Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: The Doors

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineJourney
Hearing Voices, help!
    #1529252 - 05/08/03 12:56 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Recently I've been hearing weird voices in my head. I haven't tried any drugs for at least a month, not even weed. I didn't even notice them at first, I'd be relaxed and getting ready to sleep, and I would hear soft muttering voices in my head. I cant make out what they were saying. They start off real quiet, there is only two voices, they whisper and mutter, and I go right a long thinking about my normal ready for sleep thoughts, until they get real loud and I notice them, they then stop.

This is real scary as I'm hearing them a lot more often now. I remember when I was real young at times I would hear similar voices which really freaked me out, but that was over 10 years ago. I have various mental problems on both sides of my family, one of which is schyzophrenia. I don't know much about it but I'm approaching the age of which it starts to become apparent. Anyone know anything about this? or hear voices of their own?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinethe spiral
Neuroscientist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Hearing Voices, help! [Re: ]
    #1529404 - 05/08/03 01:31 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

wow that sounds scary. hearing voices is among the symptoms of schizophrenia; if you have it in your family that isn't a great sign. i can't imagine what that must be like...except freaky!

--------------------

"A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism." - Carl Sagan

OfflineJameZTheNewbie
The Mahatma OfZalu

Loc: pass the gates of hell 2 ...
Re: Hearing Voices, help! [Re: the spiral]
    #1529416 - 05/08/03 01:35 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

yea go to a doctor man if it is shcizo the earlyer you treat it the better

--------------------
Mice have feelings

OfflineJourney
Re: Hearing Voices, help! [Re: JameZTheNewbie]
    #1529444 - 05/08/03 01:45 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Man I really hope this isn't schizophrenia, my life has been so good lately too  :frown: 

I think I'll give it a couple more days and see if it gets any better, If not Ill go see my doctor, this really sucks.

Thanks for the replies guys, Im going to bed but Ill check this thread as soon as I wake up.

InvisibleMyInsanityTrip
Stranger

#1529581 - 05/08/03 02:32 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

It could be a spirit guide or a family member who has passed and is trying to reach you. haha, they just communicate at a higher vibration so it's a shakey connection.

Seriously, just don't ever be afraid of the unknown and you should be ok, if they tell you to kill people...dont.

you be ok.

Invisibleeric_the_red
 User Gallery

Loc: happy land
    #1529642 - 05/08/03 02:50 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

i have heard soft whispers, wierd noises, music i've never heard before, etc. while trying to sleep off and on since i was 5 (19 years ago). the music and whispers are what i hear most often, but i never can make out what they are saying. it just sounds like a crowd of people talking, laughing, and making noise....then it all stops...then it starts up again. it kind feels like picking up radio stations in your head, but just when you are about to get good reception, you lose the station.
in my case, i think this is due to the fact that i have had bad insomnia since i was 5. when you don't sleep for a while, you can get really delerious and more out there than any drug can make you.

i hadn't noticed this until i read this post, but i haven't heard any whispers or unusual sounds lately. for the past month or so i have been eating healthy and getting decent sleep consistently. i also quit smoking the good herb back in january and haven't tripped in a few years now. maybe this all had something to do with it, maybe it is just coincidence.

the whispers have never bothered me really. i couldn't even truthfully say i dislike them. occasionally, i would be slightly annoyed because i wanted to go to sleep and couldn't, but that is as bad as it gets for me. i couldn't imagine actually being scared by them. i just try to listen and make something out of it, usually to no avail.

keep in mind that many people pay money for drugs that make them hear voices; others hear the voices naturally. maybe it would help to remind yourself that this is all in your head and can't harm you. if you continue hearing voices and it still frightens you, you probably should see a doctor.

if you ever start having conversations with the voices, then it's probably time to find the nearest padded white room and turn yourself in.

--------------------

Anno cock? is that some kind of Greek liqueur? -Geo's All Knowing Sex Slave

OfflineWysefool
I AM SKELETON JELLY
Male User Gallery
Re: Hearing Voices, help! [Re: MyInsanityTrip]
    #1529644 - 05/08/03 02:51 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I think I once heard a voice but I'm not sure... I was just about to go to sleep after coming down from some E and I heard a girl talking, she was asking me questions but as soon as I noticed it she stopped so I'm pretty sure it was just my imagination. I also heard E can cause schizophrenia, does any know if there is truth to this?

--------------------
GET MAD SWAG MONEY BIG PIMPIN

InvisibleMyInsanityTrip
Stranger

Re: Hearing Voices, help! [Re: Wysefool]
    #1529756 - 05/08/03 03:48 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

As far as I know schizophrenia is a human condition and cannot be caused by any drug per se.  Maybe a drug could speed up a pre-existing condition that just hadn't shown itself yet.

I wouldn't worry about it, fear is the enemy.

Become one with all of your voices. :smile: 

InvisibleMyInsanityTrip
Stranger

#1529760 - 05/08/03 03:52 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I hear music in my head ALL THE TIME, occasionally I'll wake from sleep thinking my stereo was on full blast because I was hearing extremely loud music in my head, radiohead, RATM, NIN, TOOL, the Doors, etc. Full songs just blaring in my head and in my ears without any electronic means to pass the actual recordings.

It's an amazing halucination unless it's real, I suppose it is real because I am hearing it, right?

Offlinethestringphish
vajrayana

Loc: on my way to another plac...
    #1529790 - 05/08/03 04:11 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

quite telling this guy it's schizo. if it is, treating it is not really going to help much, it could muffle the symptoms, but wont help the actual problem. If it's not, it's not going to help to make him think it could be. I would suggest you not worry about it, but concentrate on it, try to develop your awareness of it if you can. It could be the spirits and entities that are around you at all times. And if you are unwilling to accept this and are worried about insanity, mabey you should not be messing with psychedelics.

--------------------
Ken Wilbur

"this is life changing"

welcomehome

InvisibleMyInsanityTrip
Stranger

Re: Hearing Voices, help! [Re: thestringphish]
    #1529796 - 05/08/03 04:16 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I didn't tell him it was schizophrenia.

OfflineDailyPot
Trip'n Time

Loc: Florida
    #1530042 - 05/08/03 06:51 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Have you been sleeping alot less? After awhile of low amount of sleep about a month ago I heard voices 2 or 3 nights. I'm just trying to fall asleep and its like 4-5 voices yelling at each other and me and I cant understand them and then I cant fall asleep cuz they come as I start to zone out. After a saturday where I slept 16hrs they were gone again :smile:

If you're only hearing them as you try to sleep I think you're alright :wink:

OfflineFliquid
Back from being gone.
Male User Gallery

Loc: omotive
    #1530048 - 05/08/03 06:57 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Man don't be afraid.. I can understand it freaks you when it happens suddenly.
Just remember they are but only voices. I have it also sometimes.
Maybe old memory's that come back without a clear reason..

--------------------
:dancing: My latest music! :yesnod:

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
    #1530085 - 05/08/03 07:46 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

If you go to a doctor, you more than likely WILL get diagnosed with some kind of disorder...probably schizophrenia. But that doesn't mean that's what's happening to you. It's not unusual to hear things in your head, especially when you're about to go to sleep. IMO paranoid thoughts will manifest as voices in your head... It started happening to me for a while a year or so ago... it stopped after i realized that I was doing it to myself because of all the bad feelings and negative thoughts that i carried around with me...so I just let them go. It's less effort anyway. In short, i am now too lazy to be insane.

--------------------

OfflineEvilGir
Im the on coming storm

Loc: Planet Irk
Re: Hearing Voices, help! [Re: Revelation]
    #1530256 - 05/08/03 10:25 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Sometime just before I go to sleep I start seeing hearing/ stuff that aint there it was scary at first but now I am just use to it. Even when i wake up i sometime see people in my room just watching me or trying to communicate, its kinda weird.

--------------------
Fighting the man the best way I can.

Anonymous

Re: Hearing Voices, help! [Re: EvilGir]
    #1530278 - 05/08/03 10:41 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

that would freak me the hell out jezu

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

#1530541 - 05/08/03 01:21 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

you've described what I've experienced since I was young as well. its kinda muttering and quiet and you pay little attention, it just sounds like background brain activity, and then the volume just goes sharply up, they sound intense for a second and they say a loud word or two, and the sharply stop when you focus your attention on em. I used to get em all the time. usually while laying in bet after a long day. ACtually thinking about it I haven't gotten them since I started surfing everyday, so if they're really bothering you you should get youurself on some sort of daily exercise routine. You should probably do that anyway for the endorphins and what not, but I bet it'll stop the voices too.

--------------------

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1530551 - 05/08/03 01:24 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

hey I hear all sorts of shit before I go to sleep - visuals too..... the longer you stay awake and motionless in bed the more this effect will come to you - I don't know if its anything to worry about, but I can tell you that I've had things like this for as long as I can remember and I find it simply fascinating and entertaining :wink: if it starts to leak into your waking, working life, then maybe you should get it checked out, but hey man I say just pay attention to it :wink:

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

InvisibleLiL_KuSsH
Lost In The Trip

Deleted [Re: Strumpling]
    #1530602 - 05/08/03 01:48 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Post deleted by administrator

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: Hearing Voices, help! [Re: LiL_KuSsH]
    #1530725 - 05/08/03 02:25 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I've noticed a lot of the time when I've got music or voices going on in my brain, that my breathing tends to match said "voices"

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop: The Doors

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience