch and placed the cakes in an isolated out door FC. Just washed off the pins with running tap water and then snugged the bases of them up to the surface of a good cake and let it be.

--------------------
The Shaman

OfflineSan
Novice
Male User Gallery

#15349522 - 11/10/11 11:41 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

shamanamba said:
I'm trying to piece together a way of getting at least some use out of jars that have been contaminated with patchy things like trich. The two little pins were transplanted from a fully colonized jar that had a spot of it. I birthed the contaminated cake under water out in the back yard and used tweezers to pluck off the pins while still holding it under water. Then spooned off the contaminated patch and placed the cakes in an isolated out door FC. Just washed off the pins with running tap water and then snugged the bases of them up to the surface of a good cake and let it be.

Ehh, sounds okay so long as you pressure cook your tools before taking them inside. Make sure to clean your hands thoroughly as well. If you live in a non-arctic environment then you'll probably be better off burying them in your back yard and waiting for summer/fall next year.

I personally would never eat something off of a contaminated cake. Tell me, what's your contamination vector? Lack of pressure cooker? Open air inoculation? Get a PC/Glove box!

--------------------

-Shpongle1

Edited by San (11/10/11 11:47 AM)

InvisibleFungus_monk
Here or there...
Male

Loc: U.S. Flag
    #15349548 - 11/10/11 11:47 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Contaminates dont go from the cake into the mushroom body. Its fine to eat fruits from a contaminated substrate.

--------------------
My Trade List

I post fictional information that i have developed through years of extreme delirium and from suffering strange delusions that i partake in illegal activites. The shroomery.org is merely my outlet for these delusions.

OfflineSan
Novice
Male User Gallery

Re: Is there a correct term for this? [Re: Fungus_monk]
    #15349774 - 11/10/11 12:29 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Fungus_monk said:
Contaminates dont go from the cake into the mushroom body. Its fine to eat fruits from a contaminated substrate.

Well bacteria do. Sorry for generalizing, I shouldn't have made that assumption.

--------------------

-Shpongle1

InvisibleMunchauzen
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #15349785 - 11/10/11 12:32 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

San said:
Quote:

Fungus_monk said:

Well bacteria do. Sorry for generalizing, I shouldn't have made that assumption.

Myth: You can't eat mushrooms from a contaminated cake.
Truth: Yes you can. They don't bio-accumulate contaminates. Fruits should be dried or extracted to kill spores that have landed on them from the contaminated cakes. *Source*
(if they did, how would anyone ever eat a wild mushroom? you couldn't and they don't)

InvisibleFungus_monk
Here or there...
Male

Loc: U.S. Flag
    #15349792 - 11/10/11 12:33 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

A mushroom wont pick up any contaminates, bacteria included, from the cake
RR has gone over this dozens of times.
If the bacteria grows on the mushroom itself, than that is a different story.

--------------------
My Trade List

I post fictional information that i have developed through years of extreme delirium and from suffering strange delusions that i partake in illegal activites. The shroomery.org is merely my outlet for these delusions.

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Is there a correct term for this? (Apparently it's "replantation") [Re: shamanamba]
    #15349929 - 11/10/11 12:56 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

shamanamba said:
the other night, when i was washing my cakes off before dunking, a little fruit fell off the side of the cake. I stuck the base of the little shroom into the surface of one of my other cakes in the FC. The shroom has successfully reattached itself and started growing again. I was going to search for info about this but I have no idea what to type into the search field.

So is there a popular term for this?

I originally did this back in 2001 or '02 and posted the results on mycotopia when I was a mod over there.  Hippie3 wanted a grow with pins spelling the name topia.  I didn't expect the pins to attach to the substrate and grow but they did. That was the first time I had ever heard of such a thing, and must admit I was surprised.

Last August, I found out some company named Takara Bio Inc., of Shiga, Japan has patented my process. :rolleyes:

You can read about it at www.tinyurl.com/cultmethod I suppose I could challenge the patent, but why bother?
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

InvisibleMunchauzen
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Is there a correct term for this? (Apparently it's "replantation") [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #15350001 - 11/10/11 01:09 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

RogerRabbit said:
Last August, I found out some company named Takara Bio Inc., of Shiga, Japan has patented my process. :rolleyes:

You can read about it at www.tinyurl.com/cultmethod I suppose I could challenge the patent, but why bother?
RR

From their website....
"In R&D, we are working to utilize the know-how gained through the cultivation of Honshimeji and other mushrooms as well as our genome sequencing technology to develop new production technologies for high-value-added mushrooms."

By R&D, I guess they mean browsing forums and stealing information to pass off as their own. Frustrating, I'm sure, but bound to be the slightest bit flattering..

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale