Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisibleanomaly100716
Male
Loc: CO Flag
According to Wikipedia, I have Schizotypal personality disorder
    #15301912 - 10/30/11 11:17 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Lately I have been searching around the internet trying to find some tips to help with my social anxiety and finally came across the wikipedia page on Schizotypal personality disorder. Except for "magical thinking" and  "depersonalization or derealization" all the other symptoms strongly apply to me. 

I think I need help but I'm not willing to go to psychiatric or similar doctor just for them to put me on a bunch of medications that would probably just make me crazier or worse. I've already seen my mom put on just about every known benzo, SSRI, and other shit of that nature; it pretty much destroyed her and I don't plan letting that happening to me.

Anyone here have any experience with this or similar disorders? Is there any alternative treatments available that don't rely on drugs? Maybe I'm overreacting here and it's something else bothering me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizotypal_personality_disorder

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineJwlst
Stranger

Re: According to Wikipedia, I have Schizotypal personality disorder [Re: anomaly100716]
    #15301936 - 10/30/11 11:27 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I disagree with your self diagnosis and think that you may have a little case of "cyberchondria" which is most likely bought on by some fairly average anxiety/depression. Maybe see a therapist and please for everyones sake don't worry about having an illness you read about on wikipedia until you are actually diagnosed as such.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyberchondria

InvisibleSheekle
FREE BURKE
 User Gallery

Re: According to Wikipedia, I have Schizotypal personality disorder [Re: Jwlst]
    #15301950 - 10/30/11 11:32 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Jwlst said:
I disagree with your self diagnosis and think that you may have a little case of "cyberchondria" which is most likely bought on by some fairly average anxiety/depression. Maybe see a therapist and please for everyones sake don't worry about having an illness you read about on wikipedia until you are actually diagnosed as such.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyberchondria

God damn they have a word for everything now don't they? cyberchondria lol

--------------------
"Ur cat died because he hated u" - Koods
"I hope JSB kicks your ass one day." - Vandago
"you are the biggest 'internet guy' I have ever come across"- Jokeshopbeard
"The more I see you post the more I realize you're just this fuckin tie dye loser who trolls the Shroomery 24/7." - Herbologist
"Sheekle you cannot vile the dice of bullshit you have posted on this forum over the years, I like databases" - thelastoneleft
"or maybe i just come from a blood line of superior intelligence" - trees

R.I.P Kelsy, ?/?/?? - 6/11/16

OfflineXUL
OTD Janitor
Male User Gallery

Loc: America Flag
Re: According to Wikipedia, I have Schizotypal personality disorder [Re: anomaly100716]
    #15301975 - 10/30/11 11:43 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

anomaly100716 said:
Lately I have been searching around the internet trying to find some tips to help with my social anxiety and finally came across the wikipedia page on Schizotypal personality disorder. Except for "magical thinking" and  "depersonalization or derealization" all the other symptoms strongly apply to me. 

I think I need help but I'm not willing to go to psychiatric or similar doctor just for them to put me on a bunch of medications that would probably just make me crazier or worse. I've already seen my mom put on just about every known benzo, SSRI, and other shit of that nature; it pretty much destroyed her and I don't plan letting that happening to me.

Anyone here have any experience with this or similar disorders? Is there any alternative treatments available that don't rely on drugs? Maybe I'm overreacting here and it's something else bothering me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizotypal_personality_disorder

Me. Man I have social anxiety too. There are so many fucking disorder disease related symptoms that are to me a bunch of bullshit man. Dont fall into that garabage. If I went to a psychologist he could probably diagnose me with 10 disorders but to be honest I dont give a shit becuase I still function in society and I am one damn upstanding citizen. Dont get yourself down because somebody tries to define your personality. And dont try to define your personality with negative terms.

You have social anxiety. So do 1/4 of the people on this website and so do millions of people on the earth. We are still breathing and life is still good brotha. I know social anxiety is a fucking bitch to deal with but we got to deal with it. Its part of being a man. Its part of life.

If you want my advice. No medications.

--------------------
TRUMP 2020

Invisiblecateyes
 User Gallery

Re: According to Wikipedia, I have Schizotypal personality disorder [Re: Jwlst]
    #15302129 - 10/31/11 12:36 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

cyberchondria??? i love modern psychiatry, always coming up with new labels... although in this case i would have to agree with Jwlst, it's easy to get caught up in things on the net...

i have schizoaffective disorder, you THINK you have schizotypal personality disorder, both fall under the spectrum of schizophrenia... assuming you do have SPD, it's a personality disorder that can easily be treated... if you go to a psychiatrist they'll probably write a prescription for an anti-depressant and a benzo right off the bat... although i'm now opposed to psychiatric meds in general a benzo over a short period of time might do you good... seeing a good psychologist could be helpful too but i went through five of them before finally finding one who knew her shit...

in truth, your "symptoms" are signs of stress... you could address this yourself very easily... it requires commitment though but i suspect you'll have no problem with it...

diet is CRITICAL... stop eating all processed foods... eliminate ALL sugar from your diet(this includes alcohol, you can drink a little wine though)... stop drinking coffee and tea(drink herbal teas instead) and drink ALOT of water...

foods to eat: meats(including fish), different fruits and vegetables, moderate dairy intake(if at all), nuts and seeds, if you need to use bread pick a whole grain at your health food store(not the shit whole grain they sell in the stores)...

consider taking: a good high potency vitamin twice a day, fish oil capsules, vitamin C capsules and balanced blend omega3/omega6 fatty acid supplement...

consider using 5-HTP (100mg-200mg)one hour before bed... it aids in serotonin production helping you sleep and will give you a sense of peace throughout the day...

drink valerian tea at night while you're surfing the net... it'll sooth your nerves...

i don't know what your personal issues are but SPD usually have alot of issues as a byproduct of past experiences... like i said you could find a good psychologist or if you can identify what your issues are you can address them yourself by reprogramming your subconscious mind...

your subconscious is really what makes you YOU! it works behind the scenes and pulls all the strings and it is constantly at it... it tells you who you are, how to react to specific situations and how to perceive your world among other things... world perception is a very big issue with people with mental health issues, SPD's especially... subconscious reprogramming takes time, between one to three months... it requires daily practice, if you miss one day you have to start all over(that's just the way the brain works, what can i tell you)... it's very similar to meditation or mindfulness training... do a web search "reprogram subconscious mind", check a few out and decide on one, they're all pretty much the same...

check out:  Orthomolecular Medicine and Psychiatry

relax... everything is gonna be cool...

Kensho :psychsplit:

InvisibleNihilisticDelusion
Awake Awaken

#15302892 - 10/31/11 08:14 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I had the same problem of overthinking and constant searches on the web looking for what I "might" of have.

I have been thinking that I might of had drug induced psychosis or schizophrenia, but in fact I was just really anxious, which resulted in DP/DR.

If you have any concerns get a neuropsychologist, NOT a psychiatrist(he/she will only prescribe you an anti-depressant/anti-psychotic)

Also, wikipedia isn't the best source. Check out Web MD.

Quote:

consider using 5-HTP (100mg-200mg)one hour before bed... it aids in serotonin production helping you sleep and will give you a sense of peace throughout the day...

I second this, or Valerian Root (Tea or Supplement Form)

Edited by NihilisticDelusion (10/31/11 08:16 AM)

Offlineusulpsychonaut
Male

Loc: Northland, New Zealand. Flag
Re: According to Wikipedia, I have Schizotypal personality disorder [Re: cateyes]
    #15305124 - 10/31/11 06:35 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

cateyes said:

diet is CRITICAL... stop eating all processed foods... eliminate ALL sugar from your diet(this includes alcohol, you can drink a little wine though)... stop drinking coffee and tea(drink herbal teas instead) and drink ALOT of water...

No sugar, tea or coffee? I've never been able to stick that out, too hard. I'm addicted. Tea, coffee and sugar reduce my social anxieties. When I was younger I would constantly drink alcohol too elevate my mood. Now I never drink alone and would rather not drink at all, but I do drink up to a dozen cans of beer, when I'm required to be sociable, its the only thing that gets me through.

We are introverts. Keep it simple. It might be more constructive to think about acceptance of how we are. Its out of our control so just let go (surrender) and be who we are.

Invisiblecateyes
 User Gallery

Re: According to Wikipedia, I have Schizotypal personality disorder [Re: usulpsychonaut]
    #15305263 - 10/31/11 06:58 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

usulpsychonaut said:
No sugar, tea or coffee? I've never been able to stick that out, too hard. I'm addicted. Tea, coffee and sugar reduce my social anxieties. When I was younger I would constantly drink alcohol too elevate my mood. Now I never drink alone and would rather not drink at all, but I do drink up to a dozen cans of beer, when I'm required to be sociable, its the only thing that gets me through.

We are introverts. Keep it simple. It might be more constructive to think about acceptance of how we are. Its out of our control so just let go (surrender) and be who we are.

being addicted to anything is not good... whether it's heroin or coffee/tea/sugar... it gives you relief because of the nature of the addiction... a junkie gets his fix and he kicks back and relaxes... tell me, when you have these anxiety attacks do you have a cup of coffee in your hand? chances are drinking that cup of coffee might sooth your nerves but it continues the addiction...

i accept everyone for who they are... i've always been that way... but anomaly100716 isn't an introvert... did you even read his post? he suffers from anxiety... you don't have to be introverted in order to have anxiety... look into it... check out the link in his original post and read the symptoms of the disorder he "thinks" he has...

OfflineNova

#15307049 - 11/01/11 02:13 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

The 'personality disorders' are really just personality classifications. They just happen to classify some of the more peculiar ones and call them 'disorders' even though many psychologists would disagree with that word choice.

On a related note I fit the bill for Schizoid Personality perfectly.

Offlineusulpsychonaut
Male

Re: According to Wikipedia, I have Schizotypal personality disorder [Re: cateyes]
    #15307089 - 11/01/11 02:32 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah I read the link - "...characterized by a need for social isolation..." - introvert.

Offlineusulpsychonaut
Male

#15307539 - 11/01/11 06:05 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Being addicted is essential to the richness of ones life experience. The trick is to get addicted to the right things. Attraction is the best motivator. I might be addicted to tea, coffee, sugar and entertainment, but I consider myself to be far more self restrained than I was in the past, their are far worse addictions out there. Right now I am spending a lot of time on this forum, just relaxing and enjoying the brain activity, I feel addicted to the shroomery message board. I find this place too be the most intellectually stimulating conversation possible in my reality. Never mind if that finally proves that I am retarded. After all addiction is simply enthusiasm.

Invisiblecateyes
 User Gallery

Re: According to Wikipedia, I have Schizotypal personality disorder [Re: usulpsychonaut]
    #15307623 - 11/01/11 06:59 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

i agree with you to a degree... addictions to the right things can bring on fulfillment... having a need to constantly parachute out of a plane, being fully committed to a lover, committing yourself to studying chess, the list is endless... but there are consequences to those addictions also... addictions can wreak havoc in someone's life... drinking coffee/tea and using sugar seem harmless enough but after eight years of fucking hell i discovered ALL mental illness is directly linked to long term physical issues, that can be easily resolved, it just takes time and commitment... to get my life back in order i'm willing to make the changes because these meds suck and i want my life back... my doctor told me to cut out coffee/tea and sugar so i cut them out and it has paid off in spades so far...

i love the shroomery too... there are some assholes here, so i just try to avoid the forums they hang out in but the vast majority of the people here are very cool... i share the same interests with many people here... it's my favorite server along with the ICC server...

there's not much difference between you and i as far as our diagnosis goes you have schizophrenia, i have schizoaffective disorder... what separates us is i have a mood disorder, you don't... so i want you to know i understand your frustrations and what you're living with... i PM'ed you information to let you know there is a way out of this...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds