Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineJameZTheNewbie
The Mahatma OfZalu

Loc: pass the gates of hell 2 ...
the straw myco bags
    #1527746 - 05/07/03 01:43 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

yea has anyone used the straw myco bags if so let me know your results....colonastion time,yield, ect...thanks PEacES

--------------------
Mice have feelings

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleTerrapinSunrise
Stranger
Loc: KY
Re: the straw myco bags [Re: JameZTheNewbie]
    #1527898 - 05/07/03 02:25 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

i am curious as to whether or not you can grow pan. cyans in the straw bags and then birth them onto dung or whatever else they require. anyone know if the straw bags would work for that?

InvisibleZwieback0
Baby Bread
 User Gallery

Re: the straw myco bags [Re: TerrapinSunrise]
    #1528168 - 05/07/03 04:24 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

GOD DAMMIT!
STOP BUYING MYCO BAGS!!! I personally dont think they are not worth the money, it costs less to buy your own jars and do pf tek than ordering online. Take the time to do it yourself and learn something...

InvisibleRoom4Shroom
 User Gallery

Re: the straw myco bags [Re: Zwieback0]
    #1528185 - 05/07/03 04:30 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Woah spaz....calm the fuck down -
There are some newbies out there who might want to try the bags simply for their simplicity.
Think about it...if you can spend about 20 on a mycobag and get ahold of a syringe, then you grow the things very easily...try them out...see what you think...then go from there.
I understand that it's probably a better idea to buy the jars and the PC and all that shit up front...but that's for people who plan on making this a big time hobby of theirs and in addition, actually have the money to buy all the shit.
God damn - you TOTALLY overreacted here big guy ... this guy just makes a post asking some simple questions and you flip the hell out. This is a community where we're supposed to help everyone out...especially newbies and people just getting started. Besides, this is the basic mushroom cultivation board...if you don't want to see questions about mycobags or simple pf-tek then get the fuck out, because it's people like you who scare newbies into asking questions.

Edited by Room4Shroom (05/07/03 04:31 PM)

InvisibleTerrapinSunrise
Stranger
Re: the straw myco bags [Re: Room4Shroom]
    #1528204 - 05/07/03 04:42 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

nice post Room4Shroom.

as for you, zwieback, there are lots of reasons to use mycobags. some people live in places, such as dorms/nosey-apartments/houses-with-parents/etc where it is DIFFICULT to find the resources/time/space to bust out the whole shabang from scratch.
also, they are NOT expensive when you consider that $15 gets you an OUNCE of shrooms that could return you $200 cash back... or you could see it as $15 gives you EIGHT trips... that may not be as awesome of a deal as the PFtek, but it sure is nice in SOME peoples' minds.

i think the original question still deserves answering... anyone have any positive comments?

Anonymous

#1528217 - 05/07/03 04:49 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Wowsers, a bag produces 8 trips (@ 3 grams a trip thats like 24 grams dried)? I think that is a very generous estimate, bags, from what I've read, generate around 0-9 grams (3 trips max). But I'm not sure.
I think using a bag is fine, I mean there are some people who just want to grow for themselves and only want to trip twice, three times every few months. For that, Bags are awesome. Much cheaper than dealers (also safer). And they provide a good jumping off point, you can case a bag, that way you get casing down and then you can go PF if you want. You can dunk a bag, I mean they just solve sterility problems, which are like 50% of all the problems in growing shrooms (temp, water, humidty, substrate ratios are the other 50%). But I'm new. So Zwieback, get off the high horse.
And while I agree with Room4Shroom (good post) it is kinda hypocretical to be flamming someone for flamming, but hey, there aint nothing wrong with a hypocite. In short I don't mean to be flamming anyone, after all, I'm new.

InvisibleTerrapinSunrise
Stranger
Re: the straw myco bags [Re: ]
    #1528231 - 05/07/03 04:57 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

theFlom -

yeah man, if you use a relatively high-yielding strain such as treasure coast (im sure TC isnt THAT much better than the others...), apparently you can get about 28g dry.

allow me to better illustrate with an example:
my friend used TC on a grain-based mycobag. after colonizing, he cut open the bag and set the "cake" in a terrarium. as of this week, he has harvested five flushes off of his non-cased mycobag cake. not counting the fifth flush, he had 19g dry (including aborts which were hella potent). the fifth flush is estimated at about 3 to 3.5g (not weighed for sure though yet )... he is dunking his cake again and hoping for a sixth flush! i was pretty amazed by this... so i guess it is possible. imagine what would happen with casing! peace

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
    #1528590 - 05/07/03 07:10 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

A monkeydog I once knew had purchased 20 bags for to purpose of testing, he discovered that 20-40 cents a bag was quite cheap, used several types of subsrates and tried different incubation methods. He played around with the bags to fruit many types of mushrooms, especialy edibles from the waste that my planer gives off. The little guy was very pleased with the results

He said the bags were great for wood and grain lovers, spawn, they were great for fruiting because it was like a little myco-environment, humidity was perfect, he had dunked *in* the bag and had no trouble from contamination unless he was being careless. He said he had a single flush from one bag was 38g *dry*.

Had his cabbage head friends not come over and eaten them all he would be making chinese food for months...he also had tried several methods of make your own bag methods that were not as effective and some just didnt work out for him...maybe because he needs opposable thumbs. but re-using the bags was not a problem as long as he filled them with water\bleach solution and waited to see if they leaked....he used many of the 3 or 4 times and wants to buy truckloads as soon as he can get a job that pays more than a little catfood and some raisins

Prisoner#1

InvisibleTerrapinSunrise
Stranger
Re: the straw myco bags [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #1528600 - 05/07/03 07:18 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

nice... hehe.

InvisibleZwieback0
Baby Bread
 User Gallery

Re: the straw myco bags [Re: Room4Shroom]
    #1528614 - 05/07/03 07:23 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

haha, my post was not intended to offend anyone, it was supposed to be light hearted information. I just dont think its worth the money to buy a myco bag when you could use material from scratch, learn something, and even reuse most of the material over again. You said that people might not have the money to start from scratch...thats total bullshit *(excuse the language) though. You can def. start growing from scratch with less than 20 bucks. I can start with 15 or less. 8 bucks for 12 jars, 2 for all the BRF you need for those 12 jars, and 5 for vermiculate. Its understandable that you would grow with bags when materials cant be found, but otherwise it wouldn't be. that was the pt i was trying to get across.

Offlineaobnoxious
Male

#1528638 - 05/07/03 07:27 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Some people are just like me...LAZY. They may use the bags because they are easy. Some people even take them out of the bags to fruit, with incredible results. Others may even use them to spawn poo and make casings. Do you cut your grass or do you pay someone else to do it? DO you change your oil, or do you paty someone else to do it?

InvisibleZwieback0
Baby Bread
 User Gallery

#1528648 - 05/07/03 07:30 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

TerrapinSunrise...
I would like to inform you that this forum is a place to educate those who don't know the standards to growing, therefore they gain experience from those who have that experience... I don't want people getting ripped off here. Even if my language may have seemed coerce, it was not my intention. In addition, I would like to advise you NEVER to talk about the action of growing mushrooms for profits by dealing, that is not why this current forum was created, it will def. get you in trouble.
Quote:

$15 gets you an OUNCE of shrooms that could return you $200 cash back

Thanks.

Edited by Zwieback0 (05/07/03 07:34 PM)

InvisibleZwieback0
Baby Bread
 User Gallery

Re: the straw myco bags [Re: aobnoxious]
    #1528676 - 05/07/03 07:38 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

aobnoxious.
I agree, there are many people out there that may be LAZY like you said. Those people can buy as many grow bags as they would like, in the end the yields the same amount of money used from grow bags compared to the same amount of money used to grow from scratch is substantial. But in consideration to t he fact that we dont know if the poster of this question is either LAZY or NOT, it would be more easily inferred and answer the question as if he wasnt, therefore we can deter ourselves from allowing a newbie to do something he may regret later. I was once a newbie, I wanted to try a grow bag also, but someone convinced me otherwise, and i truly appreciate them now.

InvisibleTerrapinSunrise
Stranger
    #1528730 - 05/07/03 07:51 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

TerrapinSunrise...
I would like to inform you that this forum is a place to educate those who don't know the standards to growing, therefore they gain experience from those who have that experience... I don't want people getting ripped off here. Even if my language may have seemed coerce, it was not my intention. In addition, I would like to advise you NEVER to talk about the action of growing mushrooms for profits by dealing, that is not why this current forum was created, it will def. get you in trouble.
Quote:

$15 gets you an OUNCE of shrooms that could return you $200 cash back

Thanks.

zwieman, read the sentence more CAREFULLY! i said "COULD"! do you see that word there?? C - O - U - L - D.
i in no way condone the sale of illegal psilocybin-containing mushrooms! i only said that in the first place to illustrate the fact that mycobags are not a bad deal because you can easily get more than $15 of "product" or what-have-you. your misunderstanding of my sentence only draws more attention to it anyways.
i will not be getting in any trouble because i do not grow illegal mushrooms. if you read any bit of my post (the one from which you quoted), you would immediately notice that i was not refering to myself but to mycobag users as a whole - i was only trying to clue you in the the possible benefits of using this method over the standard pftek. never once did i say that i in particular do any such things. i do not sell illegal drugs. i do not ever intend to sell illegal drugs. please don't try to skew my posts to create a misrepresented and false image of me. thanks again...

Offlineaobnoxious
Male

#1528820 - 05/07/03 08:14 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Zwieback0,

Some people, start out buying the jars, buying the BRF, buying the Verm. They Mix, cook, wait and innoculate. Some jars get contams, others prosper. They adjust temps in thier incubators...they learn. They fruit they wait. They grow anf they are truly excited. They may say "wow I did it!" I recomend every newbie at least try it once. Very educational and and exciting....

But for ease, less time consumption, and pretty much contam free fun...one could purchase a few rye bags and use it for spawn, or a mycobag and fruit in a terranium. Some people would NEVER fruit those in the bag.

InvisibleTerrapinSunrise
Stranger
Re: the straw myco bags [Re: aobnoxious]
    #1528845 - 05/07/03 08:24 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

yeah, my friend always lets it colonize in the bag to avoid contams, but then when it is done, he tears the bag away and just treats it like a regular cake or casing. a lot can be learned even from using mycobags it seems.

by the way, we seem to be getting further and further away from the originally posted question about the straw bags. does anyone have experience with them? that's all... peace everyone.

OfflineJameZTheNewbie
The Mahatma OfZalu

#1528893 - 05/07/03 08:46 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

ya see im not paying for them i won them in that myco bag contest....i was asking about the new straw ones i never heard about them..they are suppose to yield better cause its straw so yea...im not an expert but im not a newbie ethier

--------------------
Mice have feelings

OfflineJameZTheNewbie
The Mahatma OfZalu

Re: the straw myco bags [Re: JameZTheNewbie]
    #1528895 - 05/07/03 08:46 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

so anyone know bout the straw bags??

--------------------
Mice have feelings

InvisibleZwieback0
Baby Bread
 User Gallery

#1528925 - 05/07/03 08:58 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

If you did not want people to "skew" your sentences into something more or less than what you intended it to mean, you should not have used that metaphor for comparison because it may lead people to jump to their own conclusions.  I don't care if you are drug lord for an east coast mafia or grow for the purposes of making money, I could care less.  But on this forum we are restricted from saying anything that may relate to the distribution of mushrooms.

In addition, your metaphor is also incorrect.  I have had the opportunity to compare yield by yield from myco bags and growing from scratch.  Ive had a friend who grew soley from myco bags, while I did the pftek, it is undoubtely a fact that pf tek grants a more bountiful yield for the money you paid for. 

I agree that myco bags take less time because it has already been prepared for you, but I disagree with your other comment.  If necessary precautions are taken and followed through out a process of tek, contamination would never happen. 

This is all I have to say, end of discussion for my part.  GOod Luck to everyone.

As for the original question...yes straw is a better.  Your going to have to try it out anyways  :grin:

OfflineJameZTheNewbie
The Mahatma OfZalu

#1529056 - 05/07/03 09:53 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

am i getting yeld at again im confused??? :confused:

--------------------
Mice have feelings

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck