Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinecleaner
Stranger

There is no decency left in this world
    #1531574 - 05/08/03 06:34 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

"O sinners know that there are robots among us, passing themselves for human beings"

I would like to talk here about a tribe of conscienceless rascals and filthy scoundrels in all of creation, also known as humans.

Scenario 1
1000 AD

Poor man: Avast! I would borrow a moment of thy time! My daughter, my daughter (he cries) she's very sick and in need of food, if only you could help us with a bag of grain flour!
Rich man: shoulda 'ave thought a little soona ey? If you worked all week instead of being a bum you could have earned enough for more than that!
Poor man: Here, my daughter, she gave me the most dearest item to her, an amulet which her mother gave her when she was a child, please take it if ye will!
Rich man examines the artefact, makes a sound full of disgust and throws the amulet on the ground walking away.

Scenario 2
2000 AD

Wealthy Business man walks in central park.
Poor man: sir! would you be so kind to spare a dollar, sir?
WB: I never give to strangers.
Poor man: But sir, i haven't eaten in 3 days!
WB: Apply to Welfare.
As WB walks away the poor man falls on the ground and leaves our world

By now you starting to see what i'm getting at. Humans, have absolutely no respect for others in need of help.

It can be many things, not just money. I can safely say that every single one of you is guilty.

Scenario 3 (just as an example , nothing personal)

YOU walking down a street when you hear
Avast! I would borrow a moment of thy time, o seeker of bioelectrical and intrauterine arcana! I haven't tripped in 6 month! If only my dear friend you would be so kind to offer me 10 grams. I don't have much to offer in return except of money, but i'm sure that good deeds like that will come back to you ten fold
("Yeah right" you thinking)
YOU: Go to shroomery.org and learn how to grow
Man: but i tried and failed for i'm in no position to grow since i study in university!)
YOU: it's not my problem.
And then you walk away.

I hope that does it.

it's funny how all men in 3 scenarios offer "helpful advice" on what to do to get out of the situation.

SINNERS, know that horrific ego instincts have been hardwired into your brain.
Even though
1 all men are in abundant procession of the needed help (product) and it is nothing for them to loose just a tiny portion of it
2 all poor men (especially first one) have something of extreme value to them ready to sacrifice
3 rich will NEVER agree to trade unless their EGO analysis value of two items on the burocratic scale and "approves" the transaction only if it means some sort of personal gain

There is not just a theory, that's a metaphor.
You rich in one universe, but in another your the poor man asking for a bag of flour.
It's a sad thing that primitive species behave this way. For it's like in Buddhist concept of karma, we all get to play every role, somewhere in the hyperspace.

I must conclude that title of this topic is wrong. There has never been any decency among humans. A dog who i've never fed a piece of meet nor i ever offered a place by the fire will be more merciful and understanding than most members of human race.

Take a good look at yourself. Unless you change soon, you shall be plunged into the dark abyss of annihilation.

--------------------

Edited by cleaner (05/08/03 06:44 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibletekramrepus
Female User Gallery
Re: There is no decency left in this world [Re: cleaner]
    #1531588 - 05/08/03 06:39 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

If you dont like humanity - then maybe a sacrifice of life on your part could atleast help us :smile:

Atleast it'd do more good than posting what we alraedy know ;/

Fighting negativity with negativity is like fighting fire with fire, its just gonna make the earth burn faster.

Offlinecleaner
Stranger

Re: There is no decency left in this world [Re: tekramrepus]
    #1531603 - 05/08/03 06:43 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

"Atleast it'd do more good than posting what we alraedy know ;/"

First of all you don't know, nor understand, you think you do but you don't. Your brain even mature enough yet.

Second, it's not about fighting, it's about you being an egoistic cunt

And maybe you sould read it again, for it's not only poor who suffer. It might as well be you.

This is the chief cause of misery: everyone cares only about themselves

--------------------

Edited by cleaner (05/08/03 06:54 PM)

OfflineTheShroomHermit
Divine Hermit of the Everything
 User Gallery

Loc: border of Canada and Mexi...
    #1531639 - 05/08/03 06:56 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

This scenarios would be more accurate if in scenario 1, the rich man was risking jail time and bags of grain flour grew in the wild, and there were guides that could easily be found to find them. Also, in scenario 2, the wealthy buisiness man would risk jail time for giving money to the beggar, which the beggar could find if he read a hunting guide.

They are not that hard to obtain from the wild. Also, the mushroom experience is not a need. If you want this experience, I suggest you work for it.

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
    #1531782 - 05/08/03 07:46 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

... it's about you being an egoistic cunt

Have you read The Be Nice Policy?  I suggest you do so...

But first, resize that foil hat - it's a tad too tight.  :tongue:

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

Anonymous

Re: There is no decency left in this world [Re: Evolving]
    #1531795 - 05/08/03 07:52 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

i don't think his post had anything to do with a personnal attack.... he was portraying what our egos really are...dirtty and selfish.... his choice of words tried to portray that fact.

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Re: There is no decency left in this world [Re: ]
    #1531803 - 05/08/03 07:54 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Interesting interpretation...

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

Offlineatomikfunksoldier
T'was born oftrue in the yearof the cock!

Loc: a human-infested anthill
Re: There is no decency left in this world [Re: Evolving]
    #1531867 - 05/08/03 08:16 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

how are our ego's dirty and selfish? they are controlled by genetics, genetics that program you to survive......just like all other animals.

--------------------
enjoy the entertaining indentity i have constructed for you while you can.

Invisiblebert
bodhi

Loc: state
Re: There is no decency left in this world [Re: atomikfunksoldier]
    #1531981 - 05/08/03 08:42 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Genetics do not control your ego. Genetics are a small portion of our programming. We have something called will. You have the choice of what kind of person to be. I give money to homeless people, but only the ones that I've come to be friends with. Not all of them are nice people, you know...and there's usually a reason why they are homeless.

--------------------
Persons denying the existence of robots may be robots themselves.

OfflineEvilGir
Im the on coming storm

Loc: Planet Irk
    #1531983 - 05/08/03 08:43 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

how are our ego's dirty and selfish?

Well they cause most of us to put our selvs before others and hoard objects of desire. Where we should help our fellow human without passing judgment, all world hungar could easily end today if people where not greedy and self obsessed.

--------------------
Fighting the man the best way I can.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
    #1532041 - 05/08/03 09:03 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Everyone does not only care about themselves. Perhaps many do, but not everyone. I have in my time seen many acts of unconditional compassion and sacrifice done for the good of another human in complete selflessness. There are indeed many self-centered, greedy egos in this world, and even if they do make the majority, there is always hope for change.

I'm poor, and I give to the poor. What do you make of that? If a homeless person approaches me and asks me for money for food, I will give all I can spare. If my friends want to partake in a mushroom journey, I will point them to the shroomery and encourage them to grow themselves, but if I have fruits I am more than happy to share the experience.

Not everyone is after personal gain. Some people care about other humans and life.
I can hardly say I don't see exactly where you are coming from though. I have felt the sting of selfish acts for all my life, I have seen the extreme examples of one who is well taken care of and very wealthy shun those who are poor and hungry because they bother him for a dollar. I have been the beggar, I have been the rich man. I have been selfish myself, but it does not resonate well with my inner being. I strive towards selfless service-to-other behaviour. This includes the sacrifice of personal well-being for the betterment of someone else's. I have felt the unconditional love and compassion a human can offer another in service, I have seen it in my own life many times, so I cannot sit here and say there is no decency left in the world.

Nay, decency and selfless behaviour will become a basis for our world. More so than ever after the veil of the 3rd dimension is lifted completely and the workings of karma are seen by all. Then will we realize that by helping someone else, you are helping yourself, on the soul level. By denying someone basic help which you could easily give is to harm yourself in the long run. Because, we are all connected.

Selfishness is a product of the reality we choose to live in. Humanity needs a major reality check.

Offlineatomikfunksoldier

Re: There is no decency left in this world [Re: bert]
    #1532184 - 05/08/03 09:52 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

your argument can be met with the counter-argument that the reason you give money to homeless people is to insure the survival of the human species, and thusly, all compassionate acts are directed at our genetic propagation.

and then we arrive at the free will debate.

--------------------

OfflineTheShroomHermit
 User Gallery

#1532200 - 05/08/03 09:59 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I'm going to have to take a jab at your logic.

We have clearly dominated this planet. Survival of the human species will not come down to charity. And for all compassionate acts being directly related to our genetic propagation... is assisted suicide (which in some cases, at least for me, is considered a compassionate act) related to genetic propagation?

Offlineatomikfunksoldier

Re: There is no decency left in this world [Re: TheShroomHermit]
    #1532243 - 05/08/03 10:20 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

genetics do not take environmental degradation into account, they only seek to replicate.

in my opinion, survival of the species will come down to compassion, if humans can be compassionate towards one and other, that means we can avoid nuclear war, which means we can work together and build sustainable civilizations.

--------------------

OfflineTheShroomHermit
 User Gallery

#1532279 - 05/08/03 10:34 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Helping those who would otherwise not live reproducehave to live and reproduce would degrade genetics, according to Darwin's theory of evolution by natural selection.

In my opinion, survival of any species comes down to adaptation. The one or two with the right attributes to survive fill in the gene pool. As far as compassion goes, if everyone helped everyone at every single juncture, there would be little genetic progress. I think that most of the worlds problems can be solved by the removal irradication of ignorance.

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Re: There is no decency left in this world [Re: TheShroomHermit]
    #1532415 - 05/08/03 11:25 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

"'Tis is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change."
~ Charles Darwin ~

--------------------

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
    #1533064 - 05/09/03 02:28 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Humanity will evolve as technology evolves- technology helps us live easier lives. We could all move away from the animal-like human and evolve into the thinking-type human.

Wasn't there 2 different species of human at one time?

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

OfflineRhizoid
carbon unit
Male

Loc: Europe
Re: There is no decency left in this world [Re: ]
    #1533147 - 05/09/03 02:59 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Our egos are (by definition) selfish, but not necessarily "dirty". The purpose of the ego is self-preservation. To mindlessly give away stuff to other egos, and in particular the loudest ones, is just a way to let yourself be exploited. Little good will come from that. It's much better to think of a way to share with others that doesn't lead to situations such as the ones described.

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
Re: There is no decency left in this world [Re: Rhizoid]
    #1533153 - 05/09/03 03:03 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Very true.

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

Offlinecleaner
Stranger

Re: There is no decency left in this world [Re: Murex]
    #1533832 - 05/09/03 07:27 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

This isn't about survival or reproduction. In better world the first thing I would like to see after ego abolition is birth control.

This is about seeing others suffer and not doing anything about it.

"by helping someone else, you are helping yourself, on the soul level"

I couldn't have said it better myself. Ego and mammalian politics is a natural process of human evolution. However it's taken far too long to transcendent egoism. If it wasn't for outside intervention, we should have abolished it millennias ego.

In the past, the proportion between selfish and decent was very small, at present it's even smaller

--------------------

Edited by cleaner (05/09/03 07:32 AM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop for: Scales

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology