Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleMontanahunter420
Mushroom Hunter
Male User Gallery

Re: Possible Amanita muscaria found. Need ID. Have PICS. [Re: Chiefbluntsmoker]
    #5913605 - 07/30/06 12:08 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Chiefbluntsmoker said:
Alright guys i just wanna tell you my experience with muscaria. I tried it once and honestly it didn't make me trip at all just made me feel kidna relaxed and tired, hell it might not of even done that i could of just been calm natrually. I ate about 2 big mushrooms fresh so maybee it wasnt enuff you tell me? Anyways i'm from Michigan And Amanita Muscaria(formosa) is extremely commen in the fall time. for any other michiganders who seek to find them just look under blue spruce pine trees i promise you wont go wrong lol. Well just putting my input in on them and they taste nasty as hell so i don't know if i'll try them again. Anyone else from michigan had any descent experience with amanita var formosa? oh yeah and michigans are a lil different there bright orange with white dots sometimes a bit red or a nice round reddish in the middle After all they are Formosa and thast what the muscaia formosa looks like
mitch. A
Ps. if anyone has a good experience with Muscaria from michigan please let me know, for i only tried it once and would try it again maybee the 2 fresh mushies i ate just wasn't enuff beats me

May experience wasn't excellent but it was decent. I was at a keg party that my friend was throwing. Before the party we cooked the mushrooms in the oven 170 or 200 degreses something like that I read it somewhere anyways I ate maybe 3 smaller amanita m in chocolate milk with the juice from a few extra ones we didn't eat. After 30 mins nothing happened. I drank a beer or two and all of the sudden I felt wasted. I feel asleep outside. This was very unusual usually I drink a 6-12 pack at least and can still function somewhat. Woke up sometime later with some visual hallications, but more hearing distortions than anything. I remember everything having a yellow glow to it and having a extremely good feeling throughout my body that lasted for some time. I didn't experience any sickness or anything so all and all I say it wasn't too bad from what I had previously read. This was almost 4 years ago I look forward to tring it again sometime. The variety was Amanita Muscaria var formosa the orange ones. This is just my input and personal experience and I am not suggesting someone ingest something considered to be poisonus.

--------------------
All of my posts are purely fictional and for hypothetical purposes.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFeelers
Anti-Myth-Rhythm-Rock-Shocker
Male User Gallery

Loc: Land of Oz
Re: Possible Amanita muscaria found. Need ID. Have PICS. [Re: Montanahunter420]
    #5914125 - 07/30/06 05:03 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I think there is quite a bit of confusion about the poisonous facts with muscaria's. The majority of the public think these are dealdy poisonous - and if 'little Timmy' tells his mum he ate a red mushroom with white spots and is feeling sick hospital will be the first port of call.

Certanly they are poisonous as say alcohol is, ohh just found a good little bit of info on this very subject... :grin:

http://www.erowid.org/plants/amanitas/amanitas_info7.shtml

5 caps is considered a strong dose, I dont think anyone would say that the amount of chemicals present in a normal dose of 2-3 shrooms would be considered at all dangerous. But with any drug there is a danger associated with unusual individual reactions.

Only 1 death attributed to A. muscaria - an old frail man who ate 24 mushrooms. An intense way to die I imagine.  :runaway:

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
Re: Possible Amanita muscaria found. Need ID. Have PICS. [Re: Feelers]
    #5914615 - 07/30/06 10:41 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

That particular fatality was due to misidentification as well as the large dose. The old man thought he was eating Amanita caeasarea and had 24 caps for breakfast. A few hours later he suffered seizures and died.

Happy mushrooming!

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

Offlineymhrswrider
Butthead

Re: Possible Amanita muscaria found. Need ID. Have PICS. [Re: ToxicMan]
    #5914853 - 07/30/06 12:33 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I was actually talking about how to verify that these are not Amanita phalloides and Amanita virosa. The concensus is that these are in fact
Amanita muscaria. But before I put down 3 grams of them I would like to know if there is a way to test the mushrooms in order to 100% verify that they are not poisoness. I was wondering if a small dose, maybe a gram, was taken, what kind of danger would I be in if they were misidentified. What kind of effects would I expect if they were poisoness? What kind of effect would I expect if I took that small of a doses and it was Amanita muscaria? Thanks for all the info guys. I know I'm beating a dead horse, I just want to make 100% sure I'm not heading to the hospital.

--------------------
Flashbacks are God's way of saying, "This one's on me".

InvisibleMontanahunter420
Mushroom Hunter
Male User Gallery

Re: Possible Amanita muscaria found. Need ID. Have PICS. [Re: ymhrswrider]
    #5915100 - 07/30/06 02:13 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

For sure it's not Amanita phalloides. The warts present is not a feature of this mushroom along with many other things including color(not as important) and the base of the stem. Take a look
http://www.mushroomexpert.com/amanita_phalloides.html

I had more trouble finding Amanita virosa but here is except from another site Amanita virosa: This pure white species with its deep membranous volva (cup surrounding the base) is deadly poisonous.
Here is that url http://www.mushrooms-millers.com/pages/poisonous_mushrooms/amanita_virosa.htm
Your species isn't pure white and also has warts. This excludes that worry but just because I wasn't completely familiar with the site I cross referenced it at mushroom expert. Apparently Amanita virosa is another name for Amanita bisporigera Aka The Destroying Angel . Here is the link to that page http://www.mushroomexpert.com/sitemap.html that shows the relationship between Amanita bisporigera and Amanita virosa. Here is the link to the Amanita bisporigera page http://www.mushroomexpert.com/amanita_bisporigera.html this again isn't what you have because it is a pure white species and doesn't have warts and the base is not the same. I am no expert but from the research I have completed on Amanita muscaria for myself and what I have recently done for you I am confident you have Amanita muscaria var. flavivolvata . I understand you concern in getting a correct Id because of the potential for poisoning or death for an incorrect id in a amanita species. As shroomydan put it
Quote:

shroomydan said:
They look like A. muscaria to me. I feel pretty safe IDing the red variety because there are fewer look-a-likes. Nice finds.

He seems to be very competent in his mushroom identification so I think it's completely safe to say you have Amanita muscaria var. flavivolvata . As for a low dose I'm not quite sure I have never tried a low dose. It wouldn't hurt to be safe and take the extra precaution. I not sure if the experience will be comparable to a full dose or not. Well enjoy and good luck on your trip if you decide to take it!

--------------------
All of my posts are purely fictional and for hypothetical purposes.

Edited by Montanahunter420 (07/30/06 02:26 PM)

Offlineymhrswrider
Butthead

Re: Possible Amanita muscaria found. Need ID. Have PICS. [Re: Montanahunter420]
    #5915237 - 07/30/06 03:03 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks so much guys. Well I give it a try and get back to you. Also, I have heard different opinions on dosage from 3g to 20g. What is the average does of dried mushrooms.

--------------------
Flashbacks are God's way of saying, "This one's on me".

Invisiblebaycafe
Urawa RedDiamonds
 User Gallery

Loc: 埼玉県&...
Re: Possible Amanita muscaria found. Need ID. Have PICS. [Re: ymhrswrider]
    #5915411 - 07/30/06 04:02 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Here is the dosage calculator. Unfortunately it doesn't have any information on Amanitas since it is not considered a "Magic Mushroom".

--------------------
I think my eyes are getting better. Instead of a big dark blur I see a big light blur.

俺のシロシャイビケッルリプスがここです。

東京スカパラダイスオクストラ

OfflineFeelers
Anti-Myth-Rhythm-Rock-Shocker
Male User Gallery

Loc: Land of Oz
Re: Possible Amanita muscaria found. Need ID. Have PICS. [Re: baycafe]
    #5916220 - 07/30/06 07:59 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Just so you know what you are looking for (you do, but this is just for info's sake) when IDing Amanita muscaria,

-Annulus (Ring) around the middle/top of the stem kinda like a skirt like so.....

Red with white spots, sometimes yellow cap depending on what type of muscaria you are looking at - the yellow ones are harder to ID as there are some poisonous lookalikes.

Basal bulb, with shaggy concentric rings....

Just realsied mushroomexpert had this already up for ID
Quote:

The defining features of the Amanita muscaria species group are:

* The presence of warts on the cap;
    * The presence of a ring on the upper stem;
    * Concentric zones of shaginess at the top of the swollen stem base.

Now as for dosage - I'd suggest 2-3 medium caps. Or maybe two slightly larger ones with/without stems included.
Say in your first picture - the bottom left one, and the two at the back slightly to the right of middle. The stems are probably equivalent to 1/2 (perhaps less) of a cap, all the actives are concentrated in the yellow stuff just under the red skin of the cap.

Let us know how it goes :grin:

OfflineBalvan
Stranger
Re: Is it Amanita Muscaria? [Re: Feelers]
    #15280821 - 10/26/11 12:20 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Can I be 100% sure all of these are fly agarics? Last 3 look unusual. I'm not an expert so I'm not sure if that's just their aging process. I found them all at one place, maybe 10-15 square meters large.
The last one looks same as 2 previous ones from pics (orange cap with very little white dots).

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/708/p2610111143.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/822/p261011114001.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/856/p2610111141.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/513/p2610111140.jpg/

Edited by Balvan (10/26/11 12:25 PM)

OfflineFoxDie
Spelunkin'
Male

Loc: Seattle, WA
Re: Is it Amanita Muscaria? [Re: Balvan]
    #15281014 - 10/26/11 01:07 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

The 1st one is. 3rd could be a variety but is too jacked up to tell. 2 & 4 look nothing like Fly Agarics!

--------------------
Feels like my asshole's on fire... FEELS LIKE MY ASSHOLES ON FIRE!

OfflineThe Influence
Free Sheeks
Male User Gallery

Loc: Not Wisconsin
Re: Is it Amanita Muscaria? [Re: FoxDie]
    #15281061 - 10/26/11 01:16 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

FoxDie said:
The 1st one is. 3rd could be a variety but is too jacked up to tell. 2 & 4 look nothing like Fly Agarics!

This thread is five years old, Im sure those mushrooms are long gone.

OfflineBalvan
Stranger
    #15281062 - 10/26/11 01:17 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

the 2nd and 4th are exactly the same as the 3rd one. I thought at first they were old and rotting. BUt i can't be quite sure.

All of these on last 3 pics have orange cap with litle white dots. And stem characteristic for amanita muscaria...

Edited by Balvan (10/26/11 01:18 PM)

OfflineThe Influence
Free Sheeks
Male User Gallery

Re: Is it Amanita Muscaria? [Re: The Influence]
    #15281068 - 10/26/11 01:17 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

:facepalm: noobs FTW

Quote:

The Influence said:
Quote:

FoxDie said:

This thread is five years old, Im sure those mushrooms are long gone.

OfflineFoxDie
Spelunkin'
Male

#15281099 - 10/26/11 01:25 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Influence: first off, I responded to a RECENT post in a thread that WAS ancient. Look when the previous poster posted... TODAY!

Forgive me for having good eyesight. The 4th pic looks bright fucking white... even the cap. Calling me a "noob" when making an observation on a handful of crappy pics is not helping anyone.

--------------------

OfflineThe Influence
Free Sheeks
Male User Gallery

#15281132 - 10/26/11 01:32 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

FoxDie said:
Influence: first off, I responded to a RECENT post in a thread that WAS ancient. Look when the previous poster posted... TODAY!

Forgive me for having good eyesight. The 4th pic looks bright fucking white... even the cap. Calling me a "noob" when making an observation on a handful of crappy pics is not helping anyone.

Then he should start his own thread for a mushroom id. Again the thread is five years old. If no one responds to him maybe he will get the idea? :shrug:

OfflineBalvan
Stranger
    #15281138 - 10/26/11 01:34 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

yeah, pics are pretty crappy I must admit...
Nevertheless it has white stem and white under-cap. Surface of the cap is orange with quite little white dots.
I found them and the first one at the same place, same conditions, etc.
Isn't there probability they ARE both fly agarics but in different stages of growth? Little red ones and big rotting orange ones.
I also checked the look of undercap of both of the mushrooms, and they are pretty much the same. It just looks defferent with this last pic because it has taken some flower-like form.

Edited by Balvan (10/26/11 01:38 PM)

OfflineThe Influence
Free Sheeks
Male User Gallery

Re: Is it Amanita Muscaria? [Re: Balvan]
    #15281163 - 10/26/11 01:40 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Post an your own id request instead of reviving someone elses 5 year old thread. And fill it out properly i.e. location, habitat etc.

OfflineFoxDie
Spelunkin'
Male

#15281405 - 10/26/11 02:36 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

So its better to create a new thread? Good to know.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate