Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisiblestarseed
professional lurker

I hate solicitors.
    #15311482 - 11/01/11 11:14 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I also hate crossing guards, but that's another story.

As I drive into the parking lot of my local grocery store, I notice three men with flyers stalking people in the parking lot.  As I park my car, one of them heads my way.  Before he even parts his lips, I sterny say "No. Whatever it is, I don't want it, so don't even fucking talk to me."

In retrospect, had I merely avoided saying "fucking", the later events would have likely been avoided.

I go through the store and get my shit, and I come back out to see the same three guys.  The guy I spoke to starts walking behind me saying "how am I a fucking loser?  I'm a college graduate, I've worked on an aircraft carrier.." etc.

The whole time I'm thinking, I never once called you a loser.  I did say fucking, but it was not followed by loser.  Those words never left my mouth.  I just expressed my firm stance that I wanted to be left the fuck alone.  And yet, here we are.

I discerned that I should not correct this man, however, as he would see any retort from myself as insult.  I said not a word and drove away.  I bet he feels like he told me something to make me reconsider my first statement.  Yet, he has only successfully increased my disdain for his kind.  He has proven that he cannot listen.

All he had to do was leave me alone.

I don't know where this intense hatred comes from.. I just deal with the reality of the situation.  When I see a solicitor, I immediately fantasize about their death.

I hissed at a woman once when I came out of a grocery store.  She had a table set up and was trying to sell some shit.  The look on her face was priceless.

I only made this post to vent.  Feel free to share in my hatred... or perhaps just recoil in horror at my thought process.

--------------------
:poison::poison:                                  :poison::poison::poison:                                  :poison::poison:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBeanhead
IS IRONIC PARADOX
 User Gallery

Loc: Geospatial inversion.
Re: I hate solicitors. [Re: starseed] * 1
    #15311498 - 11/01/11 11:17 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

hissing at people

LOL

Invisiblevenetianblinds
cabbage

Loc: Flag
Re: I hate solicitors. [Re: starseed]
    #15311511 - 11/01/11 11:20 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

i know what you mean about some of that...ive lived mostly in small places and i must look it, cos when im in cities im hounded by those people. my most memorable encounter was was when i was walking down a busy street downtown and i noticed i was heading straight for some girl with a clipboard. i did a sort of football move and dodged her, and she goes,'but i picked you out of a crowd!!'  exactly. picked out of a crowd cos i look like a schmuck

--------------------
How do you know but ev’ry Bird that cuts the airy way,
Is an immense world of delight, clos’d by your senses five?

Invisiblecasket
Closed Casket
Male

Loc: psw
Re: I hate solicitors. [Re: venetianblinds]
    #15311549 - 11/01/11 11:31 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

i hate phone call solicitors especially around voting time.

--------------------
my sig never wants to stay...

OfflineKada
Asha'man
Male User Gallery

Loc: Buckeye Flag
Re: I hate solicitors. [Re: starseed] * 1
    #15311597 - 11/01/11 11:43 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

starseed said:
I also hate crossing guards, but that's another story.

As I drive into the parking lot of my local grocery store, I notice three men with flyers stalking people in the parking lot.  As I park my car, one of them heads my way.  Before he even parts his lips, I sterny say "No. Whatever it is, I don't want it, so don't even fucking talk to me."

In retrospect, had I merely avoided saying "fucking", the later events would have likely been avoided.

I go through the store and get my shit, and I come back out to see the same three guys.  The guy I spoke to starts walking behind me saying "how am I a fucking loser?  I'm a college graduate, I've worked on an aircraft carrier.." etc.

The whole time I'm thinking, I never once called you a loser.  I did say fucking, but it was not followed by loser.  Those words never left my mouth.  I just expressed my firm stance that I wanted to be left the fuck alone.  And yet, here we are.

I discerned that I should not correct this man, however, as he would see any retort from myself as insult.  I said not a word and drove away.  I bet he feels like he told me something to make me reconsider my first statement.  Yet, he has only successfully increased my disdain for his kind.  He has proven that he cannot listen.

All he had to do was leave me alone.

I don't know where this intense hatred comes from.. I just deal with the reality of the situation.  When I see a solicitor, I immediately fantasize about their death.

I hissed at a woman once when I came out of a grocery store.  She had a table set up and was trying to sell some shit.  The look on her face was priceless.

I only made this post to vent.  Feel free to share in my hatred... or perhaps just recoil in horror at my thought process.

I would have turned around and very intensely said something like;

"I expressed that I did NOT want to be FUCKING SOLICITED. I don't care who you are or what your selling, but you better back the fuck up or I'm going to back you up."

I hate that shit. Your at the store for something, but it sure as fuck isn't whatever someone in the parking lot wants to sell you. Does every day of my life have to be a constant commercial for me to buy shit I don't want? 5 minutes after I wake up I am being bombarded with shit people want to sell me. Turn on the radio, tv, open the news paper or get your mail. Everyone has something they want to take your hard earned money for and most of it is crap. I can't even get my mail without shuffling through more ads and crap in one week than I will ever get in mail in a year. Go drive your car and try to ignore all the signs pointing towards anything you could dream of. All we want is your cash. Cash and it could be yours!!!

Sometimes it doesn't bother me when someone tries to sell me something, but you better take no for an answer. Pray it isn't on a day where I've had enough of the solicitations that are constantly nagging at me to buy something.

Call me ungrateful for all the shit we have available to us, but honestly I could do without 99.999% of it.

I feel you man. lol

99% of the time I just say no politely, but if they persist they get immediately shut down with a firm NO and a look like I could kill them. Being nice never helps sadly. Then they assume they can still try to sell whatever it is they have to you.

--------------------
~The Cultivators Motherload~

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies.
My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness."-Dalai Lama

Live long and prosper.

OfflineRivers and Roads
♥ ❤ ❥ ❣ ❦ ❧

Loc: Under and Over
Re: I hate solicitors. [Re: Kada]
    #15311619 - 11/01/11 11:51 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Does every day of my life have to be a constant commercial

I agree.

--------------------

OfflineDosile Kouki
derp

Loc: Paradise
    #15311734 - 11/02/11 12:39 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

what does people selling shit outside of a store or protesting have to do with solicitors?

solicitors are good people. you just mad and/or jelly

--------------------

Offlinetwighead
mͯó
I'm a teapot

Loc: Glenn Gould's Fuck Windmill Flag
Re: I hate solicitors. [Re: Beanhead]
    #15311757 - 11/02/11 12:52 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Beanhead said:

hissing at people

LOL

:rofl:

--------------------
¿Check out some art m8?

OfflineEnthrall
Mr ?
 User Gallery

Re: I hate solicitors. [Re: twighead]
    #15311899 - 11/02/11 02:12 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Sounds like the guy is thinking that way about himself if you never said it. I once read the sigmund frued theorized that our sub conscience thoughts arise through our speech.

--------------------

Invisiblesandi
omg

Loc: M6 (Butterfly Cluster)
    #15311946 - 11/02/11 02:39 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

The ones I hate the most are the ones right when you enter/leave the store. I don't give a fuck about the flier people, except they should get fined for littering. At least I never see them like you did.

Now stores here are always asking you if you want to donate for cancer or w/e. It's like....um...if I did, I'd donate to the cause directly. These stores get a cut for collecting the donations, whether directly or from write-offs. Fuck them. Half the time I get overcharged, and they screw me - I'm supposed to get my money back, plus the item for free. They almost never do. And I'm supposed to hand them money, okay...

And panhandlers? Ugh...where do they find the markers? (JK but really if I was homeless and  had no money I'd have trouble writing up a sign for sure, I guess I'd have to steal one).

Oh wait I forgot Mormons and the ones that don't believe in medical care for their members. I hate them too.

--------------------

OfflinePreparationH
apply daily

Loc: Amsterdam
Re: I hate solicitors. [Re: sandi] * 1
    #15311992 - 11/02/11 03:00 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I try to be nice but the jesus freaks on campus handing out their book of goofiness got to me one day I said I don't want it, he handed it to me "for the future" so I walked away and tried to light it on/ fire, he snatched that shit from me :smile:

InvisibleJohn NadaDiscord
Toujours Frais
 User Gallery
Loc: Hotwings; race car
Re: I hate solicitors. [Re: PreparationH]
    #15312006 - 11/02/11 03:13 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

No. If you people gotta react so hard or wish you did then you should just take all free promotional things too much or readily and thereby artificially inflate their value. Y'all also could just say "nah", and keep it moving and grow up.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom