Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibledwpineal
Psychedelic Artist
 User Gallery

Psychedelic Inspired Wedding 11-11-11 *** PICS!*** * 4
    #15317371 - 11/03/11 11:53 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

11-21-2011 EDIT: As photos and video become available, I will be organizing this thread to make it easier to get to relevant posts...

Hey Now Shroomery!

I'm getting married in less than two weeks, on Friday, 11-11-11, and I'm SUPER excited.

I've never been one to believe that the state has to approve of my lover and I for us to be united - so never really planned on getting married. My girl also has never wanted to be married either (which I guess is more significant because she is a girl/woman and they're usually all about the marriage thing.)

About a year ago, she got pregnant and we were pretty much forced to marry prior to the baby being born, which was a weird situation. However we lost the baby and decided not to get married at that time. BUT since it was put into our consciousness, we decided to now get married for us - not because of anything outside of us. So we had talked about the 11-11-11 date for a long time, and eventually settled on actually getting married that day.

But we wanted to do something totally different. We looked into our own cultural heritages for marriage rituals and ceremonies, and also to many other cultures, religions, and traditions. We didn't want to use the things that have been done since the beginning of time. Many times you go to a wedding and it is super boring. The ritual almost puts you to sleep, and it is something that is repeated over and over until the true SOURCE and SOUL of the ritual has been totally replaced by just going through the motions of the ritual.

So for this reason we wanted to do something totally new and never done before. We want to engage the people there in something real and that also brings each person into the ceremony. We basically created an entire ceremony that is unique to us.

Life is Art

This is an important time and so we wanted to make it special for us.

Without getting into too much detail on the ceremony itself, I'll show some of the elements we're bringing together.

Here is the venue. It just fell into our lap, amazingly. We are the VERY first people to ever rent the venue for anything. The home belongs to the county here, they have had it for 6 years, and have been renovating it ever since (I guess there have been money problems, so it is taking a long time). But it has a HUGE outdoor courtyard and a cute path right out onto the sand. The ceremony/ritual will be on the beach itself, celebration at the venue (all outdoor)

For the pre-ceremony chill time (45 minutes) when people are arriving and hanging out we got an amazing traditional Tabla/Sitar duo that has played for the Dalai Lama

Then we hired this sand castle artist to come out and make us a huge 10-foot by 8-foot by 6 foot tall sand castle;

Then he lights fires on the castle at night (it is a sunset ceremony)

Then right after the ceremony we're having live african drumming with one of the recognized masters of African tribal drumming on the entire coast of our continent -
(just the drummers, not the african dancers in this photo)

Right after the drumming starts, fire dancers will come out and perform with the drummers in front of the sand castle

Then I can't find any pics but we have a really amazing live band playing a mix of electronic/sitar/digeridoo/drums/tabla, etc... They're called A-Tribe but I can't find their stuff online, wait, found 'em

Then a super dope DJ will spin some electronica for a bit

And the fire dancers will come out and do a blacklight performance

Then shortly after the music will end and the older folks will all wander off. The younger folks will come with us back onto the sand for the afterparty by the sand castle.

Oh yeah I almost forgot,- I'm making these Bamboo poles to act like the traditional "arch" or "chupah" instead it is two individual poles each decorated with 7 sacred geometric symbols, to both link to the 7 chakras and also the 7 blessings in Kabballah/Judiasm that are said at weddings, the images act as the prayers...

Only 5 images are on each pole now - I made some minor changes, but here is a shot of them in progress, still working on them - SO MUCH TO DO!!!!!!!!!!!!

11-04-2011 UPDATE -

Okay so I didn’t even begin to get into the actual ceremony/ritual part of the wedding – this thread is really helping me to get down a more involved “map” of the evening. Like I had mentioned before, we never really imagined ourselves as *married* because in our modern western culture, there are so many negative stereotypes of marriage and we didn’t (don’t) want to fall into those. You know like the Game Over mentality, no sex after marriage, growing to take each other for granted, etc…we want to rise above that, so we struggles with what to do. So by making this entirely our own, it is our attempt to break free from the conventions and create our own reality, using our own experiences as the paints and brushes.

So one major difference is that we did not get rings.

Rings are a symbol, a really nice one of unending-ness, wholeness, completeness, etc. And we’re into symbols, but we are bringing the ring symbology into the ceremony in a different way.

Okay let me go back and start at the beginning. The guests will arrive into the outdoor courtyard, this time of year is when it is truly a blessing to be living here, so we’re hoping for beautiful beach weather in all it’s glory :smile: So they come into the courtyard, the tabla and sitar are playing, people will hang out and interact for a while, drink and light vegetarian foods will be brought around. After about 45 minutes, the music will stop and one of the wedding planners will get on the microphone and start creating the intention and sacred space. She is an amazing speaker, and does the Earthdance prayers at the local event, so she should set a nice mood. Then she will direct everyone to make their way through the gate that opens from the courtyard to the path that leads to the beach.

We’re going to be using a really rich and meditative track that was written by a Shroomerite, Sunset-mission (THANKS BROTHER!), pretty much specifically for this exact moment. It is a nice chill track to move people into a quiet and sacred space. As this song is playing each person walks one by one through the gate. As each person goes through, they are honored individually, blessed and thanked for coming to help create the moment with us. Each person is there because we love them and they love us, we co-create this together. So as they walk through the gate individually, they come immediately to a decoratd bowl full of clear quartz crystal points like these(We mine for quartz crystals in AR each year for the past decade, one of life’s truly amazing adventures!)

Each person takes 2 crystal points, they walk past a frame drum which is beat for them one time each person, and then through the smoke of India Temple Incense and White Sage as they walk down the path to the beach, crystals in their hands. We tried to do the seating like the set-up for Burning Man, see the site map below (also kinda I-Ching Hexagram-looking to me…);

Burning Man;

So as they walk onto the sand a Shakuhachi player will be playing like a mini-concert. The Shakuhachi is like an oriental/native American sounding flute type instrument, so it should create a really cool mystical enchanted forest vibe. It will probably take about 15 or so minutes to walk everyone through this and into their seats. So they all are seated, the shakuhachi player finishes up his little concert, and then someone will sound a BIG crystal singing bowl (if you don’t know how these sound, it is amazing. Actually the first time I saw one of these was at Paul Stamet’s meditation room in Oregon…)

they look like this;

So the tone from the crystal singing bowl will sound, and it reverberates with the tone fading out into silence. Then there is a mini-bridal party walk where the bride’s sisters walk down (but then they take a seat instead of the usual standing next to the bride) and then her dad walks her down the aisle. During this time I will already be on the stage/platform, seated on a decorated pillow/ottoman thing. (I was in a fire about a year and a half ago, some people here may remember this – so while I have no physical scars from the fire, my feet get rally tingly if I stand for a time longer than 3 minutes or so, so I wanted to be seated while all this walking was going on :smile: )

So the bride walks down and the shakuhachi player will be playing again for her. She’ll take her seat on her pillow, facing me – So we’re not having our backs to the audience like a regular wedding, they’ll be able to actually see us. The officiate is a really amazing woman, she holds these events called Prayerdanse, like spiritual raves. She’s never done a wedding before, but she can really hold space and speak wonderfully, and is in tune with what we want to create here. We wanted to choose someone who hadn’t done weddings before because we didn’t want to bring in the vibe of the traditional “mold” used as a template for almost all weddings. By using someone who does not usually officiate weddings, we figured it would be easier to be outside the box. So she’ll do most of the talking for the ceremony. She will give a little explanation of why we’re here and then will talk about the 2 crystals each person is holding. She will tell them to focus their energy, their wishes and blessings for us, and put those thoughts and energies into the crystals in their hands.

Then we’ll have each person come up to the platform with us and place one of their 2 crystals into a glass container that I am going to etch with our names and maybe 11-11-11 or something.  As they come up, they can whisper a word or two of blessing and intention as they are with us, as they place their crystal in the bowl. We’ll call immediate family first, and then have everyone else flow through. Once they’ve placed their crystal in the bowl they will walk and join hands creating a huge circle surrounding the bride and groom. (We’re not sure if this will be 2 concentric circles, or one big circle).

Rainbow Family of Living Light style :smile:

This circle around us creates a LIVING WEDDING RING made by all the people in our lives who love us. It holds us within, sending us nurturing, loving energy for our time together ahead. The circle also acts as a womb, where once we were two people, now we are being birthed anew as one entity from within this multi-dimensional womb, ready to live in this new life as a new being. We then walk separately along opposite sides of the circle, until we meet at the other end, and walk together to our place within the rings, at which time, the officiate will say some words and instead of the normal I DO, we’re going to be saying I AM.

Then the whole thing with the drums and fire dancers and sand castle lit on fire happens, and we party :smile:

------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE;

I forgot to mention one of the most important things about the crystal ceremony! :facepalm3:

I mentioned that the people would have two crystals each. And that after charging them with their energy, they give us one that we will keep in a cool container with some of the sand from the earth at the time of the ceremony at the bottom, and all the crystals filling the rest of the vessel.

Then they get to keep the second crystal as their own memory of the night and also to have a sort of connection back to us always. Also the crystals have been around for millions of years and will be here long after all of us, ever you reading this, are long gone and dust for generations and millenia.

-----------------------------------------------------
11/05/2011 UPDATE

Okay so I've been working on these bamboo poles, trying to put the imagery and intention into them...

They're still changing, but I am almost done. I have one image to take off and switch, and then I can clear coat them and seal them...

This image is at the top of each pole. It has 11 open circles in each "line" there are 3 lines, so 11-11-11.
It also has 18 tiny holes in each half of each line, which is the Hebrew letter "Chai" or 18, and it is a blessing and many people give gifts in denominations of chai, so this has double chai (36) in each line, a six-fold blessing

This image was used to invoke the Ohm symbol. The image in the center is a cross-section of an ayahuasca vine. Wholeness, Completeness, Depth, Eternal Reverberation.

Version One - Sacred Union Mandala

Version Two - Sacred Union Mandala

Version One - Radiant Love Mandala

Version One - Radiant Love Mandala

Infinite Love Mandala

Edited by dwpineal (11/21/11 10:08 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSamuel L Jackson
Bad Motherfucker
Male

Re: PICS! Getting married in 8 days! (psychedelic inspired wedding 11-11-11) [Re: dwpineal] * 2
    #15317388 - 11/03/11 11:57 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

if i went to your wedding it would likely be the only wedding i would ever enjoy attending.

thats awesome.

--------------------

Offlinelove2shpongleIRL
Opiophile
Male

Re: PICS! Getting married in 8 days! (psychedelic inspired wedding 11-11-11) [Re: dwpineal]
    #15317389 - 11/03/11 11:57 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Nice, congratulations man. Can I come? I'll cover the cost of my plate plus a little extra. This seems like the most awesome wedding ever.

--------------------
Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.
T. S. Eliot

Edited by love2shpongleIRL (11/03/11 11:57 AM)

InvisibleUnifloo
Ask the left one
Male User Gallery

Loc: Falling up the stairs
Re: PICS! Getting married in 8 days! (psychedelic inspired wedding 11-11-11) [Re: dwpineal] * 1
    #15317411 - 11/03/11 11:59 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Wow! This looks like its going to be an amazing ceremony. Hats off to you for being so original and creative... I wish I could go!

--------------------
--------------------------------------------

OfflineAnthony
M1 A1

Loc: earth
Re: PICS! Getting married in 8 days! (psychedelic inspired wedding 11-11-11) [Re: dwpineal] * 2
    #15317426 - 11/03/11 12:03 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

dude those sand castles are fuckin epic!

--------------------
Trippin? Click Me...... Me too!

InvisibleNWlight
Just look

Re: PICS! Getting married in 8 days! (psychedelic inspired wedding 11-11-11) [Re: Unifloo] * 1
    #15317436 - 11/03/11 12:05 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

wow coolest wedding I've ever seen.  report back! and congratulations :smile:

--------------------
:wizard::deemsters:

OfflineRivers and Roads
♥ ❤ ❥ ❣ ❦ ❧

Loc: Under and Over
Re: PICS! Getting married in 8 days! (psychedelic inspired wedding 11-11-11) [Re: Anthony] * 2
    #15317438 - 11/03/11 12:05 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Done absolutely right! All the best, brother. :heart:

--------------------

Invisiblecasket
Closed Casket
Male

Loc: psw
Re: PICS! Getting married in 8 days! (psychedelic inspired wedding 11-11-11) [Re: Rivers and Roads] * 1
    #15317456 - 11/03/11 12:10 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

alright ill be there

--------------------
my sig never wants to stay...

OfflinePsy Baba
That was zen, This is Tao
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: The land of Ports.
Re: PICS! Getting married in 8 days! (psychedelic inspired wedding 11-11-11) [Re: dwpineal]
    #15317465 - 11/03/11 12:13 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Badass man! That sounds like the best wedding I could think of.

Odd, there is something very similar going on with another couple I know of. the synchronicity!  http://unificationcelebration.com/111111-2/

--------------------
---------------------------------------------------
Sit up and meditate, there's no time to contemplate.
-------------------------------------------------
I have an international Hitech Psytrance project with a friend: BioChronic
I make various form of Psytrance as a solo Project Dendriform

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: PICS! Getting married in 8 days! (psychedelic inspired wedding 11-11-11) [Re: Samuel L Jackson] * 1
    #15317471 - 11/03/11 12:14 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

SamuelLJackson said:
if i went to your wedding it would likely be the only wedding i would ever enjoy attending.

thats awesome.

looks like it'll be a really epic event but what makes it even better

he now has no excuse for ever forgetting my birthday

Invisiblebadchad
Mad Scientist

#15317509 - 11/03/11 12:29 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I hope you get to jump into the sand castle at the end.

Or have the guy do "bride" and "groom" sandcastles next to each other near the water.  At the end of the evening when the tide comes in, the castles get demolished by the ocean and the sand is all mixed together...union corny stuff...

--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

Offlinewithoutawire
hi
 User Gallery

Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii
Re: PICS! Getting married in 8 days! (psychedelic inspired wedding 11-11-11) [Re: badchad]
    #15317523 - 11/03/11 12:34 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Does anyone else find it a little ironic the forever sand castle is a sand castle...probably the easiest thing in the world to wash away.

--------------------
:tigerbunny:

Offlineqmarkball
Mr. Mopar Guy
Male

Re: PICS! Getting married in 8 days! (psychedelic inspired wedding 11-11-11) [Re: withoutawire] * 2
    #15317533 - 11/03/11 12:40 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Looks like fun and nontraditional. I would have to trip some balls if I was going to that wedding!

But why are you getting married the day Skyrim comes out?!  :wtfsonic:

--------------------

OfflineAdolin
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: USA Flag
Re: PICS! Getting married in 8 days! (psychedelic inspired wedding 11-11-11) [Re: qmarkball]
    #15317565 - 11/03/11 01:45 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Thats amazing man congrats :smile:

InvisibleCyclohexylamine
Turn on, Tune in, Drop out
 User Gallery

Re: PICS! Getting married in 8 days! (psychedelic inspired wedding 11-11-11) [Re: Samuel L Jackson] * 1
    #15317592 - 11/03/11 03:03 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

SamuelLJackson said:

thats awesome.

This.

Congrats dw!!
Wishing you all the best :smile::)

--------------------
Yes this is tymo - I just changed my name

Have you ever had a dream that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to awake from that dream? How would you know the difference between that dream world and the real world?

There is NOTHING better than feeling that warm dissociative fuzz creeping up your body from IM K
Something abut that anaesthetic rush... :inlove:

Qualitative Research Chemical Effects and Experiences
The Wonderful World of Methoxetamine
The 3-Meo-PCP Chapters, Part One

Offlinemellowparty
legitimate researcher

#15317619 - 11/03/11 03:10 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

SamuelLJackson said:

thats awesome.

:bigyesnod: I couldn't agree more dude

--------------------

Invisibletrekie
Metal man
Male User Gallery

Loc: Larger cities Flag
Re: PICS! Getting married in 8 days! (psychedelic inspired wedding 11-11-11) [Re: Cyclohexylamine] * 1
    #15317620 - 11/03/11 03:10 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

You have raised the bar for all of us.

Congrats and sounds like a truly epic event.

--------------------
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

OfflineDamkina
Newcomer
Male

Loc: Romania Flag
Re: PICS! Getting married in 8 days! (psychedelic inspired wedding 11-11-11) [Re: Cyclohexylamine] * 1
    #15317622 - 11/03/11 03:11 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Awesome! Now that`s one wedding I would love to attend! Congrats buddy,wish you really well:d Make sure to tape some of it,maybe a special edition for shroomery. :laugh:

:heart: For you two.May you be happy forever,as you wish.

OfflineNormal Flora
Female

#15317638 - 11/03/11 03:16 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

:cheers: :heart: Looks like you're about to have a very special experience. I hope everyone has a beautiful time!

--------------------

InvisibleRobMarley420
LSD Enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mushroom Mountain
Re: PICS! Getting married in 8 days! (psychedelic inspired wedding 11-11-11) [Re: Normal Flora]
    #15317768 - 11/03/11 03:39 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

That sounds like a wedding I'd like to go to.

:heart:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder