Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinefIsh in my head
fadedstar

Loc: 4500 ASL
I hate pot. Will I like shrooms?!
    #1529033 - 05/07/03 09:43 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Hey!

I started cultivation a couple months ago and I really enjoy this hobby.  At first,  I bought some syringes for my brother who just can't grow out of em at his home so I did it for himself.  I now have a couple of dried grams and didn't trip yet with em. 

I used to smoke a lot of pot a couple years ago but someday,  for an unknown reason, I started to feel so depressed every time I smoked that I simply decided to stop this.  I still smoke once in a while and always get that bad feeling.

The thing is, should I expect to get similar depression feelings with shrooms?  I'm not afraid of trying.  In fact, I tried em a few days ago but got nothing of my trip except a 5 minutes of body buzz that was interesting, nothing mental.  That was very subtile tho. I only ate about a gram, that's probly the reason.

Anyways, I was just wondering if someone here doesn't respond well to pot but enjoys shrooms differently. 

I actually don't really care about the trips.  I just love growing shrooms,  plants and even pot as a hobby even if i'm not a dope head at all!

hope to hear from ya soon!  :grin: 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleCracka_X
Spiritual Dirt Worshipper
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Swamp
Re: I hate pot. Will I like shrooms?! [Re: fIsh in my head]
    #1529038 - 05/07/03 09:45 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I hate pot too. I can't stand being stupidly stoned...

BUT I LOVE MY SHROOMS. MAN I BET YOU'LL LOVE SHROOMS... Just be wit the right ppl ya know?

--------------------
The best way to live
is to be like water
For water benefits all things
and goes against none of them
It provides for all people
and even cleanses those places
a man is loath to go
In this way it is just like Tao        ~Daodejing

Offlineicewall
journeyman
Re: I hate pot. Will I like shrooms?! [Re: Cracka_X]
    #1529429 - 05/07/03 11:39 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

yea i dont hate pot but its very boring and i HATE being stoned... that feeling is dumb. and i just feel like a moron that is soooo lazy which is why i quit everything but shrooms.

i think if u dont care for pot u will absolkutely LOVE shrooms for its the exact opposite of weed... weed slows ur thoughts down... shrooms speeds them up and makes u feel so enlightened....

plus shrooms for my first time, cured my depression by showing me the light of how life should be looked at.

hope u like it... as i will be taking my second shroom trip (3rd actual trip tommarow)

OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
    #1529794 - 05/08/03 02:15 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Shrooms and pot are 2 entirely different drugs, so you'll find that it won't affect you in the same way. I enjoy pot, but tripping is more fun for me, as I get less paranoia on trips than when I am stoned, and it's more rewarding for me too.

Edited by Sheepish (05/08/03 02:19 AM)

InvisibleCracka_X
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: I hate pot. Will I like shrooms?! [Re: Sheepish]
    #1529811 - 05/08/03 02:30 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

yea i dont hate pot but its very boring and i HATE being stoned... that feeling is dumb. and i just feel like a moron that is soooo lazy which is why i quit everything but shrooms.

i think if u dont care for pot u will absolkutely LOVE shrooms for its the exact opposite of weed... weed slows ur thoughts down... shrooms speeds them up and makes u feel so enlightened....

plus shrooms for my first time, cured my depression by showing me the light of how life should be looked at.

MY EXACT THOUGHTS
Yea I don't hate pot but I don't care for it. I'll smoke it occasionally at concerts n festivals but EVERYDAY excessive use wears it out and is a waste of money.

My friends say getting high on shrooms enhances it but it just disassociates me more. I like tripping ON JUS SHROOMS and MAYBE some weed but not likely.

--------------------
The best way to live
is to be like water
a man is loath to go

Offlinethestringphish
vajrayana

Loc: on my way to another plac...
    #1529815 - 05/08/03 02:32 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

In no way could I possibly disagree more.

weed only slows my thoughts down if i'm smokeing crapp schwag, anything decent makes me think incredibly clear and fast, and i visualize things unspeakably well. It dosent make me lazy, I just don't give a damn about too many things. Exceptionally good nugs will even give me a feeling similar to that of going into an acid trip. Mushrooms are pretty similar except the feeling is much cleaner and amplified by about three million. Although comparing mushrooms and weed is like comparing apples and monkey toenails, to say they are opposite of one another would be, in my opinion, completley false. And eating one gram is no way to introduce yourself to mushrooms, 3 is the magic number. I say at least give it a shot, the worst that could happen is you have an incredibly horrid experience and never want to hear the word mushroom again :smirk:, but more likely you'll have a great time, no matter what, you will learn something. 

--------------------
Ken Wilbur

"this is life changing"

welcomehome

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

Re: I hate pot. Will I like shrooms?! [Re: thestringphish]
    #1530311 - 05/08/03 08:57 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Bud's ok to smoke every now and again IMO... But even the best bud money can buy around my parts doesn't compare to the experience of a mushroom trip.

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

OfflineVats of Blood
Dude, what the heck??
Male

Re: I hate pot. Will I like shrooms?! [Re: djd586]
    #1530422 - 05/08/03 10:19 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

i like both, but of course i like shrooms more. the reason i like pot though is that its a high you can do more often than shrooms. if i did shrooms a lot, i could see my brain getting really burned out.

--------------------

Anonymous

#1530455 - 05/08/03 10:39 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

When I smoke it causes me to think a million miles an hour.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1530460 - 05/08/03 10:43 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

dude if you're tripping out this much about it without psychedelics, then you probably don't want to take shrooms yet....... get your mind straightened out before you take them

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineODhaze
outdoorhaze

Loc: in the haze
Re: I hate pot. Will I like shrooms?! [Re: thestringphish]
    #1530662 - 05/08/03 12:07 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

3 IS the magic number

start with 3 grams

--------------------
I believe i will go out to the seashore, let the waves wash my mind. Gunna open up my head now just to see what i can find...

OfflineGog
hapless andhappy

#1531720 - 05/08/03 05:27 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Shrooms and pot are 2 entirely different drugs, so you'll find that it won't affect you in the same way. I enjoy pot, but tripping is more fun for me, as I get less paranoia on trips than when I am stoned, and it's more rewarding for me too.

I thought I was the only one! I also get very paranoid and neurotic when stoned. I used to do it every day for the last year. this fucked me up permanently because the constant stoned paranoid state was "destroying my personality". The paranoia then leads to depression, while I think over all the paranoid thoughts that seem to "prove" how worthless my life is. Shrooms on the other hand make me totally dazzled with every tiny facet of existence. Pot fucked me up to the point where some people won't even talk to me cuz they think im crazy , but shrooms help fix all those antisocial "thought lock-ups" as I call it. Maybe I reacted abnormally to pot.. i dont care, shrooms are a better drug no matter which way you cut it.

ive never tried tripping alone however and still get a tad paranoid around people on shrooms... but i think it can be a very rewarding experience regarldless, while pot teaches you almost nothing.

Offlinepattern
multiplayer

Loc: Canada
Re: I hate pot. Will I like shrooms?! [Re: Gog]
    #1531765 - 05/08/03 05:41 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

If you dont like pot you might not like shrooms. I like shrooms better, but wouldnt do them alot. Try a medium sized dose (2-3g) and find out.

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

OfflineWysefool
I AM SKELETON JELLY
Male User Gallery
Re: I hate pot. Will I like shrooms?! [Re: pattern]
    #1531880 - 05/08/03 06:20 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Just follow the trip tips on the shroomery and you'll do fine. I'd definitely also recommend you abstain from sex (even with yourself) and fast for at least a day before the trip (3 days would be even better if you have the will power!).

--------------------
]

OfflineBillowz
Fellow Shaman
Re: I hate pot. Will I like shrooms?! [Re: Wysefool]
    #1532218 - 05/08/03 08:06 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

You guys obviously have been smoking some schwagg. When I get stoned it's like the mind racing kind of stone. I don't feel depressed? Why would I, life is fun anyways you look at it.

I will agree that mushrooms make weed look retarded in comparison, but shrooms mentally aren't really feasible more than once maybe twice a month at most.

Getting high is easier and doesn't affect you nearly as much so you can actually talk to people and feel somewhat at ease.

OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Re: I hate pot. Will I like shrooms?! [Re: Billowz]
    #1532307 - 05/08/03 08:42 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Different people experience different things when it comes to drugs. I certainly don't feel more at ease and find it easier to talk to people when I'm stoned. It's because I'm naturally introverted, so most of the time getting high makes that even more apparent.
Sometimes the paranoia is a good thing - I judge everything about myself, and it kind of puts me to the test. I don't get as paranoid as I used to, and when I do, it's usually because I smoked way too much and I'm listening to some music that is made to induce paranoia :wink: 

OfflineSlapnutRob
Toolhead

Loc: Michigan
    #1532321 - 05/08/03 08:48 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

and fast for at least a day before the trip (3 days would be even better if you have the will power!).

Why the hell would you want to fast, especially for three days?

Quote:

I will agree that mushrooms make weed look retarded in comparison, but shrooms mentally aren't really feasible more than once maybe twice a month at most.

Getting high is easier and doesn't affect you nearly as much so you can actually talk to people and feel somewhat at ease.

My thoughts exactly.

--------------------
Anything stated above is fictional roleplay dialog by the character that is Slapnut Rob, in no way representing the actions or beliefs of the man behind the keys.

Offlinethestringphish
vajrayana

Re: I hate pot. Will I like shrooms?! [Re: SlapnutRob]
    #1532973 - 05/08/03 11:59 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

fasting is a great way to alter your preception and purify your body. That's why you would want to do it. People have been doing this for thousands of years, and it's for good reason.

I would imagine the only reason you would even ask that question is because you have not tried it. I suggest you give it a shot, and afterwards if you still think it's unnecesary, i invite you to come back and ridicule me. :wink:

--------------------
Ken Wilbur

"this is life changing"

welcomehome

Edited by thestringphish (05/09/03 12:02 AM)

InvisibleCracka_X
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1533173 - 05/09/03 01:09 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

bottom line is that Shrooms are the shit compared to weed

--------------------
The best way to live
is to be like water
a man is loath to go

Edited by Cracka_X (01/02/10 02:50 AM)

Offlinethestringphish
vajrayana

#1533278 - 05/09/03 01:29 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

mabey, but i would never eat shrooms everyday, but i'll smoke weed as much as i can.

--------------------
Ken Wilbur

"this is life changing"

welcomehome

OfflineLostMetropolis
A Stranger AmongStrangers

Loc: In The Machine
    #1533589 - 05/09/03 03:35 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I'm the same way. When I'm stoned I usually try to avoid interacting with strangers as much as possible. Pot definitely amplifies being introverted. (is that a correct sentence?)

As for paranoid music have you heard two tracks by orbital entitled "P.E.T.R.O.L." and "The Other Box"? They are both pretty fucked up esspecially when you've got lots of bass, some nice ass speakers and bud of course.  :laugh:

--------------------
"Not All Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien

OfflineSuperSpun
Not quite surewhat happened

Loc: India
Re: I hate pot. Will I like shrooms?! [Re: LostMetropolis]
    #1533859 - 05/09/03 05:50 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Weed makes people stupid as fuck. Weed is a waste of time. Not very many people can smoke weed and be very productive. Fungi is the shit.

--------------------

Not quite sure what happened

Offlinetooky
ol' smokeyglazed eyes

Re: I hate pot. Will I like shrooms?! [Re: SuperSpun]
    #1534265 - 05/09/03 10:17 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Drug snobbery, I love human nature :wink:

--------------------
--
"Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life."

- Terry Pratchett, Jingo, 1997

OfflinefIsh in my head
fadedstar

Re: I hate pot. Will I like shrooms?! [Re: Wysefool]
    #1535258 - 05/09/03 04:30 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Just follow the trip tips on the shroomery and you'll do fine. I'd definitely also recommend you abstain from sex (even with yourself) and fast for at least a day before the trip (3 days would be even better if you have the will power!).

What do you mean by fasting? I just don't understand this expression. And why does having sex or not a couple day before affects the trip? I just don't get it. Having a lot of sex gets your overal energy a bit lower and it's not a good thing when you do shrooms? That doesn't make sense to me..

explain and fill the hole of my ignorance with something better!!

InvisibleCracka_X
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1535768 - 05/09/03 08:36 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Weed makes people stupid as fuck. Weed is a waste of time. Not very many people can smoke weed and be very productive. Fungi is the shit.

Wise man

--------------------
The best way to live
is to be like water
a man is loath to go

Offlineshr00m
junglisT 2 thefUll3st

#1535788 - 05/09/03 08:51 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Well it depends on the kind of strains you have been smoking.

Their are two kinds.
Indicas and Sativas.

Indicas are in my word "couch-lock". When I smoke indicas i become very lazy and just slow and shit.

But when i smoke sativas i become happy and hippiesh(is that even a word?lol) basically its the opposite of indicas(to some extent)

I would grow weed but i'd only do that when I have my own place. And I don't know about shrooms tho. Haven't tried them yet. But from all the GREAT trip stories, etc. I like shrooms better already(even though I haven't tried it! haha)

So It really bugs me when you say you hate pot. Because you probably haven't tried other stuff like crosses, sativas, etc. Stuff worth mentioning not shit weed, etc.

You need to get good WEED not the cheap kind. The cheap kind usually just makes you lazy and slow.(and thatsa pretty damn crappy). whats cool about weed is you can experience with the different kinds of high, etc.

so instead of saying you hate pot say you hate that strain you smoke and maybe you need to try some strains that are in the cannabis cup and such.

--------------------
the only constant is change~ life goes on. so theres no point in staying back because you can always catch up. try,hope, and understand!

Offlineshr00m
junglisT 2 thefUll3st

#1535797 - 05/09/03 08:56 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

I TOTALLY DISAGREE WITH WHAT YOU SAID. ANd it REaLLY ANGERS me that someone can make that kind of statement! So you are saying Bob Marley was stupid as fuck and he wasted his time? You need to stop smoking cheap ass shit and smoke some decent shit. I bet you probably thought that their was only one kind of weed and it produced the same kind of high. Boy are you wrong. I know what type of person you are. Or at least I can guess. You tried weed. Found out that the shit you smoked wasn't for you and didn't like it. And you have similar people tell you that it was shit too when they weren't even smoking good quality weed and you came with such an ignorant ass conclusion as weed making people stupid as FUCK and a big waste of time.

A waste of time in whos minds though? in your "anti-weed" mind? It really makes no sense why you said something as stupid as that. Because if you think about it someone who is completely against drugs can say the same thing. thats how ignorant your statement is. Its like saying this huge anti-drug guy saying ALL DRUGS are a waste of time.

tell me you wouldn't be pissed off at him. thats pretty much what you are telling me. it does not matter if he tried getting high or not.

--------------------
the only constant is change~ life goes on. so theres no point in staying back because you can always catch up. try,hope, and understand!

Edited by shr00m (05/09/03 08:56 PM)

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #1536042 - 05/09/03 11:11 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

The thing is, should I expect to get similar depression feelings with shrooms? I'm not afraid of trying. In fact, I tried em a few days ago but got nothing of my trip except a 5 minutes of body buzz that was interesting, nothing mental. That was very subtile tho. I only ate about a gram, that's probly the reason.

It is not possible for me to compare the effects of cannabis and mushrooms. They are as different, if not more so, as being stoned on cannabis and drunk from alcohol.

With that in mind, there is a very good chance that you will respond positively to mushrooms. The effects normally last from four to six hours depending upon how much you eat. Cannabis kind of turns the brain onto low speed where everything is slow and simple. Mushrooms seem to wake me up and open a new window to view the world through. They will amplify your emotions as well. If you are happy and having a good time, this will get multiplied as the trip peaks. If you are paranoid, or uncomfortable you can expect an unpleasant ride. Don't get on the ride until you have determined that you are going to have fun with them even if you don't like them.

There are more or less two ways to get an introduction to the effects. The first is to eat a decent amount and trip like a pro. For most people, this is the most enjoyable. Another method, which I find much more spiritual, is to work up small doses and to contemplate the different effects at different doses. Sound distortions are usually the first thing I notice at low doses. Music will open up sounding larger than life. Close your eyes, and let the music take you for a ride.

Wait a few weeks (at least seven days) and up the dosage by half a gram or so. There are many different states of mind that you will find doing this. Sometimes sounds will have a look or a taste... textures and smells become heavenly. With your eyes closed you will start to see colored lines spinning around in strange geometric patterns, or fields of baby 3d shrooms, and much more. You are not out of your mind during this, as you might be when drunk or stoned. Trying to walk may be difficult, and your body might complain a bit, but your mind is very awake and alert.

With another half gram or gram you will enter the realm of open eye visuals. Again, you are alert and awake. You might be laying on the floor, not moving around because it feels good. You might also be laying there because you cannot balance to get up. Either way it doesn't matter. If you relax your eyes, things in the room will start to breath. (They warp in and out, looking as if they are breathing.) Textures, such as wood grain will start to flow like a river. Colors will shift and change. You will notice more reds and oranges than blues, or whites, etc. If you ate enough, some things will start to dance around. The vase on the shelf might start to move around a little bit, until you focus on it.

A little more and everything is going wild, moving around on its own. I am not saying that the coffee table is going to start hunting you down all over the house. Instead, things tend to bend or jiggle so that they appear to be moving. Usually if you focus on the object, it will hold still, but everything out of the corner of your eyes will still be moving. This is my favorite level to reach. Moving your hand in front of your face will leave a field of trace images of your hand. Closing your eyes will create a 'screen saver' world of colors and patterns. The shere amount of sensory input came sometimes be too much to take. In these cases I like to find a nice quiet place, all by myself, to curl up and calm down for a bit... to explore the new worlds that are open in my mind.

Another gram or so and things start to get ugly. You are probably in the five to seven gram range now. Your sense of self starts to split apart into different facets. Voices can often be heard, it is nearly impossible to move around, things stop making sense and they merge together and apart randomly. The open eye visuals are so wild it is difficult to focus on anything. Closing your eyes feels like you might be swept away into nothingness at any moment. Most people find this state to be very scary and often drop into a bad trip. They get stuck in wave after wave of almost losing reality and fighting to end something that cannot be stopped. A very negative downword spiral.

If you find yourself fighting to hang on to whatever is left of reality, take a deep calm breath or two and let go... let the experience take over the trip, surrender, and yet another state of mind will open.

The above is based on my own personal experiences consuming where (and when) mushrooms are legal. I am a light weight and the fruit hits me pretty hard and fast. My low level music loving dosage is around 0.5g (all weights dry, multiply by 10 for aprox wet weight). I find the most enjoyable time to come around 3g to 3.5g and I find the dissociative, can't focus any more to start around 4g to 5g. If I want to meditate, around 2g to 2.5g is good. For the spiritual experience I find a low dose with meditation better than a large, confusing, mind blowing dose.

Remember we are all different, and what works for me may be a living hell for others.

Quote:

I actually don't really care about the trips. I just love growing shrooms, plants and even pot as a hobby even if i'm not a dope head at all!

Sometimes the excitement from doing something illegal adds that little extra to life. Be careful, the extra excitement might not be worth getting a criminal record or jail time. The more people that know you are growing, the more likely you are to get caught. There are other types of mushrooms that you can grow, eat and enjoy, that wont land you in jail. Know your motives and decide if the risks are worth the what might happen.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Invisibleutopianglory
Spunkmuffin
    #1536078 - 05/09/03 11:30 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Probably the most important thing you can do to make a mushroom trip comfortable and without depression is to find the source of these feelings that come up whenever you were smoking. It is very possible that if they are genuinely linked to something that you sub/consciously "have a problem with" then this issue may arise again whilst tripping. Unfortunately it will be strong, believe me.. I have been there. It took me a while to resolve the issues that I had with myself before I could ever enjoy a mushroom trip. I had to learn the hard way experiencing numerous bad sections of trips because of this. If it is just paranoia based though then you will probably go quite well.

As always, and especially in your case. Pay close attention to your set and setting. Don't rush into anything.. you will know the right time and the right time will deliver the right mindset throughout the trip. I'm sure many bad trips are caused by poor planning/timing. I remember one night when my city had flashflooded, the moon was full and the water had subsided.. walking out in the dead of the night, enjoying the sghts, the sounds and the smells of the land the water had washed away... I knew that night was special.. and it was the best trip I ever had.

Edited by utopianglory (05/09/03 11:31 PM)

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: I hate pot. Will I like shrooms?! [Re: utopianglory]
    #1536127 - 05/09/03 11:50 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Although I enjoy smoking cannabis now, it took me a long time to learn to enjoy it. I didn't mind the sleepy body high or the mind numbing heady high, but I hated the sense of paranoia that I would tend to get. If somebody would knock on the door while or after I smoked a bit I would freak out bad... to the point of hiding under beds, etc. I also hated that feeling of somebody standing just behind me and to the side talking to me. I could never understand what was being said, but could swear that somebody would be there if I turned around to look.

The only time I have gotten anything negative on mushrooms is when I have taken more than I had thought through (ah, why not toss down 10g instead of the 3g I was planning) or when I have been forced into a situation that I didn't want to be in, such as walking in public when they started peaking and getting caught up in the meanace the aspen trees were displaying, waving to and from in the wind.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineGog
hapless andhappy

Re: I hate pot. Will I like shrooms?! [Re: Seuss]
    #1536893 - 05/10/03 11:51 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

What about tripping alone. Seuss, I'd like you to answer this as well as everyone else, you seem pretty experienced <8- )> fuNny fAcE
seriously though...

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
    #1537066 - 05/10/03 01:33 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

I hate pot too. I can't stand being stupidly stoned...

your problem stems more from the drug war than pot itself ..........
because the black market cannabis is indica(or mostly indica) ,almost always, and it sounds like you would like a sativa better 

I dont think pot makes people stupid or lazy , diet , exercise , these things have a big effect on how you feel EVEN when you get high

and with myself I always have  alot of energy (I assume thats because I eat well and exercise) and pot doesnt make me lazy(unless I smoke my ass off like at the may 4th pot rally :grin:!!) and somtimes I like that , but if I just smoke a bit I can  read , play guitar , work out etc etc etc

dont blame the weed.................................man(stereotype) 

--------------------

Anonymous

Post deleted by Anno [Re: fIsh in my head]
    #1537095 - 05/10/03 01:53 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Re: I hate pot. Will I like shrooms?! [Re: ]
    #1537398 - 05/10/03 04:50 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

hey fiend those are some pretty cool books , I remember looking through "book 1' at my friends house a couple of years ago , cool book

what do you think of them ?
its obvious you like em

--------------------

OfflineSuperSpun

Re: I hate pot. Will I like shrooms?! [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #1538278 - 05/11/03 12:11 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Hey shroom....Fuck you man. Don't put mother fuckin words in my mouth bitch. I said not very many people that smoke weed can be productive. I didn't say everyone. And I smoked weed for 7 years man. I've tried different strains of weed. I think THC sucks. And almost everyone that I know that smokes weed reagularly could be a much better person if they would just simply not smoke so much weed. Your an idiot dude.

--------------------

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1538580 - 05/11/03 03:57 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I see what you're saying :smile:

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

#1540008 - 05/11/03 09:31 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Moderation is key.

OfflineSuperSpun

#1540724 - 05/12/03 01:25 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

agreed

--------------------

Offlineshr00m
junglisT 2 thefUll3st

#1549254 - 05/14/03 08:20 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

geez. my fucking bad man. and how were i to know u smoked weed for 7 years? and a shit load of strains. :/

anyways what strains did ya try :laugh: had to be one u liked :laugh:

sorry for all the confusion man.

peace~

mellow mood has got me....

--------------------

OfflineDemiurge
creator ofworlds

Loc: Florida
Re: I hate pot. Will I like shrooms?! [Re: shr00m]
    #1549670 - 05/14/03 11:29 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I'm glad to see some other people hear that seem to understand my problem with pot. Overall, I really don't care for much of the effects of pot. In fact I get so paranoid and introverted I sometimes downright hate it. I know its not the weed. I know a lot of people that function very well on it. Hell, I even know people that are generally more fun to be around when stoned. It just doesn't seem to mesh well with me, and the more I talk to people the more I find others who have the same problems with pot.

I have tried many different strains, and I like some much better than others, but overall I just don't care for the pot experience, so I try to only smoke it occasionally now.

On the other hand, I love mushrooms. I've never had a bad trip on them, bad moments, no bad trips though. Hell, I rarely even fell at all uncomfortable with them. The kind of uncomfortability that comes from mushrooms is entirely different than pot! Try mushrooms. You will probably like them.

It's funny, when I talk to people that are afraid to try mushrooms, they usually tell me that the reason they fear mushrooms is because they get so paranoid on pot. Before I tripped, I used to feel the same way. But trust me, it is completely different!

--------------------
Just another animal embeded in a technological coral reef extruded psychic objects...

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Re: I hate pot. Will I like shrooms?! [Re: Demiurge]
    #1550136 - 05/15/03 02:08 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

if after taking a drug you dont feel good , it has alot more to do with YOU than the drug "most" of the time

and I would argue that our culture makes people introverted, and paribiod and lazy etc etc (all the other things you guys seem to think weed causes)

I went to a great hemp rally may4th and I am going to another one july 1st !
I dont plan to get stoned and be introverted ! :grin:!

--------------------

Invisiblebandaid
clever title

Re: I hate pot. Will I like shrooms?! [Re: Demiurge]
    #1550744 - 05/15/03 11:08 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I dont know how much you can recommend drugs in general, I thought pot was the easiest thing to handle for everyone because I dont get paranoid AT ALL and I enjoy the feeling, though that was only after 1-4 joints my body "learned" to enjoy it. I smoke alot and I never get paranoid. Now after reading your post Demiurge and others I take the assumption now more openly that people react quite diversly to drugs in general. (edit: which was already stated)

Shrooms on the other hand are a much more intense and enjoyable for me when Im at the peak, however in the end I usualy feel pretty horrible, depressed and my body becomes cold, clamy and sweaty as the side effect, but I dont think horrible and depressed can describe it right, you really have to feel it to know how horrible it feels (but thats just me ofcourse). But I still think its worth it as a learning experience of how the mind works in some way or another and ofcourse because it feels really good at the peak.

Edited by bandaid (05/15/03 01:25 PM)

OfflinefIsh in my head
fadedstar

Re: I hate pot. Will I like shrooms?! [Re: bandaid]
    #1567445 - 05/21/03 09:15 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Well, i'm here.

I started this thread a couple days ago because I was planning to eat my first dose in the next days.  Since I really hate pot, i was doubtful about shrooms.

I did my dose and the result : that was really enjoyable!

Lemme share in brief for those who are interested.  If yur not, get outta here and go get the latest Radiohead, it's kinda good.

I had the perfect setting for this first experience.  I was in nature, in a little *chalet* next to a beautiful lake.  I forgot my scale for this weekend and took around 3.0 g of Tapalpas, Matias Romero and Koh Samui.  I had to mix them up cuz my individual cakes didn't fruit that much, eh eh.

It took me more than an hour to start feeling something and honestly, I can't remember when exactly I was sure to be tripping on mushrooms since  I was drinking Porto during the whole evening.  After 2 hours, I was feeling quite drunk but realized that wasn't due to the alcohol (seems like shrooms amplifie drunkness).

During the whole night, I was speaking with my gf. I was quite lucid and able to have some good conversations.  She also ate 3 grams but she got sick and vomit everything.  Too bad for her.

In brief, while speaking with her, I was on a good vibe, nothing more.  Sometimes, I was going in the forest to get some more wood for the fire and everytime I was going alone, in the woods, my trip was getting 10 times better!  I was feeling the trees in a wonderful way.  I was able to get some nice visuals while watching the stars.  I was also hearing the trees trying to communicate with me, that was weird but enjoyable.  I also had a fuckin nice experience watching ants working near their nest.

The most fucked up thing that happened to me during that trip was at the end.  I was still tripping on shrooms but quite tired too.  I went in the woods for the last time and couldn't resist the temptation of observing the trees for minutes, in silence.  I was suddenly impressed by the *force* and power they seem to hold into them and tried to feel it by convincing myself that * I * was also a tree.  I was looking at this giant tree, feeling it, slowing myself to imitate him, etc.  Then, I lost my ego for a couple of seconds.  For 3 seconds, I felt like my soul was detaching from my body (intense feeling of lightness, etc...) At this very moment, I heard a loud noise in my head (sounded like a bee or something) and then I woke up. I stayed there, in front of the tree and did it again.  I was once again losing my mind and heard again that buz that woke me up.  I then decided it was enough and got back home thinking of this weird but enjoyable experience.

In brief, that was my first trip.  I learnt that to get the most of a trip, I must listen to it more.  Talking with someone is great but it tends to block the visuals and deep feelings.  I should also not be drinking on shrooms to better understand their action.

that's about it.

adi0s!  :laugh:

Offlinesuperfine
Driter

Loc: My Home Roams
    #1567938 - 05/22/03 12:05 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I don't think alot of the people here understand fully what you are saying about why you dont smoke pot, from what you said it sound like you have the same problem as me it is very hard to describe and few people understand fully. I have seen people on the shroomery say they have this problem with weed but have never actually met anybody in person who becomes depressed like me from smoking weed. Out of my own interest i have some questions for you.

1.You say that you live in Canada, do you live in B.C.?

2.About when was the time where you started getting depressed when smoking weed?

when I smoke weed i start thinking about things like
3.-a conversation i had just seconds ago, or weeks ago that seemed absolutely normal and rational at the time and think I said something that i didn't even think about and start thinking i said something sooo stupid
4.-feelings of wanting to go anywhere or do anything because im an idiot (last time i smoked weed i was seriously considering cancelling my trip to new zealand)
5.-even my best friend and girlfriend dont really like me and think im an idiot
6.-my night is completely ruined
I have none of these thoughts when i am not smoking weed

6.Have you done any other drugs(besides mushrooms)? if so did you first try them around the time you started feeling depressed when smoking weed (I have this theory about coke)

If you dont want to answer any of these questions on the forum just pm me

--------------------
Go through the orange yesterday

I watched intently for a while to both sides, infront of me and behind me.
I was impressed to learn there was another way to look... UP!
More impressive still was the fact that there were beautiful stars in this direction
Most amazing fact of all was the prospect of another direction when I was done with up. DOWN! Which, based on the feel through my toes would be a fine sandy beach!

OfflineGog
hapless andhappy

Re: I hate pot. Will I like shrooms?! [Re: superfine]
    #1576619 - 05/25/03 04:20 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Weed started making me depressed about last Christmas. I don't even know why... it might have been all the times I had gotten paranoid stoned by myself, or just cuz I was I got depressed at the time. I don't think you can blame a drug for being depressed, but certain drugs can amplify different emotions within you. People who are more likely to become introverted, depressed or wary of others (paranoid) will get a lot worse with pot. These same people might love mushrooms for their creative input and healthy spin on life.

For me, the pot thing has really ruined my social life. All my friends smoke pot A LOT, and when I do it with them I act nervous and twitchy, and they think I'm a freak for it. Stoners never consider the fact that pot is a drug... for them it's life.

OfflineSmawrpg
Urban Shaman
Male User Gallery

#11745636 - 12/30/09 10:01 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

shrooms: special enlightenment tool
weed: everyday mind expander.

And no, hating pot decreases the chance you enjoy shrooms but by no means does it eliminate the chance.  It is still very likely shrooms could be for you!

Edited by Smawrpg (12/30/09 10:02 PM)

OfflineAngel_Above
Nobody
Male

Re: I hate pot. Will I like shrooms?! [Re: Smawrpg]
    #11745769 - 12/30/09 10:18 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

You just brought up a 6 and a half year old thread!

OfflineVibes
Good Vibes
Male

Loc: Flag
    #11745824 - 12/30/09 10:28 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Smawrpg said:
shrooms: special enlightenment tool
weed: everyday mind expander.

And no, hating pot decreases the chance you enjoy shrooms but by no means does it eliminate the chance.  It is still very likely shrooms could be for you!

6 YEAR OLD THREAD!:megacrankey:

--------------------
:mushroom2:Good Vibes:mushroom2:

Invisibletrip forever
Stranger

Re: I hate pot. Will I like shrooms?! [Re: Anonymous]
    #11745855 - 12/30/09 10:33 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Anonymous said:
When I smoke it causes me to think a million miles an hour.

:highfive:
thats why i love to smoke while trippin

--------------------

Invisibleotherwhitemeat
Female User Gallery
Loc: Florida
Re: I hate pot. Will I like shrooms?! [Re: trip forever]
    #11746039 - 12/30/09 11:13 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

i do not enjoy pot. i do love psilocybin.

i've never understood what's wrong with replying to old threads. seems way better to keep one old thread alive than a new one every week with the same old topic! threads would acquire encyclopedic depth and quality instead of varying with the level of bake and redundancy tolerance of this or that week's active posters.

OfflinePhate
Hmm...
Male

Loc: Everywhere and Nowhere
Re: I hate pot. Will I like shrooms?! [Re: otherwhitemeat]
    #11746984 - 12/31/09 03:12 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

otherwhitemeat said:
i do not enjoy pot. i do love psilocybin.

i've never understood what's wrong with replying to old threads. seems way better to keep one old thread alive than a new one every week with the same old topic! threads would acquire encyclopedic depth and quality instead of varying with the level of bake and redundancy tolerance of this or that week's active posters.

necromancing threads causes confusion.
this is a discussion forum. threads are individual discussions.  if there hasnt been a post in a thread for 6 years, that means the conversation has been done for 6 years. let it die.

--------------------
Think for yourself, question authority.

OfflineILoveThomYorke
Oh Audrey!
 User Gallery

Re: I hate pot. Will I like shrooms?! [Re: Phate]
    #11747130 - 01/01/10 09:29 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Depends why you hate pot

If you hate pot because it makes you anxious or paranoid then generally - though everyone is different - you will not like shrooms. You'll find the come up apprehensive at best and, though you may really enjoy the peak, you'll be so shaken by the early part of the experience it'll eclipse it for you.

But anyone can enjoy psilocybin in the right settings. Just need to find out what they are.

--------------------
I M A B I R T H D A Y C A N D L E I N A C I R C L E O F B L A C K G I R LS

F A L L E N O F F T H E B A C K O F A G I A N T B I R D T H A T S B E E N C A R R Y I N G M E

F I N A L L Y I M F R E E F R O M A L L T H E W E I G H T I V E B E E N C A R R Y I N G

A T T H E B O T T O M O F A G I G A N T I C C R A T E R A N A R M C H A I R C A L L S T O Y O U

OfflineSmawrpg
Urban Shaman
Male User Gallery

Re: I hate pot. Will I like shrooms?! [Re: Vibes]
    #11750252 - 01/01/10 09:56 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

hahaha o well i dont even remember how I found that thread. Thought it was in forum index but guess not my bad.

InvisibleCracka_X
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #11751247 - 01/02/10 02:58 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

my beef with pot is its tendency to make me feel like a spectator; I just sit back watch and laugh at everything.  That's fine and ok if that's what I'm up for, but a lot of ppl do it way too often and, while I know everyone is different, I see it as a huge financial drain compared to the "special", occasional fungal ventures. I feel like more social and active, in general, with duh fungus.

--------------------
The best way to live
is to be like water
a man is loath to go

Offlinetokinman21
Stranger

#13043420 - 08/12/10 08:10 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

For everyone who says they don't like weed because it slows you down, you've apparently never smoked good (or even decent) headies.  Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of super dank indica (body high) strains, but headies don't slow you down.  In fact there are lots of sativas (head high) that I feel I function better on that when I'm sober...almost like coke or something.

InvisibleCracka_X
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: I hate pot. Will I like shrooms?! [Re: tokinman21]
    #13044044 - 08/12/10 10:26 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I'd like to take my position back and say that I am a fan of the almighty ganj! =D

--------------------
The best way to live
is to be like water
a man is loath to go

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale