Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSeeJohnnyTrip
Fellow Tripper

Loc: Denver, Colorado
Humidification & Lighting Issue
    #1531074 - 05/08/03 02:10 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I am a beginning grower, so any help is definitley appreciated.

I will soon start growing this Dutch shroom kit: http://www.amazing-nature.com/info/3200.htm .

I live in Colorado, which is one of the dryest states in the U.S. The kit says you should have a half-inch pool of water at the bottom of the terrarium to produce humidity, but I am wondering if this is enough to compensate for the very low natural humidity Colorado has (like 10%). I have a cool mist humidifier if that's needed. Any words of advice?

Also I've read that shrooms need at least some natural light to grow properly, is two to three hours if indirect sunlight enough?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinekindkesey
take it further
 User Gallery

Loc: on the bus!!!
Re: Humidification & Lighting Issue [Re: SeeJohnnyTrip]
    #1531106 - 05/08/03 02:22 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

YES, IT SHOULD BE GOOD. BUT U SHOULD NOT OF BOUGHT A KIT, THEY SUCK!! SPEND SOME TIME READING THE FAQ'S AND DIFFERENT TEK'S, THE WILL HELP U TAKE YOUR NEW HOBBY FUTHER!!!

--------------------
Stay Kool, and enjoy the bus ride.....

"Intrepid Search For Innerspace"

DAVID JONES where are you?

OfflineSeeJohnnyTrip
Fellow Tripper

Re: Humidification & Lighting Issue [Re: kindkesey]
    #1531133 - 05/08/03 02:30 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

The exact same kit worked perfectly for my friend, he got 270 grams wet. And they were the best shrooms he's ever had. And he's a moron lol, so I think I can do it.

Edited by SeeJohnnyTrip (05/08/03 02:31 PM)

InvisibleTrippinSLIM
Cosmonaut

#1531155 - 05/08/03 02:40 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

get a temp/humidity guage. This will tell you how humid your set-up is already. If it's really low, like 50 or 60 percent, then run your humidifer a few minutes each day. Peace.

InvisibleTrippinSLIM
Cosmonaut

Re: Humidification & Lighting Issue [Re: TrippinSLIM]
    #1531157 - 05/08/03 02:41 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

you should have about an hour of light a day.

OfflineSeeJohnnyTrip
Fellow Tripper

Re: Humidification & Lighting Issue [Re: TrippinSLIM]
    #1531241 - 05/08/03 03:03 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I've read that shroomers can use a sodium halogen light. I've also heard that some use a normal household 60-w bulb. But I'm skeptical of that..... is natural sunlight better? I'm guessing it is. And direct sunlight is bad for shrooms, right? Just exposure to a naturally-lit room for an hour would be good, yes?

Is 80% humidity an ideal amount for the terrarium?

Thanks

OfflineSko
Democrat

Loc: Pacific Northwest
    #1531458 - 05/08/03 03:56 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Actualy I recently did a report on shrooms and it seems that low frequency light is best to start the frutification cycle of mushrooms. So... if using a 10 gal aquarium, with one or two blue aquarium lightbulbs is a good idea.

I have a question on legal issues... Mycelium of psyclobe mushrooms contains psylocybin, right? So, it doesn't sound like a good idea to order the stuff, but the kit sounds pretty cool... I mean so you don't have to go through a few months of trial and error...

Anyone have anything to say about grow kits, or is the info in the faqs, either way I am searching right now! and good luck with that kit!

Sko

--------------------
Sko

OfflineSeeJohnnyTrip
Fellow Tripper

Re: Humidification & Lighting Issue [Re: Sko]
    #1531547 - 05/08/03 04:24 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Thanks Sko.

The mycelium does not contain psylocybin, so it's actually legal to import into the U.S. It's legal because there is no psylocybin yet, because they enter the U.S. as spores - not matured shrooms with contain the natural chemical we love so much :smile:

Here's an exerpt from the place I bought my kit - amazing-nature.com .

<i>USA: The Magic Mushroom Grow Box and the mushroom spores are legal in the USA (except for California and Georgia) but in a few cases the US customs take them anyway. Therefor there is a small risk in sending. To keep this service open we would like to remind you we ship them at clients risk. Just to let you know...... </i>

They worked for my friend though, and he had a blast with the shrooms he grew with the kit. A Mexican cubensis strain.

Edited by SeeJohnnyTrip (05/08/03 04:25 PM)

OfflinePerk
The Myth...
Re: Humidification & Lighting Issue [Re: Sko]
    #1531584 - 05/08/03 04:38 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

So, it doesn't sound like a good idea to order the stuff, but the kit sounds pretty cool... I mean so you don't have to go through a few months of trial and error...

Months of trail an error, the eventuall aquisition of knowlage gained through experience, and reaping the fruits of your labor are exactly what make mycology a worth while endeavor. Take some pride in your work man, fuck a kit.

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
    #1531602 - 05/08/03 04:43 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

The mycelium does not contain psylocybin, so it's actually legal to import into the U.S.

Are you sure that mycelium doesn't contain any active chemicals?

I beg to differ.

If this was the case we could trade live mycelium cultures.
And we can't...cause its illegal in the USA.

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

OfflineSeeJohnnyTrip
Fellow Tripper

Re: Humidification & Lighting Issue [Re: Roadkill]
    #1531807 - 05/08/03 05:55 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Well you know more about this, I'm just stating what I've read. I need a better source with that. Oh well.

>> Take some pride in your work man, fuck a kit.

Dude I'm a beginner. I'll learn something from growing something simple, and when I'm successful in the most simple way, I will graduate onto more complicated methods. I'm not going to throw myself into a complicated mycology project with absolutely no experience beforehand. Let's think in terms of progress here.

OfflinePerk
The Myth...
    #1531831 - 05/08/03 06:06 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Hey Johnny,
I'm not tryin' to rain on your parade.  What you choose to do with your time is up to you.  Though, after this trial run with your kit, try any of the simplist techs and I'm certain you will get more enjoyment out of the experience. :grin:   

Offlinekindkesey
take it further
 User Gallery

Loc: on the bus!!!
Re: Humidification & Lighting Issue [Re: Perk]
    #1531887 - 05/08/03 06:24 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Hey Johnny,
I'm not tryin' to rain on your parade.  What you choose to do with your time is up to you.  Though, after this trial run with your kit, try any of the simplist techs and I'm certain you will get more enjoyment out of the experience. :grin:   

Yup.... :smile: :smile: :smile: 

--------------------
Stay Kool, and enjoy the bus ride.....

"Intrepid Search For Innerspace"

DAVID JONES where are you?

OfflineSeeJohnnyTrip
Fellow Tripper

Re: Humidification & Lighting Issue [Re: kindkesey]
    #1531900 - 05/08/03 06:27 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

It's all good Perk :smile:

Yeah I'll see what this kit can do, but eventually I will graduate to better methods. Can't wait for that.

Offlinejakeholman
crotch rocketsrule!

#1532134 - 05/08/03 07:34 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

The mycelium does not contain psylocybin, so it's actually legal to import into the U.S. It's legal because there is no psylocybin yet, because they enter the U.S. as spores .

i agree with you roadkill-if there wasnt any psilocybin in mycelium then it would NOT bruise blue, like mature shrooms
Jake

--------------------
The above statement is fictitious and for entertainment purposes only. I do not use or condone the use of illegal substances, nor do I use or condone the use of legal substances in an illegal manner.

Offline95rh
Stranger
Re: Humidification & Lighting Issue [Re: jakeholman]
    #1533958 - 05/09/03 07:42 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I dunno sometimes you get what you pay for.

Anyone remember the Dung Brothers? I paid what I felt was a small fortune ($160) for one of thier kits back when they were offered. Waste of money? perhaps I'd already mastered the pf tek and wanted to try bulk..

That kit was just amazing ended up with something like 7 oz dry and some of the fruits weighed in at 8 grams dry. That was a great summer of spreading the joy!

Of course once you do a kit once you're going to want to duplicate it by yourself. NOTHING is better than being self reliant.

rh95

OfflineSko
Democrat

Loc: Pacific Northwest
Re: Humidification & Lighting Issue [Re: 95rh]
    #1534325 - 05/09/03 10:44 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Well the reason I think there is psylocibin in mycelium is because there was a topic on this forum a while ago, about getting high off mycelium by soaking it in grapejuice or something... alot of people agreed with it but were like, "why not just grow the friggin shrooms?" hehe.

but yea. Many people agreed, and I'll stick with growing my own... I just want my mycelium to take over the damn jars... lets see its been... 5.3*24 hrs since I innoculated, and I put those jars in an incubator yesterday, so about 15 hrs of incubation, and 112.2 hrs of sitting there and nothing happening...

Anyway, I just thought it would be nice to get something in the mail, open the lid, put some plastic trash bags over the lid, water it once a day and biggidy booM! shrooms... but that would be the easy way out.... the path that leads to the dark side... hehe... and instead of 50 bucks for the kit I'll buy a PC.

-Sko

--------------------
Sko

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate