Home | Community | Message Board

FreeSpores.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineshroomtacular
Stranger
Precents on Mushrooms
    #1528795 - 05/07/03 10:07 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I just picked for the first time a few weeks ago, and i broght them to my friend who identified them. about 60 percent were non active about 35 percent were hallucinaginic and safe and about 5 were extremly harmful. What would u say are the normal precentages for a average hunt?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

Re: Precents on Mushrooms [Re: shroomtacular]
    #1528894 - 05/07/03 10:46 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Depends on how well you are able to identify the mushrooms that you are picking. the time of year and the location in which you hunt. Just the fact that 5% of the mushrooms you picked were posionous should put a little fear in the back of your mind for the next time you venture out mushroom hunting.

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

OfflineJohnnyRespect
Nomadic Wanderer
Loc: East Coast
Re: Precents on Mushrooms [Re: djd586]
    #1531248 - 05/08/03 05:05 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Well, since psilocybes have a veil that ruptures that looks much like the aminata familes (deaths cap, deaths angel), and theyr color is whitish, i'd say you have a serious chance :smile: You need to know what you are deoing for SURE before you eat wild mushrooms.  It's so much easier to grow them.  Also, when you eat amanita mushrooms that are poisionous, you actually do have hallucinations.  As your liver fails. And you die.

Jr

--------------------
As I felt the soft cool mud squish between my toes, I thought, Man, these are not very good shoes!

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
Re: Precents on Mushrooms [Re: JohnnyRespect]
    #1531461 - 05/08/03 05:57 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

but - i know personally of people that have eaten Amanita muscaria for the object purpose of hallucinating. if taken properly, it can be used as an entheogen, but i guess that it isn't such a safe one. supposabely the "Soma" of the ancient Hindu Rig Veda's.

Krishna

--------------------

OfflineLysergicVision
Stranger
Re: Precents on Mushrooms [Re: Krishna]
    #1694983 - 07/08/03 01:24 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Maaaaaaaan, there is sooooo much misconception about Amanita Muscaria's toxicity, - ive read sooo many journals and fungus experts will tell you that although it IS toxic due to the presence of ibotenic acid, but in amanita muscaria the levels are not nearly high enough to kill you (maybe if you ate a whole CRAPload of them without heating them first).

but you shouldnt have ANY trouble identifying them - just pick up an illustrated copy of alice in wonderland :smile:.Theres only ONE shroom that looks THAT good.

but for the beginner hunter, id just stick to blue meanies - just squeeze the stem and wait to see if it turns blue.

if it goes blue, its GOOD for you!

OfflineSev
Astropath
Loc: NY
Re: Precents on Mushrooms [Re: JohnnyRespect]
    #1695502 - 07/08/03 05:18 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

JohnnyRespect said:
Well, since psilocybes have a veil that ruptures that looks much like the aminata familes (deaths cap, deaths angel), and theyr color is whitish, i'd say you have a serious chance :smile: You need to know what you are deoing for SURE before you eat wild mushrooms.  It's so much easier to grow them.  Also, when you eat amanita mushrooms that are poisionous, you actually do have hallucinations.  As your liver fails. And you die.

...Uh, psilocybes look nothing like Amanitas, except in the way that they're both gilled mushrooms, and some of them might have a vaguely similar color.

And you have hallucinations -before- your liver fails, then you're fine a bit, then your liver fails, and you die.  :wink:  Seriously, though, amanitas aren't -that- toxic, people -do- use them to trip, though I would't play with them.

--------------------
"Do we want the stars? We can have them. Can we borrow cups of fire from the sun? We can and must and light the world." --"On the Shoulders of Giants", Ray Bradbury

All of my posts are full of fiction and blatant lies.

Offlinest0nedphucker
Rogue State
Male
Loc: Wales (yes it is a countr...
Re: Precents on Mushrooms [Re: Sev]
    #1695681 - 07/08/03 08:12 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

BTW Amanitas Muscaria is not classed as toxic, except by misleading sites that dont give you the whole story. I am only aware of one case of someone dying from eating amanitas muscaria and that was a strange case of a elderly man eating around 35 for breakfast after which he began having convultions and hence died....

Quote:

Also, when you eat amanita mushrooms that are poisionous, you actually do have hallucinations. As your liver fails. And you die.

I must point out that the most poisonous mushrooms in the amanitas family, amanitas phalloides and amanitas verna although deadly, Poisoning doesn't become apparent untill around 36 hours after ingestion. Yes, they do cause liver failure but while it is happening your mind is clear as day and there aren't any hallucinations.You are painfully aware that you going to die.

As for the hunt, 35% isn't really very good but you should study these mushrooms to ensure correct identification in future, and keep taking to them to your friend to be identified untill you can comfortably identifying the species your looking for..... Good luck

--------------------
The punishment which the wise suffer, who refuse to take part in government, is to live under the government of worse men.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Precents on Mushrooms [Re: LysergicVision]
    #1695684 - 07/08/03 08:17 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Maaaaaaaan, there is sooooo much misconception about Amanita Muscaria's toxicity

And here you go spreading more...?!

Quote:

but you shouldnt have ANY trouble identifying them - just pick up an illustrated copy of alice in wonderland :smile:.Theres only ONE shroom that looks THAT good.

This is a good way to die.  Never eat any wild mushroom based on the likeness of a picture in a fictional book.  Without looking at the spore print, the gills, the growing environment, the size, the shape, etc you are begging for a misidentification.  Eating the wrong mushroom is often painful and sometimes lethal.

Quote:

but for the beginner hunter, id just stick to blue meanies - just squeeze the stem and wait to see if it turns blue.

Again, this method of identification is asking for trouble. 

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience