Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineigore
Shroomist
Loc: AZ
what does this mean? Fuck you Malabars
    #1529649 - 05/08/03 12:53 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

My friend is working with three different strains, staggered with 8 cakes each. I'll skip the complications. Malabars were his first try. They colonized beautifully (one lost to contamination) but have given him hell in the fruiting. They've been sitting in his aquarium for 3 weeks just vegetating, all the amenities they could want (co2 exchange through airpump, 70-76 degrees, 99% humidity, a little light each day)Not one has pinned. Birthed at the same time was a cake of Golden Teacher which was put into the same aquarium. This is the only cake that has pinned and there was only one pin, on the bottom!
Question is- plexiglass lid rains condensation on cakes bruising some and puddling on others (I assume that what the bruising is from). He hasn't had time to make a drip shield, however, is that single circumstance enough to delay pinning indefinately?
Question is- Meanwhile one of friends other fully colonized Golden Teacher cakes got some light before birth and sent out 3 pretty pins, right inside the jar. Does the Golden Teacher prefer cakes? Should he case the Malabars?
One other thing- Are those 3 week Malabar rejects prime for casing? As a NOOB he feels that he's ready to case just from watching those bastards fuzz up. Is just the 50/50 mix (peat, verm) sufficient, or are the 50/50+ extras essential?

Thanks for reading this far!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemajik_monkey
Always Learning
Loc: machu picchu
Re: what does this mean? Fuck you Malabars [Re: igore]
    #1529683 - 05/08/03 01:08 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

99% humidity sounds rather high and the rain is a no no. You should stop humidity, clean the chamber (moisture off of walls, container cover and that sitting on the floor) and dab sitting water off the cakes and near the base, whatever the cakes are sitting on. Keep your humidity between 90-95 and make sure it does not go over 95%. Its easy to get high humidity in small areas and lots of people get a little happy with the humidity. If you get moisture sitting on the cakes, you should lower your humidity even more until it doesent occur. If you are in the 80%'s and you still have problems with sitting water, then your water particles are too big. Are you using an ultrasonic? You can case if you like, but if I were you, I'd put those to fruit, get your moisture issues resolved and then go with casings for later batches....if you use casings when you have an excess moisture problem, its likely to exaserbate the problem.

-MM

--------------------
There are more important things in life than just being really, really, ridiculously good looking. -Zoolander

Offlinemajik_monkey
Always Learning
Loc: machu picchu
Re: what does this mean? Fuck you Malabars [Re: majik_monkey]
    #1529686 - 05/08/03 01:13 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

oh yea, totally slipped my mind.....if you want to case this batch. I would resolve your moisture issues and get a 1st flush and then case for the 2nd flush. -MM

--------------------
There are more important things in life than just being really, really, ridiculously good looking. -Zoolander

Offlineigore
Shroomist
Re: what does this mean? Fuck you Malabars [Re: majik_monkey]
    #1529698 - 05/08/03 01:19 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

He's using perlite. He doesn't know exactly how he can lower the humidity using the perlite. As far as rain, should he use the vaseline technique or just try to make a drip shield? Also, do you think that the rain thing has been a major problem?

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
    #1529700 - 05/08/03 01:20 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Does malabar have a hot tub....a swimming pool or a naked dancing girl....I though not, there are 2 ways you can go with temps, most people have coldshocked and had success, a few have bumped the temps up to around 80 and had a little luck.
if the terrarium has a perlite bed, double check the water level, coldshock the cake and use a heating pad under the terrarium...make sure the temps are 80 or less, a board or something that absorbs heat needs to be under it and to regulate the heat a a few small pieces of cardboard will work.... if it doesnt work, try it as spawn or case it....I've seen it work in a few stubborn cakes and others that had never responded to anything....except the nekkid chicks.... but every thing responds to them

P#1

Offlineigore
Shroomist
Re: what does this mean? Fuck you Malabars [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #1529730 - 05/08/03 01:35 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

As much as I truly appreciate your input, I never asked how he could deal with the temp. The temp's fine. It's the humidity he's worried about. The spawn idea is interesting, that would just give him more substrate to work with, correct?

Offlineigore
Shroomist
    #1529804 - 05/08/03 02:23 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I'm still curious if the Malabar strain is ideal for casing while the Golden Teacher is good on cakes. Is there any site that gives these stats?

Are 50/50+ extras essential?

InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
    #1529945 - 05/08/03 03:40 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

They are both good on cakes and casings. If you have water pooling on top of the cakes yes that can be the problem, then again I don't know shit.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains