Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
Psilocybe Semilanceata in Western Norway
    #1530919 - 05/08/03 01:31 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

So, the info that I have collected from here, lycaeum, and erowid is quite extensive. I know - for a fact - that there is quite a big crop of Liberty Caps to be found near where I live - while I moved here only in late fall, friends who have lived here longer have found them before, had them identified by a biologist with personal interest in mycology, etc. I have tried these before, not ones that I picked, but ones picked by others. My question, then is two part. One, relating to the spore print. I have read conflicting methods - one said to use a white sheet of paper alongside a dark sheet of paper, to leave the cap on the paper for a couple of hours, half on the white side, and then compare. Another said to use aluminium foil. Which is the prefered method, and are there any links to "correct" Psilocybe Semilanceata spore prints available on the net? I don't have access to a digital camera currently and would like to check things out before eating them, in case this biologist isn't around to ask (I think she might get suspicious as well if students keep approaching her asking what kind of mushrooms they have, and looking most happy when she says "those are Psilocybe Semilanceata. Don't eat them they are psychedelic!"). So, if anybody knows a good online archive of spore prints, that would be most apprecitated. In relation to this, I have always heard (and have been told by people living here for many years) that the liberty caps have a "goo" when the nipple on the top is ripped. But, I read a post here from a Swede saying that he has found this not to always be the case. Any info about that? And secondly, would an area that I know to have Psilocybe Semilanceata growing all around have a high likely hood of other mushrooms? IE, if I pick some, get them identified, and know that they are Liberty Caps, would I be safe in assuming all the other mushrooms growing in the same field that look the same are Liberty Caps as well, or should I test any that aren't growing in the same bunch? Thanks as well to whomever posted the Psilocybe Semilanceata map of Norway, I saw it on Lycaeum a while back and just recently stumbled upon this site.

Krishna

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Psilocybe Semilanceata in Western Norway [Re: Krishna]
    #1531065 - 05/08/03 02:06 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I would like to draw attention to the fact that the liberty cap mushroom has a very small conical-cone-shaped cap. It leaves a very small sporeprint. WHite paper is fine, but the prints are hard to come by unless the shrooms are pretty fresh, meaning the caps have not changesd to a straw-yellow color and are still a light tanish brown.

You may go to my site at http://www.mushroomjohn.com/species.htm

and look at the Psilocybe semilanceata pages on my site. Many photos of liberty caps.

Sometimes when pinched the stem m9ight exhibit a light royal blue color inthe stem.

They are also common in Sweeden, Denmark and Finland.

Here are two maps of Norway showing shroom locations for liberty caps (Psilocybe semilanceata) and for Pluteus Salicinus, in that order.

By the way, Liberty caps are hard to grow at home. Boittom line. Pick them and do not buy sporeprints unless you are a mycologist and a cultivator of many shrooms. The species needs the roots of wild grasses to attached theirselves to in order to propogate.

Here are the maps.

and for Pluteus salicinus:

Good luck. Remember that their season starts right after the fall rains began and before the freeze.

mj

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
Re: Psilocybe Semilanceata in Western Norway [Re: mjshroomer]
    #1531438 - 05/08/03 03:52 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

fall rains begin? hehe i guess you haven't been to western norway. the fall rains never start... it rains all the damn time :P

Krishna

--------------------

Offlinecardboard
digitalautomatedansweringmachine

Loc: pac northwest
Re: Psilocybe Semilanceata in Western Norway [Re: Krishna]
    #1532232 - 05/08/03 08:14 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

SPore prints on semilanceata are tricky as the caps dry out very quickly thus making it impossible for the spores to fall. Definetly put a glass or jar over the fruits and start the printing process asap after picking.

--------------------
stay off my land

OfflineToadsdrool
Trusted N2O Identifier
Male

Loc: Finland Flag
New edition of Magic - Nordic Liberty Cap Hunter's Guide now available [Re: cardboard]
    #22326961 - 10/03/15 05:54 AM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Please check out http://wiki.magiskamolekyler.org/Magic_Liberty_Cap_Hunters_Guide

PDF-versions are available in English, Finnish and soon also in Swedish.
The Finnish version is also available in print.

We are looking for people to do the translation in other North European languages.

Kudos to Knarkkorven for contributing even more photo magic.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder