Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineTheBear
music/drugenthusiast

Loc: awesometown
jello biafra
    #1532606 - 05/08/03 10:30 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

i read he was gonna run for president in 2004. does anyone know if there is any truth to this? i would vote for him.

--------------------
I wish I was little bit taller,
I wish I was a baller,
I wish I had a girl who looked good
I would call her
I wish I had a rabbit in a hat with a bat
and a six four Impala - Skeelo

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: jello biafra [Re: TheBear]
    #1532638 - 05/08/03 10:38 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

if i were 35, i'd run. it'd be coooool.  :cool:

Anonymous

#1533293 - 05/09/03 01:33 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I heard a rumor he was running too. He has my vote.

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
    #1534060 - 05/09/03 08:47 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I'd definitely vote for him. No doubt.

He's not going to get anyone who doesn't already like him to vote for him. He wants to impose a limit to the amount of income everyone can get at like $100,000.00.

That's the way it should be, but still.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: jello biafra [Re: Learyfan]
    #1534908 - 05/09/03 02:28 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I dont know about limitation on income for private citizens. but politicians, absolutly, infact, the should not be paid, it should be for the love of the country.....

just remember....there's always room for jello....

P#1

Offlineatomikfunksoldier
T'was born oftrue in the yearof the cock!

Loc: a human-infested anthill
Re: jello biafra [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #1536926 - 05/10/03 12:13 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

politicians not getting paid= mass corruption, even more so.

--------------------
enjoy the entertaining indentity i have constructed for you while you can.

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
Re: jello biafra [Re: atomikfunksoldier]
    #1544784 - 05/13/03 10:25 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

politicians not getting paid= mass corruption, even more so.

Full time politicians = mass corruption. Originally, the U.S. congress was not paid, the members were part time legislators and full-time citizens - they had to live like normal people and be subject to their own laws.

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
Re: jello biafra [Re: Learyfan]
    #1544791 - 05/13/03 10:30 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

He wants to impose a limit to the amount of income everyone can get at like $100,000.00.

That's the way it should be, but still.

so much for individual rights...but i guess you knew that.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

#1544806 - 05/13/03 10:38 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Guys like him scare me. Not because I don't think he would be a good politican or anything, but, he'd be taking away democratic votes.

My main concern is getting Bush out of office before he inflicts any more harm upon this nation. He scares me far more than anything on this earth. He has the power to destroy all of humanity. He has no feelings for environmental issues, and has put a lot of stress into my life with all this military action....

I'd definetly vote third party, but, I couldn't handle having Bush in office for another term. I'd think anyone else besides him would be better, even if it was some dorky democratic idiot.

What do you guys think? Put your vote to some 3rd party canidate who might not win, or vote for the democratic just so we can get Bush out of office?

Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
    #1546331 - 05/13/03 07:40 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

What political party is he in? That would be sweet if he actually did run for pres though.

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

Offlinemr freedom
enthusiast
    #1547167 - 05/14/03 12:54 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Let's just hope this is gossip. As to voting for a standard party I gave that up a decade ago. I will NOT vote for the lesser of two evils; it's wrong. It's incredible to me that so many have been convinced that you MUST vote for reps or dems for it to mean anything. What we SHOULD do as responsible citizens is vote for the PERSON that has some idea of what the hell they are talking about. I understand that in the last election this was an impossibility in most states in the union but at least try. If you can't then I'd have to concur that Bush shouldn't be in the white house for a second term; at least right now. With that said, if the democrats cannot at least put forth someone with some semblance of leadership then we're fucked anyway.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: jello biafra [Re: mr freedom]
    #1547189 - 05/14/03 01:01 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

The reason for voting for the lesser of two evils is not so much that you're voting for that guy as much as you're voting against the other guy. I'll be voting for the Democratic candidate, even if is a scumbag, because at this point I am convinced that NOBODY could be worse than Bush.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
Re: jello biafra [Re: silversoul7]
    #1547530 - 05/14/03 06:47 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

silversoul7 writes:

The reason for voting for the lesser of two evils is not so much that you're voting for that guy as much as you're voting against the other guy.

And that is precisely what is wrong with the current system. There is a significant percentage of voters who have no one to vote for, so they either don't vote at all or they vote for the guy they detest the least, hoping to block the guy they detest the most from taking office.

Both strategies are completely wrong-headed. Not voting at all accomplishes nothing, while voting for the least offensive choice "legitimizes" his authority. In actual fact their is little to choose between a Republocrat and a Demopublican. Both parties need voters to vote in order to legitimize the process. This is why candidates from both parties repeat over and over again, "Vote! I hope you will choose me, but it is important to vote regardless." As long as people continue to participate in this sham, there will be little substantive change in the caliber of the candidates available.

The only way we will ever get those clowns to smarten up is to start voting for alternative candidates. Vote Libertarian, vote Green -- if there is no one to vote for other than a Dem and a Rep, then write in Frank Zappa or Jello Biafra or Winnie the Pooh or Mother Theresa. That way your vote COUNTS, but it doesn't go towards either of the two ruling parties.

I guarantee you that if (with each successive election) the percentage of alternative votes and spoiled ballots increase till it reaches more than 8% or so, the candidates will do some serious realigning of their stance on things.

Naturally, if I were an American I would vote Libertarian or Frank Zappa before I voted for Nader or the Greens, but I would definitely vote every chance I got.

Any political consultant (listening, Mr Mushrooms?) will tell you that only about 20% of those who vote actually make a decision. Roughly 40% of the vote will ALWAYS go to the Dems and roughly 40% will ALWAYS go to the Reps, just because so many people vote their party line no matter how gruesome their particular candidate may be. What actually DECIDES the election is how that other 20% is split -- people like you and me. Imagine the furor if a full HALF of that "uncommitted" block were to vote for Frank Zappa or Jello Biafra or even simply to deliberately spoil their ballots by writing "None of the Above" across their ballot.

As long as we continue to vote AGAINST the more awful candidate, we will continue to be presented with nothing BUT awful candidates. For proof of this, remember the last election. Can anyone out there seriously say that there was ever a presidential election with two less attractive alternatives?

The only way to change that is to vote against ALL the awful candidates.

pinky

--------------------

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #1547587 - 05/14/03 07:39 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Biafra's an idiot. I would never vote for him.

He's got some good ideas...but half the time he doesn't understand what he's talking about.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: jello biafra [Re: Phred]
    #1547608 - 05/14/03 08:02 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

This will be the first time that i vote for a third party candidate nationally. The only problem is that they hardly get a chance to explain their views with th execption being Perot and Nadar, and they were both too wacky. At least i'll feel good aboot my vote i suppose.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Offlineatomikfunksoldier

Re: jello biafra [Re: Innvertigo]
    #1548097 - 05/14/03 12:20 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

nadar was more wacky than gore or bush?

--------------------

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: jello biafra [Re: atomikfunksoldier]
    #1548179 - 05/14/03 12:52 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

aboot 10X more wacky and just as clueless.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Offlineatomikfunksoldier

Re: jello biafra [Re: Innvertigo]
    #1548227 - 05/14/03 01:10 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

interesting opinion......,

in my opinion, i think it would be nearly impossible to find anyone more wacky that george w bush, that guy is just....nuthouse.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies